Nec/Sk Dot Revamps

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Nekk, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Siddar Augur

Well thanks for the nerf Scornfire!
  2. ShadowMan Augur

Think this has been said a thousand times already but the revamps were are happening regardless of how people feel about it. And I am sure it won't be don't properly at first or in a manner that doesn't upset. But some of us are trying to limit the bad so its handled as best as it can be.

However the air of some others is hilarious as if they have some secret that no one else does and see the game differently. When in fact they are using very suspect methods and seem to think its a reasonable baseline to measure from. I get double IoG so I think I am amazing. I banner in from GGH with burn clicked earlier for double burns so I think I am amazing. I know a trick that wasn't intended so let me mention it here so people think I am amazing but will end up fixed.

Suspect methods being used as acceptable are not a baseline to be used for the class regardless of you being ok doing it to look cool. Enjoy your spolits but please don't pretend your in the clouds above the rest because of it.
  3. Ibudin Augur

Wow that came out of left field, not sure what thread you've been reading but its not the necro dot revamp thread. Majority of the conversation was around the necro group game, not maximizing your raid dps..and by the way zoning in with previous burns running is no new concept lol....been around since ...well guild halls came into the game.
  4. Sancus Augur

Banner burning has always been a thing, but it speaks to the sad state of top tier raiding in EQ that guilds actually have enough time between events to do it. I'm lucky if my burns have repopped before the next event...

Neither that nor weird ADPS setups should really be used as a baseline for balance. They're still useful data points, but saying "I do X DPS on Y event so Class Z is fine" without mentioning things like that is a bit disingenuous IMO.
    ShadowMan likes this.
  5. Lazipuppy Journeyman

Yeah, let's keep talking about banner burning :)
  6. ShadowMan Augur

Going to assume this is directed at me if not please disregard.

The necro dot thread is about necro dots which apply to both groups and raids. This thread also ties directly and indirectly into a bunch of other threads, whose conversations have spilled over. A few times now in other threads and in the post about flesh to poison above scorn or someone talking about scorn have basically said what amounts to play better relating to others desires to know when revamps are coming. One quote was something like if you saw his parses it would make others cry. I was merely pointing out how playing better or making others cry in most of those cases relates to doing something that isn't intended or far from the norm. In addition to being a solid player. Yet its being passed off a serious means to playing better as if its a base measure for tuning verse others who are not, don't or can't resort to such things and still are close.

Specifically:
    • We all know the flesh to poison trick is not intended. But its being presented as a suggestion to help others play better and everything is fine for short duration group or trash mobs.
    • The next protip I am expecting that relates to this is having another class in the group keep up a nice nuke buff 100% of the time by doing this not intended thing so each proc hits for more and criticals more often.
    • We all know that getting IoG back to back on the necro group is not normal. It was played off as a normal baseline in another thread saying look everything is fine play better based on raid parses. Relating to others concerns and performances due to buff block concerns.
    • Some classes banner burning while around for awhile is not the norm. And we all know it wasn't exactly intended or it would work for every classes tools. But its played off as normal in other threads. He specifically never admitted he was doing that for some of the numbers he and others were boasting about. But I know first hand many in that guild regularly did this and I say did because I haven't first hand seen or been told about it in a month or two so don't want to speculate. But odds are parses that make others cry are utilizing it to some degree as if its a normal look what I can do thing so no need for reducing necro dot casting bloat.
    TL;DR A necro dot thread relates to necro dots in all areas of the game. Conversations in this thread and others about playing better by methods that are not normal to me need to be pointed out when telling others about the relevance of still asking about necro dot revamps. Most of us agree that odds are bad necros will get better and bleeding edge necros will probably lose a step because of them. But dot bloat is a very real issue as is necro dps in some settings related to other dps classes who now freely carry their dps levels out to extreme duration's. So we don't need what most consider borderline shady or unintended tips being played off a the norm or baseline of whats possible as a reason for others to stop talking about necro dot revamps.
  7. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Wait, where has that been explicitly stated (I actually haven't seen)? Either way, there's always been stuff that wasn't "Intended", did you not use RB to heal your group off DoT/DD casts all those years? Anyway, even with just FTV, a geared pet and some effort, Necro DPS is pretty good in groups, comparable to zerkers? No, But zerkers can't solo the Majority of current content Named. We don't need to be elite tier in every category.

