So devs? what was the purpose of taking all VP charms out?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Numzan, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Numzan Augur

Miners too, leaving 1 mob in the zone a lvl 35. At the level to enter vp the charms did not matter at all. You pretty much gimped the enchanter except for a stun nuke, and dot. Your now just completely made us avoid VP. Its the summer time and warriors, SHD are off.
  2. snailish Augur

My guess is charm was proving too powerful for the zone?
    Maybe it was being exploited?
    Maybe this is the beginning of a charm revamp?
    Maybe Shiny Bob has rights too?

Most likely some other reason or number one on my list above... though #4 would be an ironic stance for them to take.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

So.....is this where all the melee says cry me a river?
  4. Dooby dooby doo Elder

I think it wouldn't be so bad if the pets weren't avoiding all the AoEs in the zone. And, I can't see them fixing that problem anytime soon, so nuking charm seems to be the next best thing for them. The charm pets aren't very good if they couldn't totally avoid the AoEs... but as it was before, they just got to avoid any AoEs and never get stunned on PD.

I can see one of them watching an EQ stream and seeing 5-6 charm pets completely avoiding PD aoe and them wanting to put a stop to that. People wouldn't complain so much if the pets actually had to stand in the AoEs to do damage. They'd be crap if they were getting stunned on PD AoE.
  5. Kahna Augur

It wasn't really that bad, those pets weren't crazy. They didn't do anything a semi-decent DPS would so. This change isn't that big a deal either. It just weeds out the chanters that were going to quit as soon as they became buff bots, which was always going to happen.
  6. Critt Augur

the Vision!!! lol
    PathToEternity and Numzan like this.
  7. Numzan Augur

Exactly...... and this can be stopped if only they thought early on... Let the pet classes, summon classes have full abilities such as Attack??? pet back off??? Oh wait after thoughts with AA's... We still killed the mobs no problem.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

None of those mobs existed during Kunark. Hell they never existed in VP1.0 on any server until TLP servers. They didn’t belong and if they are a big enough deal to complain about they were a big impact to raids.

VP enchanters typically buffed people and were responsible for CC of Wurms and racnars adds with Rapture. The respawn on these were about 2 minutes so it was typically more beneficial to Rapture and lock down a few pathing Wurms near a dragon kill area than it was to kill the wurm and try to burn down the dragon before the ultrafast respawn. Unfortunately AoCs with their not respawning nonsense removes this function for enchanters.
    snailish likes this.
  9. Numzan Augur

Ya but your not getting the point Darchon... Either did half of the DBG store items either, yet we have those. We also do not have half the zones tuned to classic either, yet you gained lots of xp from specific areas.

Those charms mattered not, even the miners are only lvl 45...

For those saying that classes need to be nerfed, are full of it... Nerf the damn store, so you can gain normal xp and not bottled XP.

That;s where the real nerf should lie, not with characters.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Everything in the marketplace is of course not classic. But there’s no point arguing to remove it from game because it’s a direct source of revenue. They will never remove it from any TLP. Any more than they would remove Krono from a TLP. It makes them money.

VP shouldn’t have any mobs that are charmable in 1.0 version other than elvish dancers prior to PoP. In PoP you can charm the guardian Wurms and racnars with CoD though. Makes for quick work of a dragon when you charm a 1k hitting wurm!

VP is a dumpster of a zone. Every dragon is magic immune or very high MR which renders most Enchanter Nukes and DoTs useless. Half of them are high Resist to fire and ice rendering Mages and Druid Nukes pretty useless and forcing Wizards use Lures. About 80% of the drops are redundant weapons. Each caster only has 1-2 clickies and some PD loot to look forward to.

Honestly VP is a zone most everyone should get used to skipping. VP and PoSky are up there for the worst raid zones ever made.
  11. Critt Augur

Well except POS has some of the bis items for 2 xpacs for some 3, not to mention epic pieces...VP has like 4 or 5 great loots..
  12. NotRightNTheHead New Member

If we're being honest here the content is extremely easy and those charmed mobs made it trivial.

Just do what most guilds do - Kill Silverwing and PD and leave the rest of the dragons up. There's better loot in Chardok and Howling Stones lol.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Bolten_DA Augur

Man, Velious cant come fast enough!
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

PoSky has gimmicky Shaman FD Rings and Cleric CH Necks. I agree it does have epic drops which are necessary.

But this is a zone that really you should Key in once or twice and then farm the epic pieces. It’s not a zone I’d ever wish upon someone to farm weekly.

Early expansions were mostly built around exploration. The raid content is really bad in these expansions and has almost no lasting value. They should start more TLPs in Luclin or PoP so people can do these expansions of raid content if they want or skip past it if they want.
  15. RandomStrategy Augur

Back in the day I liked Plane of Sky. You name an island and a boss, and I've taken a DT on it, by it. Used to make a game out of it between us paladins to see who could take the most DTs.
  16. Bankheadd New Member

This is the attitude of most modern day TLP nerds. They don't care about anything except loot and judge the content based on how easy it is to get loot. They'd rather sit through a 3-hour, easy, boring as hell raid they've done 100x because that's the fastest path to dressing up their digital doll.

VP and Sky are two zones where the actual content is the reward. They are two of the best raid zones ever made.

If you'd rather do snorefest content for easy loot than challenging content for the reward of defeating challenging content I feel bad for you.
  17. Bolten_DA Augur

o_O
  18. Kahna Augur

My favorite part is where he said the content is challenging. LoL
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Challenging content is the reward. Fine I follow you there, I agree. I loved slogging through Underfoot in most of the alpha/beta versions of the raid wiping many times before a win...

But you mean to tell me... TLP versions of PoSky and VP are challenging content? The bosses in PoSky have either DT and maybe 1 AE and 32k HP (or 100k with MoTM). The 6 dragons in VP have a Dragon charm that is on a long recast that is easily resisted by the tanks with high MR and 1 AE ability it uses every 12 seconds or so, again with 32k HP or the 150k MoTM gives it.

Mechanically, they are not a challenge. You can simply Zerg them all out with half full raids. It isn’t until raids get more complex that some semblance of a challenge presents itself.
  20. MesoSKCoirnav New Member

I did VP for the first time in era on this server. I got a neat 51/53 2hb. I look forward to raiding it 4 or 5 more times, but I would never do that key again. At least in my opinion, real raiding content doesn't start until Velious. There's more content in Velious for raiding than Kunark and Classic combined. Every single item that drops pre-Velious can be replaced in Velious, except for epics for some classes and clickies. (Maybe PD cape too?)