Casual players TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Groans, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Groans Augur

Without kronos people couldn't have 50 accounts to solo raid stuff. Limit the krono paid accounts per IP.

Just a thought.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

#Kronosarepeopletoo
  3. jeskola pheerie

I knew krono/ip bans or limitations would be brought up eventually in this thread.

this is not an emulated EQ environment. This is a for-profit company owned by an investor/investment group. Decisions are made to increase profit. Based on these facts, eliminating or restricting krono is in no way realistic. Truebox was a compromise - ip-based filtering is unenforceable with staff and detrimental to the profit margin.
    HoodenShuklak and Nolrog like this.
  4. Groans Augur

Well its thier job to figure things out. For example they could make kronos able to be converted to db cash which I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet because it would keep them valuable and probably sell more. It really doesn't feel like they have their finger on the pulse. I mean I get they like making slow xp servers so they sell more pots. But I only buy pots during bonus xp... I'm sure e they sell tons of them then, so why not more bonus xp events? Its obviously not only about profit
  5. Machentoo Augur

You are thinking about it only from the perspective of Everquest. Everquest is not the only game that uses Krono or DBC. It also isn't their most popular game. Or the most profitable. They aren't going to change the way Krono and DBC work together just for one of their lower revenue games.
  6. TLP Addict Augur

First time I've seen this brought up (not saying nobody hasn't, I don't read every single post) and I'm in agreement.

Grinding on light blues with Coirnav xp rates is teh suk and not very casual friendly at all. Getting to deep dungeon camps is a pain for people that have limited play time, not every group has a mage, and most don't want to be constantly evaccing to collect reps and clear back to camp (with risk of another group moving in).

Smooth out the ZEM's some more, revert to older con system where mobs stay dark blue for longer, maybe increase the solo/duo/trio experience a bit so casuals can make some progress without the hassle of finding/forming a group, then finding a camp, then getting there, only for someone to say they need to go 10 mins later, back to ent to get a rep, rinse repeat.
  7. Flandersian Augur

Petition to change the term "casual" to "softcore".

It's the natural counter to hardcore and it makes me chuckle.
  8. Groans Augur

Holly made that infamous quote saying that "casuals dont deserve raid loot" back when we were vocalizing about them making AOCs so that people that had lives and jobs could do content too. She lost that battle but that's why we say casuals.
  9. jeskola pheerie

It is, though. All decisions are made based on potential profit margin. Xp bonus weekends spike potion sales. If it was made a perma bonus or more frequently those potion sales would drop off.
  10. CelesitneP New Member

I would come back it a server had up to LDON or LOY, 60 level cap and AA's at that time. Would need to be a free server.
  11. snailish Augur

Respectfully:

What value is there to Daybreak in providing you this?

Agnarr is almost what you describe, but you have to subscribe. Lots of people aren't paying a dime to play there, because they understand the economy and use the right amount of their own playtime to pay their way. I myself pay a monthly sub as I get more value out of my playtime not paying my way.
    Thalliius likes this.
  12. Crayon123 Augur

The ultra-filthy casuals server name will be Grummus, just watch.
    HoodenShuklak and Quill like this.
  13. Gremin Augur

Well its a casual server, and casuals dont get to see raids. So no raid targets allowed on the casual server!
  14. TheCleaner New Member

The casual server is where all the krono farmers will be as they will have "weaker" competition. Making the nice camps locked down for the casuals and eventually selling for high krono again...making people agitated and "hard coring" that server too...

I bet the hard core server will turn casual because there wont be a huge market for RL money thru krono farms...and the casual server will be hard core, due too all the tooth free meth heads waiting for a krono fest. They are staring the casual server in the face and seeing little tiny puppies playing on that server to slaughter.

Thank goodness I quit EQ and only read the forums while I poop for something to do. My poop is going fantastically btw~
  15. Quill Augur

Have to admit.. I laughed.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Winning!
  17. Quill Augur

They could just name them Alpha and Beta. You can pretty much infer which is which lol.

Pretty good.... in addition:

No MOTM.
    Free Trade (FV) Loot.

What people don't realize is that Daily Raid Instances with FV Loot would accomplish a couple of things that are very Casual-Friendly.
    • You can raid whatever you want, whenever you want, however much as you want. If you decide to raid 12-14 hours like that other guy did in Velious on Agnarr.. you might ask yourself if you're actually a Casual and why you're on that server? Because Casuals wouldn't. Its like going to McDonalds and having Free Refills. Does this mean people refill their drink 100 times? No. They drink as often as they drink. Having it be Daily Instances doesn't change that much, but it would make the farm team that comes with gear inflation fun as all get out. Which raid mob do you want to kill today? AoW again? Lets go!
    • The single most Casual thing you can do for a Casual Server and really turn off a Hardcore or Krono farmer is absolutely flood the server with loot. This would do that. That, in turn, brings down prices and allows a Casual to gear at any stage for nominal prices. If you make everything rare and scarce, that makes it expensive or take a ton of work to obtain.
    In general... a rule of thumb here is on a Casual Server, levels, gear, and killing should be easier to obtain so it can be done in less time. On a hardcore server, all that becomes harder to obtain as the harder the goal the more obtaining it will stroke hardcore ego.

Honestly, I think they'll go to the hardcore server if done proper. Hardcores gladly pay Krono on the barrel for advantage. Don't pretend like they don't. Casuals tend to stay away from Krono to play the game as intended. Don't pretend like they don't.

Also, if you institute a situation where loot inundates the market(FV + Daily Instances), there is no Krono market for items(i.e. FBSS for X Krono). Why would you ever buy that if it was just raining Sky haste belts?
  18. Machentoo Augur

There might be, if Daybreak set it up. A server capped at LDON ala Agnaar, but free to play. Free to play of course doesn't include the most recent expansions, so FTP players could only progress up to Luclin or LoY zones, and would need to purchase aa unlockers to do AA's at all. If you want to move on to PoP/LDoN, you'd need to pay for a sub (or buy a krono and click it.) Potions, Mounts, etc for sale in the store.

It would potentially be a profitable introduction to the TLP's for new/newly returning players, who might then go on to switch servers and move past POP. It's basically the model they have used for live since going to FTP, and since they are still using that model on live, apparently it is working.

And, we all know it costs them very little to run/maintain a server once it is up, or servers like Fippy would have been terminated years ago.
    snailish likes this.
  19. snailish Augur

^you paint a scenario where there is some $ in it for Daybreak.

To me, the original post read as "give me the ideally set up locked server I want as F2P" which aside from goodwill, does very little for Daybreak.
    Thalliius likes this.
  20. Lankie Augur

What we consider good for casuals, and what DBG consider good for casuals is unfortunately the total opposite.

The quote from DBG lead producer "casual's shouldn't see Nagafan" means that most likely the casual server will be:

• no AOC's
    • no Raid bosses spawning in open world
    • 6 month expansion unlock
    • 10% of live xp rates (casuals shouldn't reach max level)
    • No loot on rare mobs (casual's should get fungi tunics, or FBSS etc)
    A normal person would probably do this:
    • AoC's
    • 3 month unlock
    • 300% xp rate
    • Raid Bosses drop 300% more loot
    • No MOTM / POTM
    • True Box