Agnarr is the place for new/casual players currently, and probably for a while

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scrax, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Scrax Elder

Sure if you're a TLP veteran Agnarr may look like a dead end, but for new or returning players without a lot of time or knowledge, Agnarr is extremely noob friendly, gear is cheap, buffs are plentiful, you can travel anywhere to group with others quickly, kunark->luclin loot is being given away and frogs are about to come out in an expansion that's good for leveling/twinking alts.

Coirnav might have "high" population, but it's all boxes sitting at King camp/chardok/GEB camp farming, Agnarr has more active guilds than coirnav currently.

Plus if you wanna start fresh I'd get started on Agnarr and wait for the next new one, though new TLPs tend to be very toxic so I don't think they're great for casual/new players.

What other TLP is actually catch upable on? If you're new head to Plane of Knowledge Main bank and ask for help and someone will help you. get started =)
  2. taliefer Augur

not a good sign when you can smell the desperation coming from Agnarr when its not even 3 months in to PoP
    Corwyhn Lionheart and TLP Addict like this.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

We'll see what Coirnav is like when loot starts becoming No-Drop in game.
    Punchu and Jebasiz like this.
  4. Wiff Elder

I have nothing against Coirnav or any other server and don't know about their populations, but the OPs paragraph 1 & 4 are absolutely correct.

I spend a lot of time running around buffing newbs. I never seem to run out of them. There is no desperation there.
  5. Glykus Journeyman

Agnarr is a dead end server and it's already reached it's apex. You won't be raiding classic, kunark, velious or most of luclin on Agnarr, infact you won't be raiding PoP a whole lot either outside of PoTime and the elemental planes.

Eventually, and i mean sooner rather than later, people are going to get tired of raiding the same thing and they'll either quit or move to a different server.

Agnarr is doomed.
  6. Scrax Elder

Actually a lot of people still raid Luclin raids, there's a few guilds that do it.

There's more active raiding guilds on Agnarr than on Coirnav.

Also you won't be raiding classic or Kunark on Coirnav if you start now... You'd be lucky to get into velious in time, and I doubt you'll be raiding Planes either when all the big guilds leave for the next TLP =P

You can be raiding Time within a month on Agnarr.
  7. Fumi-chan Augur

Scrax... Regardless of your intent, you do realize how much you reek of desperation, right? All of your posts are trashing Coirnav and lauding the merits of Agnarr. I know of a few large groups who moved from Agnarr to Coirnav recently so I'm guessing you're trying to stem the bleeding of that.

Maybe see the writing on the wall and realize people didn't roll on Agnarr to do PoTime for years to come. There's really not much to do in PoP outside of PoTime mass farming which gets old quick.
  8. ayoforYayoh Augur

I'm confused. The forum warriors tell me that Agnarr is dead and yet of all the TLP's currently it's the only one i can consistently get group invites.

If you weren't in a day 1 guild then yea... Agnarr really is your best option right now.

If you start fresh on coirnav/phinny right now then make sure you play a solo capable class. get a good phone game to fulfill the hours youll be LFG in the low levels. I personally went with Lineage 2 Revolution
  9. Scrax Elder

Again, Coirnav has less raiding guilds than Agnarr, it's lower population than Agnarr if you don't count the hundreds of boxers are various cash camps.

Coirnav has less than half the raiding guilds for its expansion than Phinny and Agnarr did, tbh Coirnav will die long before Agnarr.

You really think all those boxers are gonna be around in Luclin/PoP when they can no longer make any money since no one plays on the server.

Anywho, I'm saying for casual/new players. Hardcore players would probably better off going to Phinny at this point, or waiting for the next one.
  10. Croak Augur

You do realise there are guilds that haven't bothered adding themselves to any of the competing "kills" sites that are killing current raid targets on Coirnav
  11. Kahna Augur

55 people below max level in the Coirnav LFG window, 5 on Agnarr. You're right, Agnarr is a low level grouper's paradise. And who doesn't want to raid Plane of Time for all of eternity. Join now and you can group up with the 10 folks who make frog alts.
    TLP Addict and Dilf like this.
  12. Croak Augur

Don't forget also that Coirnav has levelling guilds with 300 odd members who likely don't even use the LFG tool.
  13. Kahna Augur

You do realize that boxers farming loot to sell is only about 5% of the population? Right? There are hardly "hundreds of boxers at cash camps". Why wouldn't there be anyone around in Luclin/Pop? Plenty of people will still be playing on the server by then. Even the worst Coirnav naysayers agree that TLPs survive PoP. Even RF and LJ survived PoP with far smaller populations and no AoCs. If you are going to shittalk Coirnav at least be somewhat realistic about it.

Coirnav is actually higher population than Agnarr, according to the EQ main webpage. Unless you are saying the Agnarr has a higher population, it but just isn't logging on enough to get the website to read "max". What is the benefit of a having a higher population if they aren't logging on?
  14. Bolten_DA Augur

You guys understand that the majority of the people are just cycling through different servers at different times. Each hold their own until the end of PoP and then the population gets destroyed by a new server coming out. Ya'll servers are trash. $!@#@ you lock jaw, #!#!@ you ragefire, #@!# you phinny, Coirnav you're cool...IM out
    HappyPanda likes this.
  15. Scrax Elder

Because Agnarr players don't log in their boxes if they aren't raiding, obviously. You don't need to have a full force of boxers to defend your camp on Agnarr, most Agnarr players with boxes don't keep them logged in. You'll frequently have people say "I'll log in my so and so" and the person you're with has 2 or 3 boxes he's not using.

Coirnav isn't higher population in terms of actual players, just that it's still in kunark so there's still a reason to have boxes out in cash camps and what not.
  16. Fumi-chan Augur

How did this Coirnav vs Agnarr crap even start? I've never seen a group of players so offended by others having fun. This argument of "Durrrrr Coirnav has less raiding guilds than Phinny DED SERVR!" is getting old. It's like amateur strawman argument hour here.

The only people who care that Coirnav's population is less than Phinny are the ones flailing around claiming the server is dead. Those of us playing on Coirnav have yet to experience the sky falling.
    Glykus and snailish like this.
  17. Kahna Augur

Or, there are more people actively playing and leveling on Coirnav, while people just PL their 4th alt up to max level in a week on Agnarr, then only log on for their weekly time raid. See, I can make up stuff that sounds bad about servers I don't play on too.
  18. That0neguy Augur

I love how you have to insult another server to try and prop yours up. Real classy and shows the desperation of needing to get people on Agnarr for it to survive.
  19. Krezzy Augur

The level of animus on this forum toward Agnarr and Coirnav servers is disappointing. It's like hearing people talking smack at a dog show.

If anyone at this forum is still making up their mind about playing on either server, just roll up a toon and try it out. Anyone posting about servers dying or posters being desperate has an agenda that does not include you having fun.
    snailish likes this.
  20. CaptainSkeet Augur

Agnarr is fun. Still getting new peeps coming in, which is cool.

I played on Phinny, lost interest GoD and further. PoP locked seemed to be a logical choice. So I’m here.

Didn’t really want to start over again on the early game. Had my fill of slow exp on Phinny. So I didn’t go to Coirnav.

Coirnav is fine. Agnarr is fine. Phinny is fine. Lockjaw and Ragefire are doing their own thing. Let’s play some EQ where we want to.