Warrior Suggestions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by MaddielynBlackStar, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Drogba Augur

Harm Touch might cause a target change, but they can FD that if they want too. Not sure why you're singling out SK's. Any tank class can taunt mobs off you and followup by piling on aggro abilities. If they're doing that intentionally, then that's a player issue.

Though you do want your tank crew pumping out decent AE aggro to safeguard your raids DPSers. More aggro/aggression from the tank crew enables DPS to play more aggressively in turn. If your sk's aren't using harmonious, and still are taking aggro, then outside of Harm Touch, the player losing aggro isn't doing it right.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Easy solution, just spec into Titan's Grip.
    [4498] Titan's Grip
    Classes: WAR/10
    Skill: Offense (Combat Skill)
    Endurance: 0, Upkeep: 25 per tick
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1m, Timer: 3
    Duration: 60s+ (10 ticks), Dispelable: No
    Hate: 1
    1: SPA 185 Base1=30 Base2=-1 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Allows you to dual-wield a pair of two-handed weapons, and increases your maximum health by 15%.
  3. Drogba Augur

It's a local issue between you, and the sk's that you happen to play with. And up to you guys to determine if the problem lies with you, or them. Not an issue for war-sk generally if played well.
    Zolmaz Zo'Boto likes this.
  4. Repthor Augur

im simply responding to you responing to me that imissed the point as to what i responded to in the thred, that you wanna use my response to mean something els when its not, thats on you
  5. Lianeb Augur

There are only two answers to your problem so it is one of them.
    If you are single tanking a mob and any of the tanks takes Agro off you, you are not sustaining hate cool downs on the mob and only relying on swing Agro.
    or that other tank used taunt.
    In either case some one needs to be talked to about either spamming Agro at the wrong time or not spamming Agro at the right time. Tanking on raids is a team thing, you need to know how the others play and work with them.
  6. Lianeb Augur

I am going to guess that in my guild we use SKs a lot differently than the OP.
    We want the SKs spamming AE hate all the time. But when the other tanks see a mob on the SK we pull it off them (generally)
    By doing this it allows the SK to top cover the raid on mobs coming to the raid, but also allows them to survive because the other tanks are constantly peeling mobs off them. Generally an SK is not the MAs target of target.
    We do still assign them to single target stuff but for the primary job for them is to protect the raid.
    Xatt, Xeladom, Brohg and 2 others like this.
  7. DaciksBB Augur

what is this thread

also, all tanks have a Harmonious. Warriors have the single and AoE, paladins have an AoE with a stun, and SKs have an AoE with life tap on their primary target

believing that knights shouldn't be able to tank bosses is so outdated it's almost laughable

warrior aggro is fine, I only get aggro when I'm intentionally messing with people (although I do climb pretty high at times)

this thread seems to have devolved to one person saying everyone that disagrees with them is wrong, been a while since I read one if these, do keep going
  8. Ghubuk Augur

SK's dont have precision.
  9. Warpeace Augur

No they don't, your half right.

Its a single target with a stun.
    DaciksBB likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

Here are some - ways - we can know what tools SKs have. For instance, besides finding out about every tank class having gotten a Harmonious ability 20 months ago, we can know via those tools that SKs have their own versions of positioning and target-locking abilities that were each nerfed right along with Warlord's Grasp at the very same times as Grasp!

Here's another tool we can use to see what tools the SKs we play alongside are actually using! We might see via that tool that the SKs are only using relatively low impact DDs & AE things - just dps stuff - so if there's issues with losing mobs that we mean to tank, it's probably on us!
  11. Axel Furry Hats OP

The only problems that I've had with SK's taking aggro, is if they use taunt then harm touch (and if I already used all of my good aggro abilities). The solution my guild came up with is to boot them from the raid (not all SK's, just the ones that have no idea wtf they are doing) or let them take aggro and die. Either way, the problem gets solved.

I've never had an issue with aggro aside from monks, but like SK's, they can FD and if they are semi-competent, they will. If they aren't competent enough to use an ability that they've had 100 levels to perfect, it still isn't too difficult to keep aggro off of them. I tend to over-aggro the mob that I'm tanking (on long fights and no one taunting up my aggro is at 100 and the 2nd on aggro is 7). Warriors have absolutely 0 problem with holding aggro unless they don't know what they are doing.

Also, I hold aggro much better with Dual Wield than with a 2hander thanks to procs. The only part about using a 2hander that will give me more aggro than dual wield is using rampage.
  12. Brohg Augur

Before adopting "solutions" like that, I'd have to have it explained to me why it's even a problem. SKs aren't allowed to tank mobs because… why?
  13. Axel Furry Hats OP

If they are constantly pulling aggro off of the main tank because they are using single target terrors and taunt (like the ability taunt that puts you up top, not hate abilities) then they are a detriment to the raid. If they can tank it, by all means, go for it. But, they don't so we have to kick them so they stop wasting healer's time by rezzing and buffing them.
  14. Brohg Augur

They don't what? Loot the same armor the warriors use?
  15. Axel Furry Hats OP

They don't survive due to not using taps, using a 2hander, not letting healers know he's taking aggro, a whole list of things. We've only had this happen once.

Are you trolling. I feel like I'm explaining things that should be obvious (and aren't the main point I'm trying to make at all).
  16. Warpeace Augur

So are they taunting to get up on the agro list or because they are dumb and have it macro'd with their terrors? Nothing wrong with taunting to get higher up on the agro list incase needed. They should also be on the same side of the mob as the MT when doing that.

If they want to Harm Touch the mob they can always let the tank know in advance so they are prepared to get agro back.
  17. Axel Furry Hats OP

It's because they are dumb. I have no problem with SK's using terrors to get up on the aggro list, I know I use aggro abilities when I'm not tanking so that I'm above DPS. I have no problem with someone taunting up if they do it correctly (turning attack off, hitting taunt and backing away so they don't keep aggro too long).
  18. Brohg Augur

I am not trolling. I am pushing back against your terrible presentation of a "problem you have with SKs" that's really a "problem you have with one specific very bad player, who could be nearly any class"
    Sheex likes this.
  19. Dre. Altoholic

Ooo.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Where you at, brosef? Haven’t seen you in ages and missed you :(.