That was a pretty specific, and hyperbolic, example on Jet's part (I sincerely doubt anyone would cry seeing my parses), but to answer you, no, I didn't banner burn, and don't 99% of the time (I have done it before just to blow up the Skyfire waves haha). We have 4 Active chanters, so it happens sometimes (Sorry to sploit?), granted I still win most of the parses with just 1 chanty and no bard, hence the (somewhat condescending) comments.

I don't personally see any need for boosts in terms of the class itself, but I don't speak for everyone, and it's been a long time since I was anything other than raid gear/max AA so my perspective is clearly skewed. That said, a debuff limit increase has been a long time coming

Sorry if I'm being somewhat dickish, I can certainly see that being the case. I just find the whole revamp "need" disingenuous and don't want to see the playstyle of the class altered, all the work it takes is the draw.
  8. Sancus Augur

- Added a message and chat filter when you or others take damage from auras.

Hooray for Necro parses?
    Scornfire and kizant like this.
  9. Venau Augur

Awsum! Now lets make it so this aura only works on mobs outside of raids.

Might as well take care of the Flesh exploit too. Return everything to "the should" so we have a realistic baseline to work with just in case we get some revamp love.
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

Will have to see but I still don't see how it will accurately report or be tracked unless the aura is named after its caster. Otherwise if 3 generic aura's are up at once even if the damage now visibly reports how do you determine whose aura did what or had a resist.
  11. Sancus Augur

It attributes the damage to you with the exact same syntax as a DoT (I think?):

[Tue Jul 10 19:43:01 2018] A toxic orbweaver has taken 106403 damage from your Decay Effect II.
    Scornfire likes this.
  12. mmats Augur

There goes my secret to powerleveling
  13. Lazipuppy Journeyman

I like that you specifically stated that you are raid-geared and don't speak for everyone. I don't think we need to be comparable to zerk or wizzy. I'm just wondering how many group-geared necro can solo the majority of RoS Named? How good they need to be to be able to do so? Is this still a category we are good at?
  14. kizant Augur

I really don't think you want to be comparable to Wizards when it comes to soloing RoS named lol.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  15. ~Mills~ Augur

So RIP sphere! August patch will limit it to 2 targets and reduce its damage by 75%.
    Spellfire and Scornfire like this.
  16. Lazipuppy Journeyman

Yeah, I am pretty sure I can't solo any RoS named with my wizzy or zerk, but I think my necro won't go very far either.(I think necro need help from healer merc, with healer merc, some weaker named are doable.)
    kizant likes this.
  17. Venau Augur

Half a month of glory parsing is worth it though. Right guys? Riiiiiight?........Errrrr.......Hrmmm.........Uuuhhhh.........Maybe Not?

LOL!!
  18. xaga Elder

the ideas of quick damage are great if you are not on TLP....
  19. Brohg Augur

Another full miss in August patch notes. Literally 0 acknowledgement of the necromancer class since EoK beta :p
    Azorin likes this.
  20. Jaylin Augur

Seems about right.. In EoK beta they said after expansion launched they would go back and look at them. So The first 4 months was them fixing problems and balancing the stuff they didnt bother balancing. That brought us until April/may. But they had to work on the summer stuff with the trakanon raid and sebilis. So that brought us to June. But they were now working on the next expansion, and had to do their internal stuff. Then beta. Then beta testing on the live servers because they didnt make sure it worked in beta. They then had to fix the dots for the classes that instead of increasing it by x percent, increased it by the borked numbers. So that brought us till summer again. But not they are workin on the next expansion. So i guess when they stop making expansions they will have time.... lol
    menown likes this.