Gnome beastlord

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by plobb, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Yimin Augur

Gnomes pet option , albino rats , gelatinous cube , any bugs would do for a Gnome Bst , Burynai , Well anything small and nasty , I mean everyone knows you dont mess with a honey bager :)

We are the Gnome. Lower your shields and surrender your weapons . We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

YiMin
    Fanra, Thesehips and Boze like this.
  2. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I play a barbarian shaman and I was disappointed when the barbarian beastlords were given wolves as warders. I wanted a woolly mammoth instead or maybe one of those giant white spiders that roam around Everfrost.
    Thesehips, Dewey and Yimin like this.
  3. Mediik Augur

Whatever it takes to get more Beastlords to play.

Let’s face it we all know what it will take...
  4. Denial_Sinfae Augur

That distinction is something you made up for the class.

Lore wise wouldn't the important thing be what distinction a crazy gnome cooped up in their workshop far too long with an unhealthy love for their creation would do?

As far as learning the magic and abilities, none of them are racially learned. Those things are clearly outlined. Lore wise all it would take is them studying those arts instead of others.
    Boze, Yimin and plobb like this.
  5. Denial_Sinfae Augur

You being whoever actually made the distinction! Not necessarily YOU you.
    plobb likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

Ooo, new tribe of Feral Gnomes springs up in Lesser Faydark! Bertoxx-aligned druids and beastlords! Racial Forage instead of Tinkering! With nasty, sharp, pointy teeth!
    Boze and plobb like this.
  7. plobb Elder

Couldn't have put this better
    Yimin and Boze like this.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

I would so play a Goblin.
  9. ForumBoss Augur

10. Yimin Augur

Goblin pet for the Gnome :D

YiMin
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

Requirements were mentioned above, it has to be a non-sentient animal.
  12. Khassik New Member

I agree, when you say the Woodelf with a treant pet was weird, Your right about that and I believe everyone feels that way. Some players made a few of them when it first came out, "Including myself," but now you don't see them anywhere. Probably because "they're weird". Since Luclin I've been a big Beastlord enthusiast. I wanted to test out the wood-elf Bst even though I Already have a a Beastlord Main, and other Bsts. Unfortunatly the Woodbst didn't Last long.. I Think the players that kept theirs always use Illusions because they are kinda awful. Now a (GNOME BEASTLORD with a CLOCKWORK PET,) that sounds Like FUN and it will open up a world of possibilities. DEVs can add all kinds of tinkering things that the gnome could use to improve and maintain their pets. "but it may cause some conflict with balancing to where the Devs will have to make it so every beastlord race gets their own unique things to improve and maintain their pets, then Mages will start crying etc. So it might have to be its own engineer type class. The next new class in EQ. id rather it stay beastlord and just implement it in that way but it would have to be planned out carefully over a good amount of time to make it work well without people saying it screwed up the game Blah Blah Blah! So maybe just bring it in softly like this. = )

{{{ FIRST --- You need to make tinkering popular again, and in a way that appeals to all pet classes.
    IE: Mech armors the pets can wear that have different abilities and effects. Probably add something I have personally wanted since forever like a (((PET INVENTORY WINDOW))) for gosh sake! and make it for all pets and pet classes so no one cries when the gnome beastlord with thier Tech pet arrives.
    SECOND --- Build on that feature for 1 year so you work out the kinks and the players get use to it, keeping in mind that when u give a new tinkering tech to Bsts throw the non pet classes something useful too.
    THIRD --- once you've established those things to a point that seems balanced, Then you can Introduce the Gnome Beast! Hurray!
    FOURTH --- Most important, do all this without making Huge overpowering changes that take over the game. Its possible to do just Devs just don`t get to carried away. there is a lot of financial gains to be made with this idea as well if looking at it in that light makes it the whole idea easier to swallow. i think a few die hard EQ enthusiast developers putting in some overtime could bust this stuff out in a few months. One can only dream.
  13. Thesehips Journeyman

The gnome bst with a clock pet does soun fun, but I've always thought a Frog bst would be cool. Give em a little tadpole that grows into a little froglock model from Upper / lower guk.
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

NO NO NO people...

*drum roll*

GNOME MONK

Make it happen dudez. And the death animation would be falling over sideways into a cured fetal position.
    Thesehips likes this.
  15. Jyve Augur

Dark Elf Beastlord that has a Gnome for a pet.
    Yinla and Thraine like this.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Since when are treants considered animals
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

Gnomes could have a Dodo warder :). Or a stork.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think the devs should add Gnome Beastlords, Dark Elf Rangers, and Iksar Berserker (Class Combo finalists) as part of EQ’s 20th Anniversary celebrations.
  19. Thraine Augur

i think jyve wins lol
  20. lolly Elder

Mech spiders are not beasts? hmm OK - then lets call them Mechlords instead of Beastlords and let them have at it !