Question about Heroic Char

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by toodlem, Jun 28, 2018.

1. toodlem Elder

I earned a heroic char on one of my accounts that was paid in the past but is now a silver account. When the switch was made his AAs were maxed out immediately and with new expansions ect I have the choice to pay for another account, upgrade/downgrade this lvl 93 toon to a Heroic 85 toon with better but still maxed AAs or just create a new toon who will be 85 with maxed out heroic AAs. Question is this... has anyone made a heroic toon out of a toon that is higher than 85, if so what was your experience with regard to AAs , level drop?... etc. Thanks for any replies.
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

Upgrading to heroic will give you what your missing. You wont lose levels or anything. It's all upside if you ask me. So it's really up to you if you want to heroic the 93 or just make something new.
    toodlem likes this.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

If you are not All Access, you do not earn AAs. Your description is a little unclear, but you may not actually be "max" AA'd, but rather capped because you are not paying. This, and your inability to get any benefit from most gear, are the main reasons playing for free isn't really an option after level 60.

I recommend reading the full official description, but here are some points that might help:
    • Heroic Toons will have all of the AAs up to level 85 (and a few "special" AAs like Muramite trials and DON progression), but otherwise have no effect on the AA cap.
    • There is no way to "downgrade" a Heroic toon except to delete it (if your Heroic token was free, you will not get it back).
    • Using a Heroic token on a toon that is above 85 will give the other benefits that come with Heroic toons, but will not give any extra regular AAs or raise your AA cap.
    • It will raise any skills that you may not have already leveled: I used a heroic token, for free, for the sole purpose of raising Alcohol Tolerance because I didn't want to waste days being drunk in game :).
    • It will not "de-level" your toon if you use it on a toon over 85.
    It is not necessarily a bad choice to use a token on a post-85 character, but I sure wouldn't spend $35 on it. EDIT: Paying for All Access for a month will give you more benefit and far more AAs, if that's what you're interested in.
  4. toodlem Elder

Kinda surprised it didn't delevel the toon. That makes using the Heroic toon option look even better. I guess specifically my question is... the toon currently has more AAs than the nonpaid max, so he is unable even now to earn more AAs. IF I upgrade him to a heroic toon, will he gain all of the AAs under 85 awarded on top of what he already has (which again is at max level for a silver, non paid account)? I am not interested in paying for another account, not worth it to me. The heroic option is a free one which I earned in the past... thanks again for sharing your experience and thoughts on this.
  5. toodlem Elder

Thank you!
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You should get any AAs that normally come with a Heroic toon which you do not already have. This won't be anything above lvl 85.

I see this was a free token, so it won't "hurt" much to use it. But consider that one month of All Access will automatically grant you ALL AAs up through your current level (up to the current Autogrant cut-off, which is at least Rain of Fear, I think). If your main motivation is AAs, I would consider holding off on using the Heroic Token (if you ever consider a different toon on this account) and go All Access for a month, you will see a much bigger increase in power.
  7. toodlem Elder

Yeah I kept paying for one of my 4 accounts...just not really interested in giving DB any more of my cash. Not saying I wont at some point, but currently it is just not palatable to me. Again thanks so very much for your input!!!
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have remade/reused the free heroic from the giveaway in 2017 a few times. I have not on the one given in 2014 since I get a message when I go to do it that it will perm delete the heroic feature.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Thanks for that! I didn't realize they were handled differently.