monthly downtime

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TLPman, Jul 17, 2018.

1. TLPman Augur

so who wants to put some plat down on the table that the down time is longer then 6 hours? lmao
  2. complexication Kassina

If it is, then fine.
    if it isn't, then fine.

Literally not the end of the world if the downtime is longer than the estimated 6 hours.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Thesehips like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

But..but...but...I can't live without EQ and if it runs long I get shaky, my heartbeat races, and...

/em slaps self and returns to reality.
    KermitMadMan likes this.
  4. Treiln Augur

Should have learned to make plans that involve the dreaded “outside” on these days ;)

Myself, I’ll be trying my luck at the lake with a fishing rod. Bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work :)
    KermitMadMan likes this.
  5. Ranor Lorekeeper

The true question should be will they actually beat the 15 hours from last months patch and the 12 hours for the two or three previous monthly patches before that. My guess and heart tells me 12 hours sounds about right on a scheduled six hour patch. So if I was a betting man I would definitely put my money on the over. (We should also be getting 31 day memberships instead of the 30 days we pay for especially since we've been losing a whole day of game time these last several months.)
  6. slayerofbats Augur

I predict a 25 hour patch that breaks many things.
  7. Elskidor Augur

I predict forum play will be high population today. Most comments will be about either wanting a 25 cent refund or going outside in the miserable heat. Servers will return long after most give up on waiting.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

I predict a double digit hour patch, followed by a mult-hour patch tonight to fix what they broke, followed up by a patch within the week to nerf the changes to ranger HS, making the ability utterly useless.
  9. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

I canceled my all access account after the last one, with a pointed note to DB in response to their request for insight on my decision. It basically said, "I'm tired of paying premium for a game that has long since deteriorated from premium on many levels."

That said, you'll note I'm still here, and actually came back to re-up when I got within a day and that ol' anxiety set in. (What will I play? There's nothing else I like.)

So I suppose you could say I'm a sucker, just like you (if you're posting here and have anything other than whatever means "free player" under your icon).

Or you could just say I'm one of those ever-dwindling customers (albeit slowly, painfully, and with as much emotional baggage as any RL relationship) who have always, truly, deeply, passionately LOVED this game, but only seem to experience anxiety, anger, frustration, and loss for it.

Mind you, I'm not talking about game-play in that preceding paragraph. I'm talking about the relationship with the game company, regardless who "owns" them at any given minute in this decades long history.

And issues like consistently blowing the update window are just one, small example of a much larger universe in which every manner of disregard for me as a customer has been made so very, very clear in the policies and practices of those companies. This company, too.

Turns out I can forgive every insult and all of this time so long as they actually, CONSISTENTLY make that update window.

Or, in other words, sure, Holmes, I'll be your addict. But this means you got that FIX just sitting there idle, waiting for me to pick it up.

And lately.... they don't.

So I extended one more quarter, just to see if turning in that feedback did a damn thing other than waste my time. If I see improvement in the period, I'll keep going.

If not, finally, I think I'm done. Not because of any of those preceding reasons, but because I think I deserve better than this from ANY relationship and I'm just not willing to keep loving the abusive other... I'm OOM at last.
    Lorai likes this.
  10. moogs Augur

I allowed my main account's subscription to lapse yesterday. (Not that anyone cares.) It would be nice to see Daybreak pick up their communications game by sending out more realistic downtime estimates and using proper channels of communication (not Facebook, thanks). They could improve their credibility by extending their estimate from 6 hours to 12+ and then over delivering if they manage to complete the patching process within their self-imposed window. Having the developers and the community relations people all go home at the end of the day and picking up the pieces in the morning is fine with me, but try to be upfront about it. Don't leave the customers hanging all night without any real information.
    slayerofbats likes this.
  11. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

I wanted to be the first to come here and say two things:

1. Well done and thank you, Daybreak, for an EARLY return!!

2. Thank you especially for the changes to banestrike; I was always annoyed because I **wanted** to use it, but didn't want to make YET ANOTHER hotkey bank to have to add to operation load.

That is all. ;)
    KermitMadMan likes this.
  12. slayerofbats Augur

Yeah they did well this time. I like the tweaks too.
  13. TLPman Augur

well that was fun while it lasted im guessing 4-5 hours down now lol
  14. KermitMadMan Journeyman

Devs, take all the time you need. It's an old game and we can ALL see that you have been doing a lot of work correcting things. I love this game and appreciate your work getting some very old code to work. I have been playing for years, and the game is more stable than it has been in a long time. Heck, look at Amazon and their Prime day issues...
    Arog likes this.