Just couple of ideas for Daybeak and players

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Makudonarudo, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Makudonarudo Lorekeeper

I have couple of ideas about the game.

1. Players should be able to use KRONO to purchase expansions (After purchasing expansions using 2 KRONOs whatever left amount should convert to Daybreak cash)
    2. Players should be able convert KRONO to Daybreak cash

Lots of players don't want to spend real money on game still buying lots of KRONOs in game paying plats. (I have saved up more than 50 KRONOs all purchased by plats)
    If these players could use KRONOs to buy expansions and daybreak cash, they will be spending LOTS more KNONOs.
    Since KRONOs purchased by real money, it makes no different to Daybreak how players spend KRONOs on All Access, Daybreak cash or Expansions.
    Daybreak will make more money when (no real money paying) players start using KRONOs all over the places.
    Daybreak makes more money and (no real money spending)players could purchase expansions and buying more stuff from Market.
    I see it as a win-win situation, please consider it Daybreak.

3. And one more minor suggestions
    Could you please add 'Type 20 (ornamentation)' slot to 'Darkened Cone of the Mystics' and 'Darkened Book of Obulus' items?
    Since I have those items, I cannot use 2.0 ornaments or shield ornaments I bought from market any longer.

Thank you so much for your time to read this Daybreak
    Proud member of Ayonae Ro server
    Loyal member of Everquest
  2. Entice New Member

Yeah, um, they won't do any of that with krono.

1) They probably don't want to.
    2) They most likely don't know how to.
    3) They will say, if you want daybreak cash, then buy daybreak cash with money, that way we won't
    have to figure out how to make your request possible and save us time.
    4) They have things more important to fix in the game at the moment, like whatever today's
    patch will break.

I apologize if that is not the answer you are looking for, but it is the answer you will get.
  3. Medcorbo New Member

So true..
  4. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

I'd settle for them letting us at least use steam wallet money to buy expansion but even that a stretch I commend you for posting but a good rule of thumb to learn is that DBG doesn't listen to its player bases and the Devs don't play the game. So unfortunately our voices are not heard. Unless you say something dirogitive and cursing in nature to them, then they are very quick to send warnings XD
  5. Lamarye New Member

Please do explain why DB should enable people to play totally for free expansions included?
    They are a business and desire to generate revenue, not allow some cheapskate to play for free off other peoples money.
  6. Riou EQResource

You used to be able to buy the expansion on steam, until DBG made the foreign store versions cost like 10$ and the people selling the expansion on 3rd parties did a massive charge back and they removed like everyones expansion back in like TBM
  7. Warpeace Augur

The ability of gifting expansions would be great.
    Phess and MaddielynBlackStar like this.
  8. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Sorry I wasn't around during that. Its shame a few people ruined it for the rest of us :/ Such is life
  9. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

It was already posted. Its not like DBG gives people kronos for free. Players buy it, and kronos cost more then regular all access does, they are generating money from that a lot its merely the difference between 'in store credit' vs pay now. The money already there its already been spent just using a different form of it. Unless people found a way to duplicate kronos in game then that is illegal bannable and possible felony. In that case theft happens all the time whether virtually or physically.
  10. Nacho Chottal New Member

'Please do explain why DB should enable people to play totally for free expansions included?
    They are a business and desire to generate revenue, not allow some cheapskate to play for free off other peoples money. '

LOL who said anything about free Expansions
    Do you have a problem understanding English?
    He said using Krono to pay for expansions LOL
    Please read whole thread and understand fully before post any comment which totally makes no sense
    Thank you!
  11. Phess New Member

Wasn't that explanation just done? As for 'cheapskate" it's nothing like that. One person farms a few mil plat and sells that time to someone who hasn't spent the time farming but has the RL currency to pay to play. Who's the real cheapskate one might think or who's the genius. In any case it's a scale of economy, supply and demand, yadda, blah, snore.... Has anyone ever gone to a restaurant? Same thing, trading money for time/service/product.

It's not free. Nothing's free. Especially the apps on our phones even if you think they are, something is being sold, someone is making bank on your info.

It's amazing how many Kronos some have and if they accepted kronos for expac DB would be using old revenue for new activity for a while until the krono inventory is somewhat liquidated. The real loss is the player that can't farm 1m pp/day or week or doesn't have a few bots running around that DB somehow misses;) . Players w/o those abilities couldn't afford to buy kronos as the price would probably increase...considerably.

Yeah, it might mess up the in game economics even more but DB would still get their $. It's a bit like U.S. postage stamps. they use to be real popular to collect. Those collected stamps represent Post office revenue that didn't have to be serviced... cash in hand, pure profit...until people don't collect them as much.
    In the end an expac still has to be purchased with RL currency somewhere down the chain. I guess the loss to DB would be kronos would no longer get lost in inventory like those postage stamps. What a game changer.
  12. Phess New Member

Hey, Makudonarudo. Sugoi namae wa . LOL
  13. Tacoking New Member

Yo Lamarye
    Do you think saving over 50 Krono is easy?
    Did you ever actually tried to farm that much plat?
    Do you know how much effort and time to generate that kind of plat?

By the Way,
    because of those cheapskates you mentioned, krono is selling a lot and those
    cheapskates generate actual sale.
    It's called smart players not play for free off other peoples money.
    Phess likes this.
  14. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Back when you could afk farm on mage certain low levels and sell tradeskill stuff for stupid expensive it wasn't that hard but yeah lately diffinitely been more difficult, and sad thing is that doesn't break EULA and technically we could sue DBG for banning people for it. Having your pet attack when you get hit was part of the EQ toolkit and abilites of those said classes no different them alchemist in Ragnarok and ragnarok took a huge loss trying to make that 'against the rules. Just no one has the guts to stand up to DBG on it. But anyways yes earning kronos is not easy, the prices for them are very high and making that much plat not always that easy. Depends on person.