Can't get past server select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ketchupmonster, Jul 12, 2018.

1. ketchupmonster New Member

I 3 box on 3 computers. One day the third computer was acting funny (looked like video issues), so i rebooted it. After rebooting, I am no longer able to log in to EQ on that computer with any account on any server. I get to server select, click a server, and click play and I always get the error "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server". I have disabled Windows firewall, updated BIOS, disabled any kind of CPU overclocking I could find in the BIOS, updated all drivers for all devices, but I am still stuck at the same spot.

This error is extremely generic and apparently can mean a lot of things, but this computer went from working fine to not working at all for seemingly no reason. Anyone have experience with this?
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

windows patch update?
  3. bitefiends Elder

HI there

I am currently having this issue and have had it previously, Windows 10 did update and could be the issue
  4. Roxxlyy Augur

We haven't patched anything on our end, and I haven't seen this issue pop up on a larger scale at all. Like others have said, it's very likely to be an issue with the latest Windows update as those updates generally cause issues for gamers across the board. When this happens to me personally, I typically just roll back the update and hold off until the next one comes out.
  5. ketchupmonster New Member

So, my fix was steam was no longer running as administrator. Making sure steam (or everquest in general) ran as admin ended up being the problem. :confused: