New TLP FV Ruleset Server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kilo, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Kilo New Member

Can someone please make this happen it would easily be the highest populated server the moment u announced it. Please hear the peoples cry Daybreak developers
  2. Celatus Augur

no thanks
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Its really the low hanging fruit at this point. Although i guess agnarr 2.0 would be lower... like on the ground, half rotten to be sure.
  4. snailish Augur

We could use a Quarm event server any time now.

We don't need another progression server for at least 8 months... need to wind down (i.e., let some of them naturally run their course) some of the existing first.*

*Fippy should be put on auto unlocks though, so it catches live.
    Brunlin and HoodenShuklak like this.
  5. Wiff Elder

I think the TLP thing is about played out. I'm sick of starting over in classic. But if you open it with Kunark or Velious it will get to GoD/OoW and become a raid-only server even faster.

I'm maxxing out several toons on Agnarr until "something" else comes out that is worthy to replace EQ.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

Definitely support all trade loot server; TLP is tired out and it needs something like that to breathe new life. Wouldn't hurt to have 3 month no voting unlocks and 200% base exp too.The very idea should be to get to GoD/OoW and far beyond with people still playing. Classic to PoP have been done to point of nausea.

Pantheon is the only thing even in development that possibly could replace EQ that I know of. A lot of people are skeptical, but if it doesn't turn out well, it means there's no other hope on the horizon.
  7. Wiff Elder

Yeah, I was just being polite and not mentioning it by name.
  8. Lantherion Elder

Yeah you say this because you know the next TLP server will kill coirnav.
  9. Krezzy Augur

I wonder how many of the "New Player" accounts creating these threads share the same IP address.
  10. snailish Augur

I don't think we need similar rulesets every year as they all hurt each other being long term robust. Nor do we need 4+ progression running at the same time. Agnarr is a funny thing unto itself so let's mostly ignore it:

Phinny type ruleset works (I'd like it with faster XP, but as long as it isn't slower we know people like it. Free trade loot wrinkle could be added for the next one or not, otherwise nothing to tweak really.) BUT, a cycle of Phinny progression servers should be letting Phinny get to about TSS before starting the next one, or at least every second year. So maybe you get 3 of these running with some slight overlap before the oldest one catches live but mostly you would have 2 running at the same time 2 years apart in era.

We're ignoring Agnarr which is a perpetual lock until/unless it becomes unviable.

I think there is room for one more progression server that compliments the Phinny-rules cycle: racing unlock. This is Combine/Sleeper 2.0 in which you beat content to push the unlocks. Wouldn't get AoC, load balancing and such because it is the vs. racing server. Probably needs some rewards for beating an era first and once it catches live a big reward then it folds into a current live server. Then the next racing server starts.

Anything else you take care of with a Quarm event. Depending on the event would decide where the characters dump (example, right now Fippy could be a valid dump spot, as could Agnarr, Lockjaw, Zek, Brekt or whatever makes sense).
  11. Machentoo Augur

I think it would make a whole lot of sense to see how far a single Phinny style server can go and maintain population before starting a whole cycle of them. But I guess that ship has already sailed.
    MaestroM and snailish like this.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Double or triple live exp rates, perma-double or triple rare mobs, nothing takes longer than 24 hours to respawn.
  13. snailish Augur

I agree with all of this ^

That would be a situation of Agnarr, a complete Phinny cycle and a complete Racing (Combine/Sleeper) cycle & whatever they do with Quarm events which at times could be progression-like.

But the "ship sailing" part is important, my earlier post is the compromise of trying to get them to cool down and stop doing a new progression server every year or less and not have more than 4-5 active at a time. Right now, we'll end up with 7-8 of them by the end of 2019 at the rate they are launching vs. completing (i.e., Fippy is stalled but like Vulak being allowed to just stagnate).
  14. Numiko Augur

To me Fippy show you that must cost almost nothing these days to keep a EQ server open. It has to be making them pretty well zero dollars in revenue.
  15. Ambee Elder

Considering krono sales would go through the roof with FV rules, I imagine we'll see one at some point
  16. Lantherion Elder

they will never do an fv tlp server because it would be the most popular one and people wouldn't be rerolling every time a new one launched which cuts into daybreaks profit.
  17. Bankheadd New Member

The historical precedent is to let it rot for several years first!
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Coirnav is proof in the pudding that dbg has no real longterm vision for eq tlp.
  19. Machentoo Augur

And the exact same has been said about every single TLP since Ragefire appeared on the scene. No one is offended until their own server gets undercut.