Returning player; UI issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Doilin, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Doilin New Member

Hey. So, nostalgia took over and I reinstalled this game earlier. I was using vert ui when I stopped playing back in '05 ish and saw it was still around, downloaded it, stuck it in uifiles and tried loading it up. I've searched and searched between here, EQI, and others to try to see whats wrong but I haven't come across anything yet thats helped out.

Issue: /loadskin vert2018 (renamed it to this manually) brings up default ui. UIError.txt posted below this thread. So, tried the Warcraft UI and same thing. Simply brings back the default UI every time.

Steps I've taken:
    -Full reinstall from downloader
    -Delete UIFiles and redownload all components
    -Different UIs
    -Moving EQ directory from original installation to C:\ root directory
    -Ensuring no spaces in the UI subfolder
    -Setting attrib's to non read only to subfolders
    -Taking five shots of whiskey and praying
    -Changing display settings (have two GPUs installed)

Any ideas? Trying not to give up so quickly. =)

-Doilin; Vallon Zek (good times)

UIErrorLog created at Fri Jun 22 23:46:53 2018
    [Fri Jun 22 23:46:53 2018] Warning: file EQUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\vertblue2018\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
    [Fri Jun 22 23:46:53 2018] Warning: file SIDL.xml not found in directory UIFiles\vertblue2018\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
    [Fri Jun 22 23:46:53 2018] Warning: file EQUI_DragItems.xml not found in directory UIFiles\vertblue2018\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
    [Fri Jun 22 23:46:53 2018] Warning: file EQUI_SpellIcons.xml not found in directory
    [a lot more of this and then...]

[Fri Jun 22 23:46:54 2018] [Line:107 Source:UIFiles\vertblue2018\EQUI_Animations.xml] Schema error - Duplicate item Spells01.tga
    [Fri Jun 22 23:46:54 2018] Error reading XML.
    [Fri Jun 22 23:46:54 2018] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
  2. Graytis Lorekeeper

I'm no expert, but... you unzipped the download, right? It's not just a zipped folder sitting there?

I know it's the "make sure it's plugged in" of troubleshooting this problem, but it's the limit of my ability, here.
  3. xukil of luclin Curator of a UI

This is what they broke in the last patch. Animations files needs to be modified. It's a fairly strait forward fix. Post a link to the ui on eqinterface.com and I can take a look at it...:eek:
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Doilin New Member

5. xukil of luclin Curator of a UI

I posted a fix and then later someone else did also...It's not my UI but it was fairly simp,e to get it working. :eek: