Regarding Third Party Cheat Programs

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by EQ Dev, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpeace Augur

This thread is absolute GOLD. The whole thing needs burned down except the OP and Daybreaks follow up post.
    Talif likes this.
  2. Levy Journeyman

We'll see :)
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Oh I don't know... lots of the replies need to be in a museum.
  4. UndeadBob Journeyman

That’s actually a pretty good idea... I’d like to see a museum thread of sorts showing a list of all those who bit the ban hammer
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You have a lot of hate inside you, don't ya?
  6. Intenso Augur

mind all the monk ghostkillers
    Ishtass likes this.
  7. UndeadBob Journeyman

Only for people who claw desperately for a way to justify blatant cheating (there isn’t one).
  8. Intenso Augur

cant be that blatant if they not done a ban wave since 2014 or they dont care
  9. Intenso Augur

that it was actually sony that did it daybreak never done any if I remember
  10. jordune Augur

I like the idea of a boxing server tbh
    The Fv rule set would be nice
    Hell I would be willing to start over at classic even lol just do
    3 month auto expansion unlocks I’m allow guild name transfers and I’m gtg!!
  11. code-zero Augur

You all do realize that Daybreak created the Truebox Servers in order to segregate that particular segment of the player base, don't you?

It's not the boxers who've been exiled :D
    Metanis, Adrienna, Delphi66 and 2 others like this.
  12. Hinanar New Member

I

There's more than 15 people using the new one. It was crappily coded and easily cracked.
  13. strongbus Augur

depends on what they consider cheating. we all know they don't stand for wrapping/not being at the system/or bypassing game stuff.

what the gray area is. do they consider using a 3rd party that ether control your toons out right or one that let you give commands to tab out toons as long as your at the system a cheat.

as i have said what we think don't mean much it what DB considers cheating.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Mediik Augur

6 more pages since Saturday.. I was hoping there would be a post with better guidelines.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

That would be helpful.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

BTW, what is the page record for a thread here?
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Shameless derail there. Muahahahahahaha
  18. Questjunkie New Member

Daybreak knows a lot of people use "game genie". They also know who those people are. If the posting that kicked off this thread was about "game genie" use, in itself, many folks would have had their accounts banned a very long time ago.

If I am wrong, and DB is now adopting a zero tolerance stance on "game genie" use period, rather than certain behaviours, I guess I'll be looking for another game to play.

As for the "unfair advantage" issue? Yea, I have an advantage. I don't have to waste my time trying to lfg in a game that lost its lfg culture years ago. I don't have to try to find people to help me kill xyz mob for a quest, achievement, or gear. I get to play at whatever pace I want, on any given day, and stop playing and park my toons somewhere safe while I go afk for as long as I want or need to.

I get to play this game in a way I find enjoyable. I don't grief people, I've never exped or farmed anything AFK, and I wouldn't know how to warp if you paid me (or have any wish to learn). Heck, I've even been known to help folks kill mobs and to give a lot of stuff away. Just keep that to yourselves tho. I have a rep of being an evil boxer to maintain!
  19. Lckylad New Member

Beinging a player from the go. This game is more about playing together than it is about how well you can script you program. I am in a big guild on a server where it was if your lfg they would aways drop a bot for a main.. but after a time its about how they can run 6 12 24 toons and not there for the guild its a team play agme
  20. Razgadz Lorekeeper

what a thread here - wow ...

I remember the time when it was possible to go LFG, play a few hours with other players and maybe come home with some fine loot or nice stories to tell at the end of the day.
    Those times are long gone - most players these days simply don't have the time for hours of grinding or waiting for the right group of players.
    You either have a great guild today where you know the people you can group with and share loot, experience etc or you build you own group ( e.g. playing a few chars together with your wife/friend etc).

As an example: On a usual work day i sometimes have a timeframe of maybe 2 hours to play EQ these days - do you honestly believe that you can achieve anything in todays EQ in those 2 hours when you have to get a group together first and have to get to the 'camp' spot ? Oh and of course that spot is usually camped already, the loot you wanted doesn't drop, EQ is unplayable again (/wave AB) or down for a patch - so much about 'Play your way'

You might be able to kill a few trash mobs but thats it.
    There are times where you are trying to spawn a named for hours without even seeing it once - have fun randoming the loot with a group of strangers when you finally see it.
    Honestly - i gave up on that - my group these days is played by me and my wife - 6 chars on 6 PCs - its luxury but at least i can have fun in EQ in a game i play since 99.
    There are times where i group with others - but these times are rare. I usually plan ahead - have our characters moved to the spot i want to have fun that day. Buffed up and ready to go - if its camped - i play or do something non EQ related as it takes time to find another spot within those few hours i have.

Why do you think so many people play with more than one account ? Of course it is easier to play more than 1 char with some tools - decide yourself how far you can go with using tools without it being considered cheating.
    I love my mouse and keyboard - i wouldnt want to play with a standard keyboard/2 button mouse anymore. Logparser and audiotrigger software are nice to have but nothing i really need to play EQ as a group only player.
    Anything above that is gray zone imho - DB have fun deciding what is legit ...

EQ population is slowly dying - you can't deny that fact.
    Try show EQ to someone that never played it before ( Standard UI - nothing altered ) - after a minute or 2 in EQ - they stop and never come back.

I'm fine with DB kicking people that have automatic Scripts AFK killing mobs.
    Personally i wouldn't mind more content instanced - that way i would avoid those permakilling guys completely and could have fun at that camp myself and not disturb others either - i.e. 'Play my way' ...

But better throw your few remaining ressources on playability, bug fixing, new content, a standard UI that doesn't look like vomited on Screen etc ...

Just my humble opinion

Razgadz
    Metanis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.