Warrior Suggestions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by MaddielynBlackStar, Jun 20, 2018.

1. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

First and Foremost. DBG doesn't really read these half the time nor really listen to their player base but anyways starting off.
    New AA. Adds the ability to wield a 2handed weapon in primary only, while still enabling off hand and shield.
    Reasons: Warriors DO NOT HAVE SPELLS. Warriors were build for DUAL WIELD tanking (including raid targets) This issue has yet to be resolved almost 10 years later.
    This is enable warriors to have a bit of a stat boost tanking, and a slight dps boost while not tanking. two handed weapons generate more agro per swing then 1hander. This would help with current agro issues in some small way.
    Do any that would say this would make warrior OP...etc...
    No. Reason why, pally and sk have some form of hp self buff+ac. They have abilities to heal themselves in many ways. Warriors Do not. At least give us something unique to our class since you given knight classes stances.
    If DBG ever did listen and thought about this, possible things that would need reworked or nerf would be dual wield stance. As it stands the damage value would be way to high if warriors could dual wield with a 2hander+off hand. And for anyone saying this would make warriors too high dps shield tanking, I will simply say this...remove weapon stance and attack a dummy with your 2hander...you will see how the damage from it would not be OP.
  2. Rumplestilskin Lorekeeper

You boggled my brain. Fix it please.
  3. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

I am not a priest class I don't fix things :p
  4. Repthor Augur

so wait you want warrior to use a 2 hander and a shield. and claim its cuz of aggro issues?? how about no. and you need to use the tool your givein if you have aggro issues not equip a dps centric setup with shield ac

answer to duelweild is NOT to slap a 2hander on it to fix whatever it is you feel is wrong with it
  5. Fintank Augur

Kind of confused as to why... Can duel wield tank current end game raids, can also 2hander tank current end game raids. Just like you could do the same last expansion, and the expansion before that etc. Answer to your problem = Use your 2hander, tell your healers to heal you.

I think if you just want something added to the class to make us "special" you should go the route of things that can't already be accomplished and make sense for the class itself. Warriors are already better mitigation wise in raids. The only thing knights have on us is self healing, but if you have a cleric on you the point is moot. Granted if you play an average warrior against a very good knight, the pendulum swings more in their favor and they probably out mitigate you. I've yet to run into any knights (or warriors ;P) that sustain a lower AVG hit and eat more damage than I can/do. The name of the game is all about rolling your defensive CD's smart and efficiently, I monitor all my incoming melee hits and pop discs according to that.
  6. Lianeb Augur

Would love to see some average dmg parses.
  7. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Tell that to my warlord's grasp that doesn't work on raid targets. Tell that to my war only blade that doesn't even come close to knight class 1hander. Again if we are expected to use shield we need to have weapons that equal using it. Yes I have invested wurmslayer, but that already an expansion old and the 110 war only blade a joke just like sarnak was. So why not give us an option to wield 2hander and shield, or dual wield 2hander+offhand, it would not hurt anything and again 2handed generates more agro yes, that is a side bonus, its mostly for the increased damage(which damage itself generates agro) and for better stats.
  8. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Like to know how many clerics it takes for you to 2hander tank a raid boss...please enlightment, cause best possible gear and running full tribute and power source you could EASILY even with culmantive be one rounded potential on a raid boss I think you are just talking out your rear end no offense. Unless you have enchanter rune rotation spam+cleric DI spam regardless a lot of resources being spent, and even still dual wield not any better still get easily rounded, lets see you tank cudgels in t2 event 2 with duel wield with the tomb rot debuff...see how long you last.
  9. Lianeb Augur

Because this isn't WoW and warriors do not need to do more DPS, we are fine where we are.
  10. Evast Lorekeeper

Beat me to it - I was going to try to get in before the whole "let's start dual wielding 2 handed weapons"
  11. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

What does this have to do with WOW? Not in any way related. War were not built to be shield tanks that was only imposed on us SOF+. When they decided to add shield aa's to the game. Its because DBG decided to do some dumb wow like raiding mechanics on EQ that has caused a lot of recent issues. But I am not even touching that subject...
  12. Warpeace Augur

13. Evast Lorekeeper

In your first post, you said that Warriors are meant to be Dual Wielding tanks...so why push for a shielding tank? (2hander + shield still equals shield)
  14. Elskidor Augur

I prefer all tanks do less dps actually but that ship has long since sailed down a different path. Tanks on live are on crack, especially SKs, but I guess I'd happily take any boost they decide to give my Warrior. Sure beats a series of nerfs.
  15. Elskidor Augur

Dual wield 2 spiked shields!
    Rumplestilskin likes this.
  16. p2aa Augur

I don't think this idea of 2hander + shield is good. As said, we don't need more DPS than we have atm.
    Our single target aggro has stagnated this expansion. We don't have any aggro problem, but we need to use all we have to keep it against the best DPS classes, including aggro mods that we were not needing to use before. To be watched next expansion.
    I think sometimes that knights are too close of warriors too, but at the same time it's hard to find any solution that would not break balance between tank classes.
    Give warrior a raw mitigation boost, and you end again with the problem of mobs boosted to compensate, and knights end to be unable to tank any raid mob, including adds (35 % Stance for warriors and 0 % for knights back then).
    I think we could get a bit of self healing stuff, without hate attached to it. When Harmonious Precision has been nerfed, the heal portion has been very nerfed too. 12 k heal proc was decent to have.
    Maybe look into boosting heal over time of some of our abilities, like Warlord Resurgence.
    One other suggestion I have is AE aggro. We have been very nerfed (Harmonious Expanse + Wade Into Battle), and got nothing to compensate.
    We need imo a new AE aggro disc that we could activate when we need it (no Harmonious passive aggro fail). Would give us 2 AE aggro discs options (don't speak to me of Roar of Challenge AA as an AE aggro option, just rubbish hate). And we would still be very far to threaten SK AE aggro power (which is nice as SK should be the king of AE aggro amongst tanks).
  17. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Because its pretty obvious DBG not going to remove the shield aa line and replace it with workable dual wield mechanics. I would love it if they did but that something we all know will never happen.
  18. Fintank Augur

