Revert Innate Melee Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Madroc, Jul 18, 2018.

1. RandomStrategy Augur

2. Madroc Journeyman

Several things I'm noticing in people's feedback here which eludes me to more points.

I play a bard, my damage was never of the "dps" sort but it is still upsetting that I have arguably now the best two weapons I can get, started so see a minor increase and now my dps is reverted to luclin era max hits, 5 levels less. This is also considering too my gear has near tripled in quality. If its as upsetting to me, I cannot imagine pure dps classes and how they feel. Again, if the content was already cleared, why now?

I also see a lot of feedback about GoD+, mindful on Agnarr we are where we are, we don't get GoD so albeit sure, some minor imbalances, the nerf can and has directly impacted a large quantity of players as well as impacted raids. Warriors dps is whatev, but wiz already couldn't even come close to nuking at full potential, now the DPS lost only means less threat making this much harder. So in reality, raid dps as a whole has gone down a sizeable amount.

When you couple this with MoTM, its really nonsensical. I can see the long term gains for other servers or up and coming ones perhaps, but for Agnarr specific where we are locked at the content we are, its a flat nerf. There isn't the next tier, or new aa's/gear to look forward to. You took end-game people and negated their hard work and made those that are approaching end game have a more difficult time.
  3. Recnarp Augur

I don't have an EQ sub, but what are the raw numbers looking like? I see 10% nerf and heard higher percentage. Does it not say what it is now vs what it was before on the AA description?
  4. Kahna Augur

- Agnarr isn't the only TLP.
    - This sort of thing can't really be made server specific. They have explained this in the past.
    - It's an MMO, nerfs/balancing/whatever happens.
    - You will still kill stuff, it wasn't that big a nerf.
    - Your warriors doing less DPS doesn't make them have less aggro. That is not actually how aggro from weapon dmg works. It's based on your weapon and is per swing, a miss generates the same aggro a hit does, and the bonus from AA was never taken into account. Your warriors are still generating the same aggro they did before the nerf.
  5. Rouan Augur

I don't get why they didn't use this to rein in monk dps in classic/kunark/velious/luclin? If everyone else has a 30% bonus and monks didn't then you'd see less monks and more other dps classes.
  6. Machentoo Augur

They just did.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Bard dps was always songs anyways. They got kick too at around vekious and that was a boost. But really, your bard got relatively stronger compared to melee. Your songs stayed the same yet their more numerous melee hits took a hit.

If anything, this change was good for bards who want to "top the parse."
  8. Rouan Augur

They didn't *just* do that though. Everyone's DPS took a hit but casters and they're not addressing why mages (and to a lesser extent necros) underperformed on TLPs.

Furthermore, you want DPS artificially higher in PoP so that 54 can consistently clear Time since LDoN/Gates cuts down raid sizes.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

Balancing is fine... the problem is they don't actually seem to be taking an honest look at the big picture and balancing things overall...

This does little for overall balance, and just ends up pissing people off. Sure lets nerf all melee because monks are doing stupid dps due to a disc they shouldn't have yet (speedforce is the big issue here); but ignore charm being stupid OP and a whole slew of other balance issues (necros being the PRIMARY dot class and literally the reason the dot revamp was started STILL being unfinished really says a lot about DBG as a company and their project management.. or rather apparent complete lack of)

Honestly if you guys want a solid classic feeling experience, give the server "The Grand Creation"* a shot. Its in OOW era right now and feels far closer to the classic EQ experience then live. Especially if you use the underfoot era client. (You can use ROF2 as well, if you'd like a little more modern feel and click from bags)

*note: I am in no way affiliated with that server or project... just throwing it out there as a possible better alternative if DBG keeps messin things up here
  10. Machentoo Augur

This change doesn't challenge that. Time was consistently cleared with ~30 prior to this.
  11. Barathrum Augur

We made it to page 5 guys/gals!!!

ALL THESE EMO TEARS! 10% NERF AND WE HAVE RIOTS IN THE STREETS! WOW THE AMOUNT OF CRYING AND EMO IS REACHING SWAMP OF NO HOPE STATUS!

HONESTLY IF THEY NUKE SPELLS BACK TO CLASSIC AND REMOVE THE AA FOR MELEE.... I SEE ENOUGH EMO TO KNOW MOST OF YOU WOULD NOT PLAY AND THAT BRINGS A SMILE TO MY FACE! KEEP THE EMO GOING LETS GO FOR PAGE 10!
  12. RandomStrategy Augur

Nah, you'd just see 5,000 enchanters. Nobody would get exp because every mob in an exp zone would be an enchanter pet.
  13. Ryak Augur

PoP is right up there with the biggest offenders on the 'DPS trivializes all the encounters' list. The only thing in PoP that wasn't faceroll easy was Rathe Council. So really, i recommend you appreciate them for maybe extending the viability of the server in some negligible way by making the end game encounters you will be stuck with forever slightly less trivial.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

TL(oud);DR
    Risiko likes this.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Scaling back overpowered melee dps is exactly what the game needed for balance. The only possible other thing would be to give casters some innate aa for dots and nukes... but that further trivializes the raid scene.
  16. Groans Augur

You guys saying content is tivialized are absolutely ignoring the fact that you can take less people to make it more challenging.
  17. Machentoo Augur

There is a big difference between self enforced challenges and game enforced challenges. We could also raid naked, but no one is going to do that.
  18. Groans Augur

It's still a solution :)
  19. Simollardes New Member

I would bet there are probably a few people out there who raid naked :eek:
  20. That0neguy Augur

Speak for yourself. We used to do naked raids all the time. Had to keep PoTime farm interesting for 12 months.