Regarding Third Party Cheat Programs

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by EQ Dev, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordoro New Member

Quote from RadarX on this exact topic about a year ago, basically there is an official statement already... why do we have to rehash this again? We know warping and zoning etc are active hacks that aren’t allowed, I could probably dig up quotes for that as well, but really? People don’t know this by now?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/using-3rd-party-software.240280/#post-3534900

I think it’s time to lock this thread for now.
  2. Drakang Augur

The number one thing that allows AFK killing (ie stand at spot let pet kill mobs that aggro) is not an add on its the ADVLOOT feature. Tradeskill aug made people need a lot of items from old zones. using a pet to kill and loot is widely used to farm those items all thanks to the ingame ability to tell EQ to always loot an item without you doing anything.

Anxious to see if this is on the list of unapproved behavior since its all done with EQ provided capabilities.
    Metanis likes this.
  3. Mannwin New Member

4. Drakang Augur

Guess they should kill the tradeskill make all button which encourages people to step afk and let the game do stuff.
    Metanis likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually it sounds like things have changed at DBG so we do need new guidelines.
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

The big question is, will your opinion change once DBG releases their list of what is allowed and not allowed and people like me are still here?

From what I remember, I have argued this same point with you at least 3 times and you've refused to accept the truth. Each time I have provided you with slam dunk arguments but you grip to misreadings of the Terms of Service or what you remember used to be true a decade ago.

I assume that for some people, like yourself, unless Daybreak came right out and said "This program is allowed" you'd still find a way to argue that it isn't allowed.

Those of us who seek the truth, have already found it. Those of us who choose to remain blind to the truth shall forever live in darkness.
  7. So Happy Augur

This entire thread makes me so happy. Maybe we will actually get a TLP server worth paying to play on someday.
    Metanis likes this.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

I thought "diversity" was one of those holy grails of modern culture? Yet on this thread we have a subset of players who demand that everyone play in the same old vanilla fashion. This isn't your father's Everquest any more!
    code-zero and Lordoro like this.
  9. Bella222 Elder

Thank you Almars Guides! I went to your website and learned a lot I needed to know about legal boxing -- not illegal botting. Your sections on how to write helpful macros were the best I have seen. Thanks for sharing what you have learned with us newbs.
    Lordoro, AlmarsGuides and Metanis like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Sorry don't recall any slam dunk arguments from you. None.

Btw no interest in engaging you in discussion DBG will do what they will do I am waiting to see what that is. I'll only respond to anything silly you say directed at me like fictitious slam dunk arguments you made.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

As others have stated I don't think this has anything to do with broadcasting on non true box servers. As someone who uses the unmentionable boxing software that is not game genie I can't imagine ever going back to true box or alt tab. I play late nights on a lower populated server. If they made broadcasting illegal it would be the end of EQ for me. I don't have the physical space to set up more than 2-3 computers and that's doing it in tight quarters. My toons do nothing without me pushing buttons and contrary to what some people think it takes a lot of practice and fine tuning to go from horrible to just ok using said software. It isn't a setup and beat EQ add on it's a QOL improvement that should be built into the game along with the improved boxing visuals imo. If they do want to target these add one they need to capitalize and make their own boxing add on that they can charge for to increase revenue and since it would be from the source it could elliminate a lot of future issues like the ones in this thread.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think they intend to make every server true box so you won't need that many computers. One computer could run a full group if that is what you want to do. No needed software. I doubt simple broadcasting will become an issue but we won't know till we see some guidelines. In my opinion the only time broadcasting could become an issue would be if it was somehow being done on truebox servers

I have six boxed without software for many years on 2-3 computers. Could do it on one but I prefer using at least 2.
  13. AlmarsGuides Augur

Your perception is that they weren't slam dunk arguments. But the fact that I am still able to type this sentence and hit 'Post Reply' proves to me that they were (meaning I am not banned and by your logic/argument I should have been long ago; therefore you can't be banned for using the programs I have guides for which proves you were/still are wrong).

It's really no surprise that you're a common occurance each time this argument pops up on the forums. You say that using it can get you banned, I say it can't and post proof, you tell me my proof is wrong and then I roll my eyes and stop talking to you. Meanwhile a lot of other people watch us argue and then decide to learn for themselves the truth of the matter. My Boxing Guides have been getting a lot of traffic the past few days from people who actually want to learn the truth. Not like the people you see on the forums who only come here to argue every time this type of thread pops up.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think you remember our discussions really well. Don't recall ever saying Almar you are about to be banned. Might have said if you are banned its your own doing. I haven't been saying much since DBG says they will post guidelines. Arguing with me about won't convince the game devs. I am happy to wait and see what the guidelines are.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

It can be done but I'm not willing to do it again. My first boxing experience was around 2002 doing true box with 2 tons. At the time I didn't even know it was called boxing or did I know it was a thing. I have done both true box, alt tab, and a mix of using multiple computers doing alt tab on some. It's just not as fun for me personally and since this is about fun I have no interest in playing a style that I feel is not as fun for me. If me playing in mostly dated content using broadcasting while being active at the computer is deemed a violation I will accept it but I will also find something else to do with my time and money. I barely have the energy in me to log in most days so adding the extra hassle to an enjoyable experience is just not an option.
    Lordoro likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I know a few people in the same situation saying the same thing. I don't think you have anything to worry about but we won't know for sure till they post something and HOPEFULLY it clears up the broadcasting issue.
  17. AlmarsGuides Augur

I remember our discussions (Post #1) (Post #2) very well - you seem to forget parts of them though.

The reason I argue with you on these posts is because when I do, I believe there's at least one person reading who decides to listen to what I am saying and research things for themselves. I'm not trying to convince the game devs of anything, I know that whatever they say we'll still follow the rules.

I'd feel sick to my stomach if I gave people bad advice and put their accounts in jeopardy. You act like I didn't give my Boxing guides weeks of careful thought before writing and publishing them. That's why I even emailed Holly over at Daybreak about those guides. I didn't want to have ANYTHING on my website that they'd disapprove of. I'd much rather just get myself banned for "ratting myself out" than get hundreds of people who used my guides banned because I "thought" I was right.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  18. Lankie Augur

If you still alt tab in 2018 can you please delete your internet? I don't want to believe people like that exist.

Thanks.
    Talif and Lordoro like this.
  19. Derd Augur

Almar, you say you emailed holly, and we can only assume by that that she replied in the affirmative that m. Q. Is allowed. Which doesn't jive with the fact I've reported and had players suspended and told it was because of that as activity. I myself left your guides when i saw that particular section.

Could you clarify what Holly told you in response to your email?
  20. Warpeace Augur

So Daybreak broke their own rules and told you the person was using cheat software and was the reason they suspended them? Interesting.
    Talif likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.