Nothing to do with EQ at all

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by TLPman, May 31, 2018.

1. TLPman Augur

As topic said this has nothing to do With everquest but i thought maybe someone out there can help out. My wife is unable to work because of health issues, However she is trying to find something at home full time or part time just something to help out with bills as she cant stand sitting around the house play everquest all day anymore. Does anyone out there know of any legit at home jobs that we can look at for her or maybe there? Thanks for the help. (admin if this is not ok to post please delete) Thank you everyone and God Bless
  2. TLPman Augur

please inbox me if you know of anything or can help out
  3. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

4. TLPman Augur

5. Sagarmatha Augur

Get a better grip on life, man. Calling people "goons" on a gamers forum will not yield better life circumstances. We're here because we want to get away from our own real life bulls hit. We certainly don't want to deal with yours.
  6. Nakoda Lorekeeper

Clearly you did not see what was posted I would said the same thing he did. Telling him to have his wife go nude on cams... calling him a "goon" was very nice i would of lost it.
    Laynie likes this.
  7. clan darkpaw New Member

There are no real "work from home" jobs that pay a meaningful amount of money unless you have a highly sought-after skill, in which case this post would not exist, or an existing job you can convince your employer to convert to work-at-home. These other "work-at-home" jobs, many of which require you to leave your home, are all nickel-and-dime junk.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I have known a couple of people throughout the years that did dispatch type work for taxi companies and such. I don't think the pay was great and I have no idea what qualifications a person would need to do this but I imagine having a friendly voice, able to follow a script, and answer quickly is all that is required. It might be worth looking into. If she is good with crafts and such there are websites where people sell personalized things. If she is good with or willing to try making websites she could make something EQ related or for another hobby or interest although I have no idea if the people that make these types of sites actually make money.

Another option if your state has it is worksource (Washington State) or something similar. They help people find jobs and if you qualify they can help you through the process of getting training into something you are capable of doing. They helped me when I got laid off from the lumber industry years ago which opened the door for me to get into college and I got some basic medical training which lead me to continue my education into the nursing field.
    Laynie and moogs like this.
  9. moogs Augur

There are certain unskilled jobs such as being a customer service live chat representative that are commonly done from home. There are skilled jobs such as supply chain logistics and project manager that are sometimes done from home also.

Vermont made the news this week by offering up to $10k to move there in order to work a remote job in another state. https://www.necn.com/news/new-engla...or-Remote-Workers-Moving-to-Vt-484518621.html
  10. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

I'm happy to report that this is quite incorrect.

This has been an ongoing (r)evolution of work as business finally realizes much of their overhead can be offloaded (or strategically outsourced) to contractors, remote/retained teams, or even freelancers (aka "jobbers") as the template introduced by companies like Uber continue to mutate in response to our current financial and cultural climate.

As early as 2015 (earlier really, if you keep up with HR and HRMIS trends), we have articles like this one:

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandto...leworkers-more-productive-even-when-sick.aspx

Making it evident that there IS, in fact, a trend of productivity increase to consider that can mean significant savings on capital as well as operating expenses.

There is an outlet/clearinghouse where this topic is covered in fairly exhaustive depth and from a skeptical and modeled approach that values adhereing as closely as possible to things like "scientific method" as they examine and explore our "soft systems" as humans doing things in groups.

Among all the above, you will also find information on companies that hire strictly work from home employees, polls and research from think tanks and academics alike, and even some cross-referencing into actual research as the curiosities and mechanics of building remote workforces begin to see serious scrutiny by business across many industries:

The official, federal site, Telework.Gov: https://www.telework.gov/reports-studies/

The clearinghouse, Global Workplace Analytics.Com: http://globalworkplaceanalytics.com/telecommuting-statistics

@OP: I'm happy to help you locate companies and outlets for information... hit me up in a DM - I may know someone in your area who is seeking workers. But, even if I don't - know that asking here (or anywhere else) is the only way you're gonna find it... you did the right thing asking!!

(For those wondering, I am a Product Manager; which is a fancy way of saying I have to maintain a broad and relatively deep set of information on industries and topics that affect/effect the company and/or products that I'm currently designing, building, or representing.

I'm aware that our community tends to assume it understands something superficially in most cases, but @OP of this thread is asking for help and that means he needs facts, not opinions.

For my part, as clearly terse as I am (or whatever other adjective or adverb you fell compelled to add), I would like to think I could help this person in their struggle to continue being able to feed and clothe themselves.

Empathy, people... empathy, but for the fickle turns of this world on any given day, it could be you who asks in as many places as they can bring themselves to do so... what manner of answer would you prefer to receive?

That's the one you should be giving here.)
    Laynie likes this.
  11. Tiggold Augur

/reported for using small type that my Berserkers eyes can't see.
  12. KateL7 Lorekeeper

You should be IP banned for that post.
  13. Mannhec Lorekeeper

I believe and do not hold me to this, Amazon has work from Customer support. may be a thought.
  14. TLPman Augur

i was trying to send you a message but will not let me please DM me
  15. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

Personally, I have always seen it as a sign of invested trust and faith in a community to see a member post something personal or ask for help/understanding.

That will never be a bad thing to my mind.
    Laynie and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  16. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

Done, TLP.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

One looks for help where one is and chances are he finds it.
    The worst thing one can do isn't posting in a wrong forum, but not asking for needed help in the first place.
    Sagarmatha likes this.
  18. Sagarmatha Augur

Oh, I agree. Relationships defined Everquest when it launched, and that was the standard for the first few years. Reputation mattered. I also agree with finding help for any reason for anything is a very good thing. However, when you seek help in the least likely place, prepare to get at least a few, "less than excellent" responses. OP was pi ssed off at the first response (which was summarily removed), and he called the player a "goon." Not a big deal, I guess, but lighten TF up. If you're going to sap out on a MMO forum, don't expect to get professional advice about anything.

Welcome to life. Weep, while walking through the halls and expect everyone to weep with you. OR, man TF up and take control of your world. Stop playing MMOs endlessly and work out. Should we feel sorry for you? Get real. Eat well, work out, and there really is room for EQ. Stop being a witch with a, "B."
    Fantomah likes this.
  19. goladith New Member

Look at both Amazon, and various other call center and customer support places, plenty of them have work from home positions for both full and part time. And the pay us usually hourly, and actually not terrible.
  20. Laynie Journeyman

It's called compassion, and clearly you have none, Sagarmatha. He made it clear by the thread topic that this post had nothing to do with EQ, so I'm not sure why you clicked to read it if anything NOT pertaining to EQ is an issue for you.

This game has always had a sense of community, and believe it or not, others actually enjoy helping their fellow gamers. As for this being the least likely place to seek help, there are many of us who do work from home, and successfully I might add, so there is knowledge to be found in our EQ community.

I work from home full time as a medical transcriptionist. I live in Canada, but I did this when I lived in the US as well. She would definitely need to take some medical terminology courses and likely obtain a medical transcription certificate, but it's something to think about. I make very good money with full benefits.

Good luck to you and your wife, TLPman!
    KateL7 likes this.