Obviously the following is a bit unflattering for a Tank Parse since 2-Handed Proficiency is on for all of it.
    Below parses are for tanking Xygoz with 2hander out till its death, 751s.
    /GU Tanking summary for: Fintank --- Total Melee --- Damage: 15273430 --- Avg hit: 30486 --- Attempts: 704 --- Riposted: 3/704 [0.43%] --- Parried: 6/701 [0.86%] --- Defended: 9/704 [1.28%] --- Missed: 161/695 [23.17%] --- Hits: 534/695 [76.83%] --- Absorbed: 33/534 [6.18%] --- Real Hits: 501/534 [93.82%]
    DirDmg --- Damage: 919583 --- Avg hit: 114948 --- Attempts: 8 --- Hits: 8/8 [100%] --- Real Hits: 8/8
    DoT --- Damage: 799174 --- Avg hit: 99897 --- Attempts: 8 --- Hits: 8/8 [100%] --- Real Hits: 8/8 [100%]

/GU -vs- Xygoz, Fintank was healed by: --- Cleric: 6905522 --- Cleric: 6202081 --- Fintank: 1516534 --- Shaman: 1243523 --- Paladin: 608027 --- Shaman: 542620

/GU Xygoz in 751s, 1501855k @1999807sdps --- Fintank + pets 93118k@123992sdps (123992dps in 751s) [6.2%]

Both Shamans were out of group, assuming mainly splash heals but maybe some single targets in there. Group Makeup = Warrior, Warrior, Cleric, Cleric, Paladin, Beastlord. 0 Enchanter runes cast.

Have tanked multiple adds on Vault many times, with duel wield and 2hander alike. Not hard if you have a solid healer or 2 and know your discs. Pushing your class to DPS and do your job to perfection or more should be the goal every Tank has. Tomb Rot won't stop you from doing it either, maybe not 2hander with multiples and Tomb Rot but Duel Wield absolutely.

Unfortunately I don't have any parses since we got into farm mode (Ranger > Warrior) but I was able to find some from a few months back on our website. I also didn't appear to post the timestamp for event length on them either, that's a bad Fintank.

Fell Foliage:
    Tanking summary for: Fintank --- Total Melee --- Damage: 12,379,188 --- Avg hit: 22,027

Tanking summary for: Shadow Knight --- Total Melee --- Damage: 6,936,865 --- Avg hit: 26,578

Tanking summary for: Paladin --- Total Melee --- Damage: 5,253,258 --- Avg hit: 24,321

Tanking summary for: Paladin --- Total Melee --- Damage: 5,069,008 --- Avg hit: 24,370

Tanking summary for: Paladin --- Total Melee --- Damage: 2,275,460 --- Avg hit: 26,770

Tanking summary for: Warrior --- Total Melee --- Damage: 1,160,956 --- Avg hit: 29,768

Crypt Robbers (This was during learning phase, so many attempts with low numbers and the numbers are obviously very high values in total):
    (10/10 Attempts) Tanking summary for: Fintank --- Total Melee --- Damage: 69,542,567 --- Avg hit: 14,482

(10/10 Attempts) Tanking summary for: Shadow Knight --- Total Melee --- Damage: 42,182,108 --- Avg hit: 17,409

(10/10 Attempts) Tanking summary for: Paladin --- Total Melee --- Damage: 37,514,968 --- Avg hit: 15,716

(5/10 Attempts) Tanking summary for: Shadow Knight --- Total Melee --- Damage: 23,969,884 --- Avg hit: 16,174

(10/10 Attempts) Tanking summary for: Paladin --- Total Melee --- Damage: 21,858,880 --- Avg hit: 16,906

(10/10 Attempts) Tanking summary for: Paladin --- Total Melee --- Damage: 8,439,452 --- Avg hit: 18,796

(4/10 Attempts) Tanking summary for: Paladin --- Total Melee --- Damage: 8,404,567 --- Avg hit: 16,415
  19. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Wish they go back to raids requiring disc rotation of wars on raid bosses too that would be nice to have again, instead of one tank all raid fight rotating disc but those days are gone sadly. I agree our ae is lot of to be left desired like to see storm blade ae line have increased range that would help a lot but unfortunately would be probably OP. Again I doubt it but still. Yes SK should always be the best AE agro class there job is adds and kiting in raids that their role, but when an SK can easily pull agro without trying to a warrior on a single target because of warlord's grasp nerfs that is an issue. Its been happening a lot on raids i don't know sk's abilities so i am not sure which one it was but they have one that makes them top agro on raid targets taht we can't....well..yeah...anyways, leave that a lone. Having the ability to 2hander in primary+off hand or shield would give us even more single target agro and boosted stats that would set us apart. We are a pure melee tank class. I mean other ideas of having self regen would be cool, even a %based heal with a fair CD would be interesting, or some sort of bleed over time damage would really be nice, lots of suggestions we could make. Glad your adding some ideas to it :)
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If your warriors can’t hold aggro on a single mob that is getting hit only by sk aes, they’re Warrioring wrong.

I said this on one of the harmonious nerf threads awhile back, but I always thought it’d be cool for war/pal to have an ability like Insidious Deflection.

IE, something fast to use, with a fast reuse, for a small amount of pb ae hate and/or other minor effects. Having an active tool for quick tagging and the like would be a nice QoL change for classes with less overall ae hate tools.