Hunter Achievement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kixx, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Kixx Journeyman

Hello DBG,

I would like to know if there are any plans to add a reward to doing these insane achievements. I really enjoy it and I am having alot of fun hunting down all the rares (my halfling pockets are brimming with platinum pieces!).

It would be really fantastic to see the addition of a title or pet or something of the sort that shows your greatness to others.

Thanks,

Kixx the Nerd
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  2. Orbital101 Augur

Show title off, familiar off, everything else on!
  3. Orbital101 Augur

4. RandomStrategy Augur

I got lucky twice in a row and bagged the AC in South Ro by stumbling across him.
  5. Kixx Journeyman

that is so awesome man!
  6. Aurastrider Augur

This has been discussed and commented on several times by developers since the introduction of old world hunter achievements. In short I think they are stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of the reward. Some members of the community have voiced strongly against anything that would provide any kind of in game advantage via stats. Bags have already been done and even for the HOT hunter the bags are only 16 slot which is not impressive on live so I think adding more bags would be out of the question unless there were more than one option for rewards with a bag being one of them. This pretty much leaves titles, ornaments, possibly a port clickie to a zone in the expansion from the hunter for doing an entire expansion's hunter (my personal favorite) or some kind of familiar/illusion type of reward (this would probably be the most time intensive so I doubt this one would happen). I agree that at the bare minimum a title should be rewarded for the massive amount of time it takes to knock some of these out.
  7. KPW99 Lorekeeper

I'm still rooting for an illusion for each old world expansion based on the best/iconic models from that expansion. Efreeti/UndeadFrogs/Othmir etc
    snailish and Nolrog like this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

While I think this would be awesome I don't see it happening. They have recently commented on illusion requests and its a time thing. I am not sure how difficult it is to take an existing model and turn it into an illusion but I imagine it is still more time intensive than something like a title, port item or something simple like an existing item with a new name. Developer time is just so limited and they are stretched thin between TLP and live and trying to provide enough of an incentive in terms of a reward for players on live while also not making a reward that will be significantly out of era or over powered on the TLP wont be easy. I think we will see rewards given at some point in time but I would not hold your breath waiting for one.
  9. Nolrog Augur

I was farming him in OT one day and killing the cyclopses on the island. Came across one that seemed to be harder to kill than the others. Dang this guy seems tougher. I didn't noticed I had the Ancient until the loot window came up and I saw the ring (and even then, when I first saw it, I thought, this one just dropped a belt.)
  10. KPW99 Lorekeeper

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting to ever see a reward for doing these while I'm still on Phinigel. I just think that Illusions would be the coolest thing they could add without skewing power levels on the TLPs for the few of us dumb enough to spend the time doing them
  11. Poyzen Frawg Augur

In The Tower of Frozen Shadow …. I've Spawned a named NPC called "The Head Golem Usher" like 10 times but he does not give credit for "The Head Usher". Is this a mistake? I've been clearing this zone for 5 days now.
  12. Orbital101 Augur

both are different NPCs