In-game Notice of Servers Going Down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by yosco, Jun 20, 2018.

1. yosco Augur

Hey Devs,

I know the downtime was announced via a board message; however, it would also be nice to have a little reminder in-game when it's getting close to said downtime. This was routinely done in the past and was very helpful for planning purposes.

Today I literally had just killed the Crushbone raid and had just enough time to open up the dead corpse and look at the loot before the plug was pulled. Mind you... I didn't have time to actually LOOT anything... but just look at it.

Sort of a bummer.

Thanks.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

They said in a diffent thread they will look at the issue for next time.
  3. Evast Lorekeeper

On Xegony I had the count down timer - I logged at 1 minute when it said log off in a safe place immediately.

Apparently there was an "abort server down" message that I missed. /shrug
  4. Sancus Augur

- Estimated dates and times of scheduled monthly updates are now visible on the in-game calendar.
  5. yosco Augur

While the in-game calendar is fine, I don't care about "estimated" dates and times. I want the courtesy of a message in game. I know its possible because they were doing it over a decade ago.
  6. Goodn Augur

Take a post-it note.

Write PATCH EVERY THIRD WEDNESDAY OF MONTH on it.

Stick it on your computer monitor.

Now you have permanent notification. They have hit the patch dates like clockwork for the past umpteen years. Don't be afraid to help yourself.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Abrhum Journeyman

Then, in large print, next to that (preferably on a separate sticky), write: THE PATCH WILL TAKE LONGER THAN WHAT THEY PROJECT, GO OUTSIDE AND DO STUFF ON THIS DAY.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sita like this.
  8. yosco Augur

I knew the date. The exact time the servers were being taken down was questionable. It says one thing, but come 0931 the servers were still up and no notification to players had been made. But okay, keep being trite.
  9. Chain228 New Member

I firmly believe they overly extended down time is the servers and the Matrix saying "Stop messing with a good thing" If it ain't broke don't fix it.
  10. Redrum_Redrum Augur

An update would be nice. The servers were estimated to be up by 2:30 pm. Roxxlyy then posted Servers will remain locked for an additional period as we continue to patch. There is currently no ETA, But we will continue to provide information as it becomes available.

We are now 3 hours beyond that post and still not 1 update.
    Evast likes this.
  11. Arborist New Member

Come on servers! I got xp to get!! :)