Worth doing HoT progression at 94?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by KateL7, Jun 17, 2018.

1. KateL7 Lorekeeper

We have been doing other stuff so are 94. I was curious about HoT progression only because I loved Fear back in the original game and I was curious to see the fear reboot. But I would only really want to do it if the exp/gear is worth while. If it is mostly light blue at 94 maybe I should move on to the next place? Wherever that is.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Experience will certainly be better in other zones such as doing heroic adventures. There are trophy rewards for completing zone missions. If your toon is a heroic character you will receive augs for completing missions in feerrot and HOT. These augs are not uber but they might be nice upgrades until you replace them along the way. The hunter achievements will give you bags but the bags are not really that great in terms of size. It really comes down to content and if you are enjoying it or not. If your main goal is to level and gear I would say skip these zones for now. If leveling is not your top priority and you enjoy this expansion I would say start working on the quests and missions and play it out.
    Quatr and KateL7 like this.
  3. KateL7 Lorekeeper

Thank you :) I think I will skip to 100 and do some higher progressions.
  4. moogs Augur

They're easy and fun. My friend and I teamed up to do them all. Some of the trophies are very nice and there's the bag and rabbit illusion. You can give taskadds to guildmates at 75+; they do not need to zone in for the experience reward. It's something to have on the back burner when you need a change of pace.
    Sagarmatha and KateL7 like this.
  5. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Also, there are some easy to get and decent Augs in HoT, so if your missing some 100+ HME augs this is a good place to get them on the way up to 110.
  6. Gundolin Augur

I liked the HoT progression, not sorry I finished it before going on to CoTF. I did end up skipping a lot of RoF and VoA. But in terms of gear and XP CoTF is much better than you will get in HoT.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

For XP doing the progression is not worth it imo.
    The only thing it'd make sense for imo is some discontinued spell/ability-lines that you need faction for for the turn-in of the spell-gems. But only until you have reached whatever faction you need too.
    Other than that, "benefits" from completing expansion progression only begin with CotF iirc.
    KateL7 likes this.
  8. KateL7 Lorekeeper

Thanks, someone in game told me to start woth COTF too. I did some earlier progressions but I found them grindy and not worth it. If I am gonna do more I would like to get something good from it.

Although, I really want to see the new Fear zone.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

Don't dismiss ROF T1 and T2 if you don't have one of the charm anniversary augs. Stone of landing is still nice when fully evolved. Would not be top priority but something to keep on the back burner.
    KateL7 and Quatr like this.
  10. Yimin Augur

You will regret not getting the bunny rabbit ! Worn Old Rabbit's Foot , this is for finishing everything in HOT
    Illusion: Polka Dot Bunny

YiMin
  11. moogs Augur

There are named mobs galore and their loot is worth a ton of tribute points. Extra bonus: You won't die just by zoning in.
    KateL7 likes this.
  12. KateL7 Lorekeeper

lol cool, im gonna do the progression just enough to go in there
  13. moogs Augur

Pretty sure it's open. The need for progression was removed.
    KateL7 likes this.
  14. KateL7 Lorekeeper

Oh wow, thanks! I will check that out when server comes back. I just want to see it and maybe kill nameds for some loot. Then I will keep levelling somewhere else.