Servers still down...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Arriock, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobungga New Member

This is almost the best game in the mmorpg market, blizzard has yall beat hands down in the customer service department. Yes they have issues similar to this but they give updates every hour after they fail to met their deadlines. They also give their players days back when it's their issue. I came back for the social side that blizzard has all but removed from their game, and I get two days of gaming then a full day of not being able to login due to someone putting too many comas somewhere. I know a little coding and know that you guys should be using an editor which if used properly will fix your code for you most of the time. This tells me you don't spend money to maintain the game, maybe hire a few more programers?
  2. Gokusan Journeyman

daybreak lol there funny weee
  3. Hardcore New Member

yup, that's all we ask
  4. Ranor Lorekeeper

Yeah with still no ETA as to when they expect the servers to be back up. :(
  5. Gokusan Journeyman

maybe it has to do with all those people laid off a couple of month ago. Im sure they got a crack squad right on top of this mess fixing it they way it should be .
  6. Nobungga New Member

I know i don't work for dbg but I know a fix that would help their customer service ratings, (roll back servers too yesterday and bring them back online) there was nothing majorly critical released
  7. Ghostinthemachine Elder

LOL this is nothing there have been patches that kept the game down for over a day
  8. Siludin New Member

Obviously the same people doing maintenance on Allakhazam have the EQ contract too...
  9. kalashnikov New Member

I'm sure there's crack involved
    DirtyGurtie likes this.
  10. Restac Journeyman

ya.. that's what they need. A "test server" of sorts where they could roll out updates and see if they all work nice and bug free Before sending them out to live servers. (yes that's sarcasm)
    You'd think after 20 years of doing this they would know how to use test by now and work out bugs so they don't have these extended, extended downtimes to fix issues that should have already been worked out by sending it to test first. By the time its ready for live servers it should be a simple matter of copy and paste since you've already worked out all the delivery bugs.
  11. Nobungga New Member

what language is the code in? i will go learn it and come help fix it. I just want to play!
  12. Scout New Member

Nods head the most pronounced example of the
    Peter Principle

I have ever seen!
  13. Veltonz New Member

At this point its long passed the extended, extended. Throw a few more extended in there. This is just ridiculous on a game almost 20 years old.
    20 years old is 20 years experience in knowing what to do to fix it. WTF is the problem.
    Drexyll, Restac and Gungnire like this.
  14. Havenbrook Journeyman

The back-end of this game is surprisingly organized. Modifying this games content is not difficult. I wonder if some hardware or some kind of configuration is messed up. Perhaps their data center / ISP is falling short?

I've also been waiting all day, just be patient. Those server guys work hard.
  15. Nobungga New Member

they are not the same programers, these are new boots
  16. Hardcore New Member

Geez, remember when Sony got hacked we were off for weeks
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Ranor Lorekeeper

That was a whole different beast not a server game update.
    moogs and Makta like this.
  18. Repo New Member

I wonder if they hired the same people that made Luclin models to perform the server maintenance.
  19. Arriock New Member

... THATs what i am saying IMHO not a damn thing has changed .. i just introduced 4 more people to EQ and gave huge accolades for the "epicness" of this game and it was what i base/based all my MMO gaming experiences on growing up... whats really funny is that i ensured these newcomers that the crappy patch experiences i had in the beginning and for 10 years after MUST have been resolved, hell its been two decades and the game is still awesome,, my damn phone has been blowing up with them saying dude you said it wouldnt do this...
    meh oh well
    just sucks for those of us who make plans according to time frames we are told should be in place)
    WTF ever i still love the game .. just curious where the problems lie..
  20. Arriock New Member

AGREED on customer support and swiftness at resolving bugs/ probs. My brother and bunch of his friends worked for blizz for over 12 years, so i got to hear alot ,, but they all started on EQ, not one single person ever made the choice to come back to EQ.
    i replied earlier makes me wonder where the problem really exists... are your programmers AARP members and remember rotary telephones?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.