Regarding Third Party Cheat Programs

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by EQ Dev, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hinanar New Member

That 9 boxer is the only reason you're even playing EverQuest. Without those accounts. They can't afford to keep the servers online. Over 60% of their population is using third party programs.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Where do you get your stats from?
  3. Intenso Augur

how many ppl even play eq now a certain site has Members: 33,103 lol
  4. UndeadBob Journeyman

I’d like to add that saying “but but but.... everyone is doing it!!” does not make you being a cheater right. No one cares about your idle threats of quitting either, or your ridiculous claims that the sole reason EverQuest exists at all nowadays is because lousy cheaters are doing such a great favor to DayBreak by keeping the game alive.

What a complete crock... give us all a freaking break.

I hope the bans come swiftly and Norrath will be a much better place without a bunch of scum who clearly don’t know the most basic principles of right and wrong.
    xcitng and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  5. Gana Augur

83% of all internet stats are made up on the spot.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Metanis like this.
  6. Silinius Augur

Says the person playing the computer game whose primary intended mechanic is to kill other pixelated beings and steal their stuff. But lets continue to talk about "right and wrong" in the world of pixels.

This sharp divide between pro-box/bot/whatever and anti-box/bot/whatever further highlights the need to separate these communities further. Create a server where boxing / whatever is allowed, throw some FV loot rules on there while you're at it and give it instancing and call it the "Play Your Way" server. I'll sub 36 accounts for it, all Gold just so I don't have to listen to this argument anymore.

All of the "anti-box" folks will then know to stay clear of the "cheaters" on that server and we can all live in the world of happy-fun-time elves who ride unicorns that sh*t rainbow skittles and p*ss sweet tea.
  7. Intenso Augur

there be no1 left
  8. UndeadBob Journeyman

This is exactly the kind of pointless and completely unrelated analogy I would have expected. You have no valid argument which is why you are so eager to stop hearing about it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. AlmarsGuides Augur

I have a valid argument. If you think banning a bunch of people that don't agree with you and calling them scum is the morally right thing to do.... Then you're more messed up in the head than the people you're accusing.

No morally good person would ever call for the suffering of hundreds of innocent people just because they disagree with them. That's completely unacceptable. You should feel shameful for saying such a thing.
  10. Adrienna New Member

This I believe is the heart of the issue. Are you against the software or are you against the behavior expressed by a few while using the software? It may seem like a fine line, but I feel it is an important distinction to make. Lots of things in the world can be used for nefarious purposes, but we don't ban all the things (firearms and alcohol come to mind). Instead, we ban the harmful actions that are associated with the things, realizing that much of the associated actions are benign.

edited for a typo
  11. UndeadBob Journeyman

This isn’t a matter of agree or disagree. There are rules and you either abide by or break them.

Same as laws. What should we do with people who murder then? Maybe if we all learn to just... AGREE with them!
  12. Talif Augur

And it seems like this is ultimately the heart of the matter. There are people on multiple sides of this saying they know for certain what the rules are (no third-party at all vs no active third-party vs third-party, but no afk/warping) and these sides are all sure the others are utterly wrong and have no ground to stand on.

In the end, it seems like the only real resolution to this is going to be what Daybreak tells us when they release their 'naughty behavior list' or whatever they're going to call it.
  13. Levy Journeyman

You are 100% correct. This is about the rules and we are playing within those rules. People who use active hacks and warp or afk farm are breaking those rules and get banned. Their rules are vague and they are vague for a reason. DBG provides comments and posts which are their interpretation of those rules (like the supreme court!)

They have responded multiple times about boxing with more vague statements but the heart of it was no AFK game play and active hacking. Seems to me like you just solved the problem as using the program is within the rules as long as you don't do those things. Further proved by the fact GMs ban people who farm afk and warp, and after viewing people using the program not doing those things leave them be with no negative penalties. Thanks for clearing that up!
  14. Intenso Augur

murder is fine if you not afk when you do it
  15. UndeadBob Journeyman

I think if you are brave (or lazy and untalented) enough to roll the dice and use third party software in a way that you think is okay, you should.

I just hope a ban quickly follows. This goes back to my original statement - don’t do it and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Play with fire? Guess what? You might get burnt.
  16. Silinius Augur

My point was... you are trying to make a "moral statement" in a gaming world where morality is subjective.

I'm eager to stop hearing about it because these are the same uninformed arguments rehashed in different ways, over and over and over again. I don't general play on a Truebox server and I don't warp or unattended box so I'm really not too worried about it. I also don't box so that I can have some sort of advantage and I don't use said "software programs" on Truebox servers because it's against the rules. I'm willing to bet that the majority of players who use the actual release version of said "software programs" also don't break the rules either.

Think about it this way. You purchase a car. It's a nice car. It's a nice car and has some "get up and go". It does what you expect it to do.

Your neighbor purchases the same car, but he has other intensions. He adds after-market tires that are illegal. He adds nitro and an ignition switch to the car's fuel system. He adds dark tint to the windows and bullet proof glass and reinforced doors. He then goes and robs a bank.

Should your car get banned and confiscated and should you be arrested because you had the same make/model of the car?

If your answer to that is no, you just proved my point.
    Lordoro likes this.
  17. UndeadBob Journeyman

That would only make sense if the car in question was a tank that neither of you should have had in the first place.

Whatever program you are using, it did not come with the download of EverQuest. I don’t care how many people you guys claim are cheating, there are WAY more people playing the game the way it came when they downloaded it.

You are not entitled. You are not special. Ban them all please DB
    Ghubuk likes this.
  18. Levy Journeyman

I'd like to know where you are getting these statistics as you are just making them up.

However, let's use percentage for example. 25% using vs 75% not. I'd agree that's way more, but do you think a company is going to willing give up 25% of it's revenue?

Even 10-15% would be a big drop in revenue. If maybe the % was 2 or 3% I could see them banning everyone sure, but I don't think that is the case.

Anyway, I'll stop responding to your comments for now since you are set in your beliefs and no one will ever change them, but will touch base with you once the official response comes to see how you feel.
  19. UndeadBob Journeyman

I can only assume you are cheating too with a response like that, and if that is the case: I hope you are banned before there is any opportunity to “touch base”. Perhaps you could check in and tell me how soul crushing it is to lose everything, I’d listen to that part.
  20. Intenso Augur

everything lol its a game ;p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.