Drusella's Vault

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cailen, Jun 15, 2018.

1. feeltheburn Augur

think guilds need take a look inward on this, since the nerfs on it its almost become trivial. just saying, its NIGHT AND DAY easier since its original form.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Enchanters need something to do on raids. Imagine on this event if they could mez the roaming goos. Now they are busy doing crowd control stuff, and would help casual guilds avoid (hopefully) the goos as well...
  3. Horyuken Augur

This is not a true statement. They changed the max value for HP to a 64 Bit number a while back. We will never see the max value for Boss HP anytime soon.
  4. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

That wasn't the case during Beta. They specifically had to adjust Cackiti to 32 bit numbers for this exact reason. Converting stuff isn't as simple as oh just change it to 32 bit or they would have done the same with Bazaar, max plat, some of the new tradeskill items which used to stack to 1000 and when sold would cause rollover issues etc because of the sale value.
    kizant likes this.
  5. kizant Augur

You sure it's not a signed 32bit max value like the money? Could have sworn it was an issue the last couple expansions.
  6. Monkman Augur

Iirc cactiki is the most hp we will see on a boss until they upgrade to 64bit... which is why you have fights like t2-3 and t3-2 where you’re forced to fight multiple bosses simultaneously. Expect more of this in the future
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  7. Nniki Augur

Zhaunil_AB and Prathun like this.
  8. Sindaiann Augur

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

I was agreeing that enchanters dps on t2 vault wasnt important pre or post nerf.

I was responding to the question "Why?" and who Lianeb quoted.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Soo, what would happen if someone gave Cactiikii a HP-buff in the beginning of the fight? Are there any HP-buffs you can cast on aggressive mobs?

If there is. it might get exploited!
  10. Horyuken Augur

The data type used to store NPC HP was raised from 32 to 64 bit a few months after the launch of Ring of Scale, increasing the maximum HP from 2,147,483,647 to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807. We will not hit this new cap anytime soon.
    :)
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Got a link to source?
    I recall the quoted adjustment of Cactus HPs due to the limit, but nothing about a change in the datatype or anything similar.
    In fact i find it somewhat unbelieveable even, especially since i was under the impression that the EQ client was a 32bit piece of software...
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

It certainly is easier, with less movement alltogether and less randomness going on.
    But the issue that the OP was about hasn't been touched now, has it?
    DPS requirements are still very much the same - only ppl now have a somewhat easier time to bring whatever they have to bear now.
  13. Horyuken Augur

14. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

was a typo. meant to say T2 event 3. but it's kind of funny that you jump from my comment of "the event will be interesting" to "the sky is falling"...
  15. Nniki Augur

The size of a data type and a software's targeted architecture are two different things. As long as CPU instructions can be generated to perform operations with a value of that data type for the targeted architecture, it isn't an issue.
  16. Itaru Journeyman

The client is still 32 bit, which doesn't matter in this case, since the server doesn't send the client the actual HP value, only the % (0-100)
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Thanks, that's far more plausible than the above reply.
    Also, Jumbur linked the source in another thread too, so i'm up to speed again ;)
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Just some general info:
    It is possible for 32bit programs to use 64bit variables. The program just have to split operations on 64bit variables into smaller operations, taking multible clockcycles in total instead of one. This is done on the compiler level, and is in many cases transparent to the developer*.

* exceptions are when the data-variables are "tightly packaged" together into some struct and manually accessed through pointer arithmetics and manually calculated offsets, which is sometimes the case for older heavily optimized code(or when it is important to fit data into regularly sized network-packets? or very inflexible data-structures?). Or when you want data to be transfered between 2 different platforms(like cpu-gpu or client-sever).
    It is rarely done this way nowadays since it is so cumbersome and inflexible, but if you have really tight bandwidth-limitations(like 28.8k bit modems!), it can make sense to make optimizations like this to avoid network overhead...?
    This is probably the issue with the baz-price-problem.
  19. Siny Augur

First major win ( including all the achieves) for the newly formed Age of Unity guild (merger of D'Pikeys and Raging Fury) 21:59:58. News item soon : http://ageofunity.net/news/ :))
  20. Axxius Augur

Grats to Raging Pikeys :D