Test Update 7/10/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 10, 2018.

1. menown Augur

2. ShadowMan Augur

Yeah if banestrike no longer breaks root it should fire from dot casts as well.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Even if Banestrike doesn't break root, you still removed an ability for healers and anybody else who is not spamming DPS.
  4. Prathun Developer

Under the hood, the logic is that at least 6 people OR everyone in the zone need to be in the room to trigger the raid. If a solo player wishes to solo the raid, that will work, now and forever.
  5. Prathun Developer

This was fixed Tuesday morning, but not in time for the Tuesday Test update.
    Today's Test update has items that don't poof on zone. Please give the event a look!
    Nniki likes this.
  6. WonderBard New Member

I think monks are thankful for it being improved but there is still quite a bit to be desired from this AA.
    For comparison sake:

[51046/40906] Rampage V
    Classes: WAR/254 BER/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Rampage (1)
    2: Rampage (1)
    3: Rampage (1)
    4: Rampage (1)
    5: Rampage (1)
    This ability, when activated, allows you to strike everything in a 40 foot radius with five primary hand combat rounds.

This ability cost's no endurance, has no limitation on the number of targets, is three minute reuse, costs 106 AA to max and has no limitation on the damage done. Even on a single target despite not being 60s duration it still exceeds Ton Po with all its current limitations.

[51229/51220] Ton Po's Stance X
    Classes: MNK/254
    Skill: Melee
    Endurance: 0, Upkeep: 600 per tick
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks) Song, Dispelable: No
    2: Increase Chance to Repeat Primary Hand Round by 20% with 50% Damage
    This ability, when activated, causes 20% of your primary hand combat rounds to strike your current target with an additional primary hand combat round that deals 50% of your standard melee damage at the cost of 600 endurance per second for 1 minute.
    This ability cost's 6,000 endurance, is limited to primary target only, is five minute reuse, costs 1350 AA to max and has a limit of 50% of the damage done. While also having the restriction of a 20% proc rate.

These classes are not the same and their AA don't have to lineup just because they are similar however the AA lines could be brought in line to be at least in the same galaxy. Like Ton Po being a 50% chance to repeat primary round at 90 or 100% damage on primary target every 5 minutes. This on average would be an extra 25 rounds on a single target at 90 or 100% damage every 5 minutes at that AA and endurance cost. Putting them much closer in relative value.
  7. Riou EQResource

It costs 36,000 Endurance over the 1 minute, not 6,000
  8. WonderBard New Member

I haven't really tested the upkeep but I was going by the spell data info of 600 upkeep per tick. Not the description. If it is 36,000 endurance over a minute , 600 end per second, and costs 12 times the AA to max, it should be 100% chance to repeat primary round at 200% primary round damage for 60 seconds.

Otherwise thats just insane. That is 5 or 6 casts of a zerkers dicho for 1/40 the damage return.
    Ssdar, DaciksBB, Riou and 1 other person like this.
  9. DaciksBB Augur

Yep, a seventh of your endurance pool for 1 minute of a 10% increase to our auto attack (which I think is about a 3%-7% increase in damage depending on the disc), definitely very niche and not very great
  10. Thrillho Augur

Very niche is right. If this only impacts standard melee damage (ie - not amplified by discs / dicho / etc.), the only thing that will increase the damage it does compared to running it with just autoattack would be one that increases the number of hits - Speed Focus. As far as I'm aware, this doesn't stack with (focused) destructive force either. A lot of monks use F/DF with SF, but if you want to maximize DPS you'd need to use F/DF with Terrorpalm instead and Ton Po with SF. I'd rather see this change into a new disc to replace Speed Focus.

The endurance cost is huge - 36k? Is that correct? Has someone tested it? I don't mind burning through that much, as long as it's worth it. This seems to be failing on its delivery though, as it did when it was first introduced. A 6k endurance cost wouldn't be so bad. Or a 10x increase to the increase introduced here.

Seems harmful to use if you're not doing anything about endurance. Fortunately, the change to swift tails' chant will help a lot.
  11. DaciksBB Augur

I think it does get amplified by discs that effect auto attack damage (Terrorpalm, IoT, Speed Focus, Eye of the Storm, Dichotomic Form) but only the auto attack damage-more specifically the damage coming from your primary hand excluding procs. Discs such as Heel and Ironfist do not benefit at all from it, I'm not sure how it interacts with Tiger's Poise but I doubt it benefits at all from it.

It indeed does not stack with Focused Destructive Force since it basically effects the same mod as Focused Destructive Force at a lesser extent. I'm not sure about the AoE version of Destructive Force, I've never tested the stacking there but I imagine that it will be the case.

The cost is indeed 36k. The cost imo should be closer to 6-9k to make it more worth using, or increase the mods further and revert the cost to 18k.
  12. bitd New Member

It's unbelievable.
    Instead of improving the situation, you're gonna make it even worse.
    Currently we knew where it would spawn and by figuring out the time and chainclicking for minutes, risking a typewriters cramp, we were actually able to beat the autoclickers sometimes.
    So now you are gonna make the location random so we wont have any chance against those that use [not to be mentioned 3rd party tool].
    Just sad.
  13. bitd New Member

Or am i missunderstanding it and there will be multiples at the same time?
  14. Piznut Angry Gnome

So somewhere, in all the unbalance in this game...you thought along the way somewhere that rogues and other melee classes were too powerful on lower levels (TLPs), and not only that....but that monks needed to have some other stuff buffed...as if they weren't already incredibly more powerful and useful.

Have you guys ever actually played on a TLP and seen how gimped rogues are?

The ONLY utility and worth that rogues have on TLPs is DPS; which is almost ALWAYS beaten by a monk and many other classes....and now you thought that was too much?
    Lockpicking? Nope, Bards can do it.
    Corpse runs after raids? Almost anyone can do it better (not even really necessary anymore)
    Group functionality? Nope
    Solo ability? Heheh

Please tell me what your purpose for this nerf is for TLPs? Because those are the only servers that this nerf is truly affecting.
  15. DaciksBB Augur

Where were TLP monks buffed in this patch?
  16. Piznut Angry Gnome

I apologize, they buffed a few monk abilities; but not on TLP.
  17. Piznut Angry Gnome

It's more of a general befuddlement that I play a rogue on Coirnav. Suffered through being the bottom DPS and scraping by for groups through classic. Got my epic and bust my rump in Kunark to pull off top 5 dps on raids, with essentially BIS gear, yet somehow now melee needs to be nerfed?

It's not only a nerf to melee, it's going to slow down the killing of any raid mob. Not that this old stuff is challenging or super relevant...but when you do an across the board nerf to dps, there are usually problems that arise that i'm sure DBG's B team hasn't thought of yet.
  18. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

I created a Gnome specificly to do Tinkering tradeskills, had Tinkering Master 3, and am looking to purchase Tinkering Mastery 4-13 and raise tinkering skill to 350, but Tinkering Mastery isn't even listed in my Alternate Advancement window.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is a quest that needs to be done in order to get tinkering mastery since it is based on race and not class or archetype
  20. CrazyLarth Augur