Weapons from Higher Tier Raids worse than lower?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Poyzen Frawg, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Is Heresh, Spine of Pain supposed to suck? Blood Orchid Katana is WAY better for offhand DPS.
  2. Brohg Augur

Jeweled Hoarded Blood Orchid Katana is a special quest item, it is not a low tier drop.

Also, there are no tiers to raid gear from the last four expansions.
  3. segap Augur

The ratios are nearly the same with the Katana getting a slight benefit (which shrinks when you add your damage aug due to the lower delay). There's always the dirk if you want a larger damage proc (still smaller than the Katana) rather than the tap proc. The piercing weapons do have the advantage of working with Pinpoint which the Katana does not. It's the second expansion in a row they decided to make the quest weapon a 1hs rather than a 1hp despite the fact that all the 1hs classes can also use 1hp without a penalty while rogues have one for 1hs.
  4. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

If only they would bring back some sort of weapon or shield that was class specific that had some sort of quest to obtain it and had class specific stats bonuses and clickies on it. I forgot what those were called :p but I remember doing something like that in OOW expansion.
  5. Dreadmore Augur

That is an epic idea
  6. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

IKR imagine that. Very epic idea so great :p
  7. Brohg Augur

The closest we're likely to come to those ever in the future is an arrangement like Rain of Fear, where all classes received a differentiated reward for the same big quest. Hopefully more overlaying the rest of the expansion's content, Crestra-style, than just a checkmark container as RoF was, but that's personal preference. At which point it's all on the item guy to make items the community considers worthy (both powerful and interesting), without making items that are SO powerful and interesting that they become un-upgradable. Making a new round of epic quests pretty simply requires far too much developer labor to ever make again.
  8. svann Augur

What Im wondering is why does dekloaz's dirk have a smaller proc than phlogiston stilleto? Arent the actual raid weapons supposed to be half a tier higher than the raid quality crafted weapons?

edit: also the phlogiston has +1 poison damage that the dekloaz does not.
  9. Dreadmore Augur

The raid equivalent of the stiletto is not Dekloaz's Dirk, but Prickle, which also has Injection of Poison VI like the stiletto but instead has higher damage and better stats all around. The stiletto and Prickle are rogue-only. Dekloaz's Dirk is more comparable to the phlogiston saber.
  10. Monkman Augur

Think you mean Bristle not Prickle. Bristle is the rog only dagger... Prickle is the EM ear
    Dreadmore likes this.
  11. Dreadmore Augur

You are right, I was even looking at Bristle on Lucy and Eqresources. Not sure why my brain had such a prickling sensation...
  12. Brohg Augur

soooo -- Bristle + ... JHBOK? Phlog Stilletto? Heresh? Dekloaz (sounds like not-Dekloaz)?