Enc nerf experience from a raid perspective

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Fian, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Fian Augur

I waited until after I ran my best raid before giving feedback on this. Pre-nerf, I was #1 dps for the cactus raid, and number 2 wasn't close (usually a necro). Mana would remain at 100% for the duration of the raid due to the mana dot. After the nerf, I placed 9th. Before raid wiped (we lost), I was oom, so my dps ranking was about to drop off a cliff, even after using the various tricks that enc have to boost mana.

Keep in mind that I am better geared/AA'd than just about everyone else in the raid. In another raid, I placed 15th where normally I was top 3. Maybe DBC reads this and they are happy with it, but as a high performing player, I find it discouraging that we have been nerfed so hard. Even as a poorly geared enchanter during TBM era, I was placing better than that.

Let's just say it is hard to get motivated to play EQ right now. Been playing a lot of Skyrim SE lately.
    Skewert and kizant like this.
  2. Zaknaffein Augur

If your only enjoyment from raiding is placing in the top 5 on a parse, then don't play a support class?

All of the enchanters who didn't see these changes coming, or thought there was nothing wrong with, needs to rethink a few things.
    Playful, Tarvas and Sheex like this.
  3. Fian Augur

I wasn't surprised that a nerf was coming, but like always, DBC is too heavy handed in the nerfs that they do. And frankly, after they nerfed our defense into oblivion, I think they could have left our dps alone. The mana side of things is also too severe. I survived the TBM mana nerf, but this one is worse.
    Skewert likes this.
  4. Mortium Elder

Vote with your feet like the berserkers all did. All ours have quit the game since the nerfs to zerkers other than this masochist...
  5. p8aa Elder

If your raid was relying on your chanter DPS to beat events, then there is definately something wrong. Though maybe this will push DPS classes in your guild to play better and do the intended DPS they should do.
  6. kizant Augur

It can be worth ways. There's no reason they couldn't have aimed for enc dps to be more toward the middle of the pack. Really a few classes could probably use a bit of a bump from where they currently are.
  7. strongbus Augur

if they follow their sop. they did this nerf and next month they give some back. its how its been take to much away and give some back to find middle ground.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Why were you #1 on the raid is the bigger question. The rest of your DPS classes aren't doing what they should be doing, even pre-nerf...
    Genusii likes this.
  9. kizant Augur

It was a really good raid for encs, it's got nothing to do with with other DPS classes. Although, few actually took advantage of what they could really do.
    Brohg likes this.
  10. Gnomeland Augur

Test server doesn't raid current content so what would you expect them to do?

You also don't need players to test a DPS change. It's easy to measure using programs. I doubt they need help on an issue like this. They just don't communicate what their goal is, which is the problem.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Easier to blame the evil devs. How dare they take away my fun of being a support class and winning parses over dps specific classes!
  12. strongbus Augur

gota ask is this all mobs or just the boss. If its all mobs I can see him beating necros. If it just the boss. Then his guilds necros are slacking hardcore as they should be blowing everyone out of the water on the name.
  13. Enchyy1 New Member

Don't waste your time. The people youre playing to support in your raid group are likely the ones who petition Enc dps is too hot. Let someone else whack-a-mole NET all night for awhile. You can be sure it's not JoeBlow doing 30k on a pick up raid /feedbacking "Enchanter DPS is too strong." It's the Rog or Wizard doing 75% in your raid who's the grumblebutt.

Why raid? Honestly.
    Genusii likes this.
  14. Ninelder Augur

I don't think I ever parsed number 1, I was always about 100k behind necro dps on cactus and much more on other raids. Almost always behind all our good DPSers, who actually try. Using full trib max everything, 3 tonics I still could not beat a good DPSer, only the slackers who apparently whine enough to get the devs to ruin the game.
  15. kizant Augur

Just a suggestion but maybe you should PM an enchanter who knows to play and ask them for advice.
    Sheex and Sancus like this.
  16. Fian Augur

Uh, no, life doesn't work like that. It just means my raid guild will struggle even more to beat raid encounters, cause some of their members are doing a lot less dps than they used to.

And in regards to the other question, it was all mobs, not just boss. That was the strength of enc dps pre nerf.
  17. p8aa Elder

Then DBG is not responsible of this fate. These DPS classes have at their disposal the tools to do their job as expected, but they don't use them.
  18. Yeyo New Member

The big issue is this was all "False" dps in the first place. It involved padding numbers by dotting multiple mobs. A Rogue cant backstab on 5 different mobs at the same time (non disc), so you would win an overall parse hands down. But if we are talking straight up fights with no adds, that is our TRUE dps. And on those fights, we werent breaking top 5, possibly even top 10. So there was no need for this nerf, somebody cried and of course DBG went heavy handed as always. But I saw it coming.

What pisses me off is how hard it was, I cant even keep any mana on a raid now. You tuned our spells cost based on the fact we can tap some back. Now you took that away, but left the costs all the same. Get your heads out of your devs, try testing stuff first.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see you copy/pasted spells from last expansion and just upped the damage a set %. The funny thing was you nerfed that a few months after EoK came out, but when you created the new spells for RoS you used the non nerf to copy paste from. So ya, we saw this coming. This is just a continuation nerf from EoK. Appreciate your incompetence while it lasted at least. Even though it was VERY situational.

I seriously think we are the hated class. I might just have to go back to my Rogue, I always thought they were pooped on till I swapped main to an enchanter. Boy was I wrong!
  19. Brohg Augur

What's false about damaging multiple mobs?
    Drogba, kizant, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  20. sojero One hit wonder

I would like to introduce you to the melee rampage abilities, for years they dominated because of these on multi mob situations, they still parse high cause of them.

Rake's
    Furious
    and monks have one, but i don't like monks, so i couldn't care less to remember the name :)
    kizant likes this.