Test Update 7/10/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Boze TLP complaint factory

There's been a bunch of forum-questing about how trivial TLP content is now as well as how irrelevant caster DPS is vs. melee. For live, folks have been complaining about things like the difficulty of RoS group content if you're not raid geared. I'm guessing this is meant to address those complaints? Not gonna be good for us smaller TLP guilds.
  2. Sancus Augur

I think these are the relevant dbstr changes. I tried to match the class based on the previous %:

ID: 31094^4 - Monk
    This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 72%.^0
    This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 90%.^0

ID: 31095^4 - Warrior and Paladin
    This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 66%.^0
    This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 80%.^0

ID: 31096^4 - Ranger and Bard
    This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 68%.^0
    This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 80%.^0

ID: 31097^4 - Rogue and Beastlord
    This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 76%.^0
    This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 90%.^0

ID: 31098^4 - Shadowknight
    This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 100%.^0
    This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 110%.^0

ID: 31100^4 - Berserker
    This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 84%.^0
    This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 95%.^0

It's not huge, but I think it's a nice change (at max level, TLPs are another thing). Some of these classes could definitely use the bump.
    Gnomeland likes this.
  3. kizant Augur

It also looks like Oozes take an additional 15% more damage from cold than they did previously. Vault can't get much easier at this point.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hopefully Marcia is not carrying Mask of Tinkering, Sorrowsong Boots, or Oakwynd. I am definitely saddened by the drop in interest to Sceptre of Destruction, Salindrite Dagger, and Manastone since Marcia came out.

I am hopeful that it is merely old PoM Cards/loot, Marauder's Mire, or old Timorous revamp loot.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

With Berserker Blood Sustenance able to proc off ae hits and now no hit limit counter, isn't that going to be far too powerful?
  6. Bigfan Augur

Well being as it's near impossible to go through 500 in 24 sec, I don't think it'll matter.
    Ghubuk likes this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

"All - Banestrike has been changed to a passive ability that triggers off of melee attacks, ranged attacks, and direct-spell damage."

Thank you.
    Fanra, eqgamer and Risiko like this.
  8. Hamnolia New Member

This is an awful change for my playstyle (Monk).

Banestrike is my go to taunt ability as it's quick reuse, decently high aggro (enough to pull an add off someone / take over aggro generally) and quick target switching time.

In a group and an add is on a squishy? Banestrike it off them and tank it until the real tank picks it up.
    Group's tank just died? Banestrike to secure aggro and then tank the mob while the group recovers.
    Moloing and you get an extra add or two on the merc and the merc won't survive tanking them? Banestrike to the rescue.
    Doing a hard mob which will kill you in the next melee round before the merc's heal lands? Feign death, wait for the heal and then try and get aggro on the mob before it can kill the merc. Thankfully trusty old Banestrike is there again.

Trading off massive utility for a few extra DPS doesn't make sense to me.

To the Devs, please add a quick reuse, ranged, instant casting, high aggro AA for monks either as a freebie or in the next expansion. Thank you.
  9. Prathun Developer

Yes, actually. The oozes run the same scripts in both raids.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Quatr Augur

You may want to rephrase this sentence before you push the patch to the live servers. Not all of us passed Advanced Middle School English, you know!
    Prathun likes this.
  11. Prathun Developer

Oh that wasn't in the notes yet! There were a few tickets' notes missing - added them.
    Yinla and kizant like this.
  12. Randragon Augur

All - Banestrike has been changed to a passive ability that triggers off of melee attacks, ranged attacks, and direct-spell damage.
    - All - Consolidated ranks 1-3 of Hastened Banestrike to be ranks 2-4 of Banestrike.

Question: Will changing Banestrike from triggered to passive screw up the root and shoot type people?
  13. Boyboi Elder

Why is there no fix for Defenders of the Faith? It's stopping me from getting my Relife :-(
  14. WorriedinNorrath Elder

Drop in interest? Drop in what people are willing to spend to acquire them is more like it. I think it’s great some items are not held hostage to a select few anymore.
  15. Lheo Augur

So Ranger normal HS damage will be lower but CAN critical for more damage?
    (and the more meleedamage was a tippo? ) because meleedamg has noting to do with RANGEdamage HS...)

Ranger - Reduced the base damage of all ranks of Headshot and increased the maximum melee damage cap from 750k to 6m. This should result in critical Headshot attacks dealing significantly more damage than before.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is it still going to be possible to destroy Augs with Augmentation Solvent ?
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I mean... while we are fixing TSS raid events.

During the second phase of Hearol the Tactician in Frostcrypt 1. The raid continually is split into 4 quadrants of the room and forced to break down destructible ice walls to get to the quadrant with the boss. Each time you are split up (every 25% or so), several mobs spawn in each quadrant.

The issue is these mobs have a small aggro radius so you can just avoid aggroing them entirely by sticking to the center of the room. I would assume the design intent of this raid is to force each portion of your raid that gets split up to fight these mobs every time you are swapped. Otherwise I don’t really understand why you would have them continually spawning unless they are designed to be a “fail if you run away from the center” mechanic?
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Also Sothgar will regularly bug and not go active during certain parts of his fight. Particularly the first deactivation period around 75%.
    Boze likes this.
  19. Baldur Augur

It shouldn't, if you read the patch notes it says it fires off melee attacks, ranged attacks, and direct damage spells. If you are no damage tanking then you aren't doing any of that so it won't fire.
  20. Baldur Augur

Your "playstyle" is having taunt on your monk, which I'm guessing wasn't their intent when they did banestrike and probably one of the reasons they are changing it to a passive.