Questions for Devs re: Malosinise Rk. III

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This spell a level 72 spell for Shamans and a level 71 spell for Magicians, but the scroll is marked NO TRADE and only Magicians can receive it from the quest turn-in.

Sources:
    Spell - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=9982
    Scroll - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=54032
    Quest - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3629

Would it be possible to get this added as an additional reward to the quest line for Shamans? I know it's not easy to determine what the original intent was on older quests like this, but I think the fact that the two classes get the spell at different levels indicates that the quest script contains the oversight, not the spell database.

Thanks!

(this is my first time through TSS content so if there's something I'm missing here, please fill me in)
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are looking at the reward list for the level 71 spell turn in quest. If you look at the list for the level 72 spell turn in quest you will find it. Trust me it is there as I have had that on live since the TSS expansion.
  3. Zapsos Augur

TSS only have 1 spell quest they not divided by level.
  4. Aneia Master

Rank II

Increase Incoming Spell Damage by 1%
    Decrease Cold Resist by 78
    Decrease Magic Resist by 78
    Decrease Poison Resist by 78
    Decrease Fire Resist by 78
    Limit: Max Level(75) (lose 5% per level over cap)
    Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
    Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
    Limit: Resist (Magic allowed)
    Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

Rank III

Increase Incoming Spell Damage by 1%
    Decrease Cold Resist by 80
    Decrease Magic Resist by 80
    Decrease Poison Resist by 80
    Decrease Fire Resist by 80
    Limit: Max Level(75) (lose 5% per level over cap)
    Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
    Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
    Limit: Resist (Magic allowed)
    Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

Waste of developer time for an extra -2 svall, imo.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I didn't check in game before I posted and when I did it seems I only have rk2 of that spell.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

See here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tss-rank-3-spells.247556/

Basically every spell has a Rank3 version in the spell data file. But most of them are not flagged for the correct class and show no class. And of course most of those spells don't have spell scrolls.

It seems like a big oversight to me that wasn't complained about enough and never got fixed. You'd need to fix probably the spell data for 5-15 spells per class to make sure their rank 3 spells are correctly flagged for the class and level. Then you'd need to create item IDs for each spell scroll. Then you'd need to modify the TSS rank 3 spell quest to award these spells in a logical lowest to highest order.

Lots of grunt work for low returns. Decent work for an intern though I bet.
  7. Baldur Augur

Casters get 13 rank 3 TSS spells, hybrids get 8, and melee get 3.

They chose for Magicians to get rank 3 of this spell and shamans to not get it.

If they gave you it now then you'd have 14 rank 3 spells, 1 more than everyone else. It's fine the way it is.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't really make sense and if that was the goal it should also be the same for RK 2 spells. As it is I don't see any reason why a class should not get a RK 3 version of a spell that they have a RK 2 version.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Machentoo Augur

There are quite a few like that in tss. It was their first time doing rk2/3's so the system improved as time went on.
  10. Barathrum Augur

AS A RAIDING SHM I DEMAND (BECAUSE IM TYPING IN ALL CAPS) THIS SPELL! WHO SAID MAGES COULD HAVE BETTER MALO TYPE SPELLS!!!! RIOT TIME!!! I DIDN'T KNOW THIS COULD BE RK3 BUT NOW THAT I DO IM SUPER MAD!!!! GIVE ME THE SPELL OR GIVE ME DEATH...........................?
  11. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'd still like some input from a dev on this
  12. Fibgirl Lorekeeper

Like raid shamans dont have enough to do all ready, make the mages useful and have them cast the Damn Malo.
    Aneuren, Ckador and Starr like this.
  13. Barathrum Augur

Silly druids!!

SHMs are underpowered if you really huff paint! We clearly need pet buffs / a mez spell / snare spell / and a group heal and better group HOTs! Dots could use some damage i mean look at bards?
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No caster/priest class got a rank 3 for every spell in TSS. It was always this way. It wasn't a bug or an oversight but an intentional design decision. The spells exist in the spell file, but they are not attached to an item and not obtainable in game.

I've asked them several times over the years to add them so I could complete my spellbook, but they have always said no. I asked them again prior to TSS launch on Phinny if they would consider adding them in for TLPs, but they again said no. When I complained they still showed as missing when using /output missingspells they removed the class and level from them so they wouldn't show as missing rather than add them in game.

They're not going to add them.
  15. Nolrog Augur

The TSS spells are pretty much like that. The increase from one rank to the next is rather small. If I get one in the normal course of play, great, if not, then I don't worry about it. Heck, I won't even ask for one if someone in the guild is offering them for free.
  16. malaki Augur

Casters/Priests all got 13 Rk3 spells, Hybrids all get 8, and Melee get 3. The difference between individual ranks isn't huge for the most part but for some things like corruption cures it actually makes a significant difference.
  17. Ginormus Journeyman

I can understand that shamans are not supposed to get rk3 of this spell. However, it shows in the file produced by the command "/outputfile missingspells", which is maybe a bug ?

Example for me, both these spells are not possible to obtain, yet they appear:

72 Malosinise Rk. III
    86 Mammoth's Force
    Duder likes this.
  18. KimchiGoddess Augur

Why are you necroing a two year old thread?
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

web-searched a question & the engine returned this thread as one of the results & he didn't bother to check the date I would expect. (no I have never done that, okay I lied I have totally done that)
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Honestly shamans should get mage pets too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.