How should I catch up?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Wharghoul, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Wharghoul Journeyman

Lesson is short for Lesson of the Devoted. It's a veteran reward given for having an account for at least one year. It allows you to earn double xp for thirty minutes every 23 hours or so.
  2. moogs Augur

3. Wuddane Elder

Wharghoul, look for me when you are on. I as well play a Shadowknight on Firiona, and can assist you with some slaying and knocking out namers for some drops!

A suggestion, and some of the zones are slightly tedious...but try doing TDS progression when you get sick of the 'grind' and want to work on something else. The first few zones really aren't grand experience, however the goal is to become flagged for combine dredge (and really, starting in brother island and especially degmar and beyond, the experience is quite decent before 105). Not only will you get to see, in my opinion, some neat zones...you will be able to hunt rare spawns in Combine dredge that drop the geomantic steelstone. They add a decent boost to your ac and hitpoints, and will help survive in later expansions.
  4. Gialana Augur

"Burning lessons" just means using the veteran reward AA. Since it doubles experience for 30 minutes, I usually try to kill faster while it's running.
  5. Wharghoul Journeyman

Thanks Wuddane, I'll hit you up.

So I hit 105 on all chars, and have been grinding in Frontier Mountains. I have had good luck with nameds and got some decent gear on the sk and wizard. I'm still grinding aa's. I think my best lesson burn so far has been 80 aas so I'm trying to get that number up without killing myself.

Thanks again for all the advice everyone. I think I'm going to focus next on AC augs. I've picked up a few from the baz, and a few from a couple nameds here, but I haven't focused on them yet.That, or maybe I'll give HH Seb a shot..
  6. Gundolin Augur

Might want to quickly clear Gates Overboss Kaznak's emblam https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=148173 should be an easy camp for you to pick up xp while you hunt. (Not as good xp as FM, but it is fairly fast, and really not a hard camp).
  7. Wharghoul Journeyman

Ooh, that's a pretty Aug. Going to work on it today!
  8. Wharghoul Journeyman

So, all three are 105 and I've ground out a couple thousand AA's. The sk is in full EoK tier 2 visibles. I've almost ground out all of 105 with 90% xp going to AA's. The wizard is pretty much out of good aa's so I think I'm going to turn off AA xp and hit 106.

I've farmed a couple great AC augs and the SK can now tank in FM without a healer, which allows me to add a third wizard merc on burn. My average lesson grind in FM now is around 80 AA's. This slows down when a named pops and I have to hit ooc regen to bring in a healer merc but has the added benefit of gear for the wizard and chanter.

I think I'm going to try to work on progression for the last couple expansions, just to break up the grind a bit. That, or focus on camping nameds throughout EoK for AC augs. I've also considered replacing my enchanter for a 99 Bard on that account so I have track and can try for the Wurmslayer..

Can anyone tell me more about the adps I could look at with a bard versus a chanter? I remember in the past that bards had stacking issues with wizards' familiars. Is that still an issue? I think having both the bard and enchanter ready to go would be helpful, but I feel like I'd be losing a lot of dps dropping the chanter. He's got some pretty decent nukes that are easy to hotkey and I don't think I'd consistently bring the bard in to melee.
  9. Cydonia Elder

As someone in more or less the same boat as the OP, I think its worth mentioning something I’ve found.

The HA into the temple (b), the same one you need to open up progression with, is actually very easy to do. It has drops that are pre lootable, and can be done in under 20 minutes with my 3 box (sk, shaman, bard) the exp is gives you is small (maybe 5% or so but it gives 800 currency per hit, so is very worth hitting up when it’s off cool down (3 hours I think)
  10. Zakois New Member

Hey I have a 110 Wiz and 94 Magician I would love to group with you! Send a tell in game- Zakois(wiz) and Angryirish(Mag) hope we can group up !