Coirnav is dead for new players

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kronotowin, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Kronotowin Elder

Don't bother resubscribing like I did. Amazing how this forum ignores the facts. The commons tunnel is empty. Only high level items being sold. If you are lucky enough to find a group 40 and below they will be full of multi boxers. The only reason to play on Coirnav is if you have a max level character and want to raid.
  2. Zarh New Member

- No isn't dead for new players ...
    - No isn't full boxing ...
    - There isn't the only reason ...

I made cleric and its 31 now, i found groups with out boxing...

You guys complaining about games every time ... its pathetic ....

PS : Guild recruiting low lvls players too so you can enjoy the game ... ;)
  3. Kronotowin Elder

There goes the default "its not dead" response. I've been playing MMO's for 20 years, this server is dead. No one is making alts because of the exp rate. There are emulated servers with a much healthier leveling population.
  4. Jaime Lannister Augur

TLP servers don't have a stream of new players. They never have.

People flock to them when they open up, and that's it. Once those people hit high level, the low level scene is always going to be more or less dead. You get the initial surge. Then a small Alt surge. A couple pops when new class/races come out. That's it.

If you want to level up with people you either start on the TLP when it opens, or you're out of luck.
  5. Zarh New Member

I have been playing since 1999 MMO'd i borne in 1981 :
    This server isn't Dead you are just complaining like all Kids want a game easy and faster to rich ..
    Go Back on WoW there the community its like your mind....
  6. Zarh New Member

The low Level scene is always going to be more or less dead : You are wrong, the server open the 16 March so you can get lvl 60 easily if you want it, so stop complaining or go play to another games with fastes Exp up its will be more easy for you ...
  7. Zarh New Member

The Exp its really fast than the release in 1999 and than th P99 too and look like Phinigel,

i got a work starting 9 am and finish 18 pm and family, if you are good organized (i think you aren't, just reading your post that give an idea) so i did 1 to 50 in 2 weeks and fews days i did same 50 to 60 with less playing time... got VP key too .....

This EQ it's really easy game ...
    Just 1 exemple After the Death you keep your gear up ....
    Mage can solo grp mobs with a pet..
    Necro too...
    More items in a game have effect 1 to 50 and 50 to 60 (its was never like this at release in 1999).

They make EQ like easy game so for casual players its the best ....

You want drive EQ more easy play ... so play on Private server .. like i see easy exp ... with one Character you can learn all spell and Boxing programs are open ... so its more like an Rpg ( ignore the MMo's on this private server ...)
  8. Febb Augur

You can solo pretty far up in levels even on a TLP server. The experience sucks as usual solo but in the meantime while you are looking for a group, pick some dark blue to white mobs and kill. If you can solo yellows, go for it.
  9. Risiko Augur

Maybe our experiences differ, but I didn't have this experience at all.

I made an alt a week ago, and he hit 35 just a couple days ago. I went got in to groups every day that I was on him with relative ease by using /LFG, /OOC, and chat channels.

I have not experienced this dead server that you are talking about.

Are most people max level and raiding? Yes. Of course we are, but for the majority of us, we down all the Kunark raid content fast, and have plenty of time to go play alts.
  10. Rhodz Augur

As in life experiences in MMOs vary greatly. Sometimes due to the player sometimes not, both are legit
  11. Mesozoic_Coirnav New Member

I had a group on my new monk and shaman with very little issues from 1-42. I have stopped leveling them for the moment (I did 1-18 before the exp weekend). It seems the zones are still pretty full now though.
  12. fastboy21 Augur

I want some of whatever this guy had for breakfast...
    Sultan likes this.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Which one is your final answer? Or do you argue both sides just because arguing is fun? I understand that, too.

Just want to point out that part of the OP's complaint was that any groups you might find "will be full of multi boxers". To be clear, I box and think TrueBox is stupid. But it is what DBG advertises, so the OP's complaint is legit.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

I just trueboxed all over myself.
    discordkitty likes this.
  15. Machentoo Augur

Truebox is Truebox, not no box. If the server is full of multiboxers, that's fine, it's still what's advertised, as long as they are true boxing.
  16. Groans Augur

You are calling him a kid with that type of response? Lol. Stop equating in game grind with work. Hey OP come to agnarr best people I've seen on TLPs, mostly pretty chill. Since it stops st 65 there are tons of low level players, come see for yourself.
  17. smash Augur

Those people coming with the "server is dead" are people who most likely were against the rules the server were made with. And got an agenda of getting it changed.
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I don't think anybody expects it to be changed. We will all have to wait until next year to see if DBG is able to offer something that more people find interesting. The fact that this year's mid-year server offering is less interesting than previous years' can't really be denied, either by DBG's own description (which describes nothing new except even slower exp) or by the server's lower population.

The OP's post was a warning and absolutely warranted. Enjoy your Coirnav server, if that's your bag! But I agree that new players starting out will have more fun on other servers, and I think it's a benefit to the EQ community as a whole to help share that info with potential new/returning players.
  19. Groans Augur

Honestly, I played on some servers, dgb needs to step their game up with some of those servers. These guys offer a wide variety of different versions of servers. There is no reason we cant have different types of servers for different play styles. You want hard slow exp then there should be a server for that, you want a locked server casual FV type of server then why not? To hell with people telling me how the game I wanna play should be played.

I did my 3 day irl stormfeather poopsock camp on a pvp server or spent the entire weekend in tov non stop having to PK our sleeping members out because we couldn't wake em up. To hell with that, you go play like that if you want.
  20. monkypowah Elder

had you simply browsed these forums you probably would have avoided that server in the first place.. some of us, more like a lot of us made toons on there and were very quickly turned off from the server for a variety of reasons. Read all the threads concerning it. Give Phinny or Agnarr a try before you totally give up on the game. You may find what you’re looking for. Hoping a toxic situation will fix itself is a mistake. Cut your losses and try a better TLP. I have several 50’s myself on coirnav that will never “Enter world” again.. it’s wasted time but you learn from these things to avoid them the next time around