As if Skyfire wasn't bad enough

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saelemdar, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Saelemdar Journeyman

DBG, MUST you have mobs randomly pathing through the wizard port in? There's nothing like porting into the zone and getting jumped by 3 mobs.
  2. -----Cinexa----- Elder

Did you play in the original Skyfire? The wizard port in was just as dangerous. It's keeping with the old school theme...
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Didn't they even move some mobs away to make that port somewhat safer?
    The original Skyfire, in era, was probably the most dangerous port you could get.
    In contrast, they've taken GREAT care for this incarnation - even they do learn.
  4. Imak Augur

Original release Kunark Skyfire wizard portal platform was a deathtrap. Believe it was sometime during Velious when devs changed pathing in the vicinity to make the immediately landing area safe.
  5. bigpapa Augur

when they put mobs right at port in and they kill you even before you can see the screen , there is something wrong.......
    yosco likes this.
  6. kizant Augur

The idea of this port is that you use this on people you find annoying. Lots of people just click accept and don't pay attention where they're going and assume you did guild hall or something they asked for. So, it should work fairly often. Use one of the 3 bind options you have to bind yourself at the camp.
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Just enter the zone the normal way like all of us without ports have to do.
    It's pretty safe.
  8. segap Augur

They likely screwed up and gave Wizards the Druid location and Druids the Wizard one.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I haven't been jumped by mobs at port-in for months now.
    The run from port-in to the camp is also fairly straight forward. However I only use the gate-version, as everytime I use the group port, someone in group always seems to get aggro, on the way to camp. :confused:

I wouldn't complain If they gave us the druid port-in though. ;)
  10. Allayna Augur

The original Druid port in RoS beta was insta-death without lev.

Have you tried actually contacting a dev and requesting it be relocated to...the huge spire in the city?
  11. Diani Augur

Well, Tishan's Relocation was always one of my favorite spells...
    Landing in Skyfire, instant agro only to discover that the healer was left behind because Tishan's relocation isn't a proper port but an evac.
  12. Yruc Augur

Yeah back in the day it was a death trap. You would need to have someone who could invis the wizard start casting invis, then right before the invis hit, the wizard cast the port spell, then the invis spell land on the wizard, then the person would invis themselves and generally that was pretty safe. Otherwise, hope you loaded the zone fast and had sow..
  13. RandyLahey Elder

Reminds me of my Druid playing days way back when porting people to Wakening Lands when Wuoshi was up :p
    moogs likes this.
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

There's no reason for the Wizard port to not be the same as the Druid port. If we're going for "old school" feel then the Druid port shouldn't be in a safe place either...
  15. svann Augur

I always make sure my instant evac is ready before I port to SF.
    Anyway, old school was cazic port. My little wizzy died many times cabbing people there. There was no instant evac then, and we got the port at much lower level than the zone.
  16. Imak Augur

If we are going for old school then things are currently precisely as they should be. This is all how it was when original Kunark released.
  17. Zunnoab Augur

Frankly I think the game has gotten better over time. I'd rather not see design go backwards. If I wanted that I'd be on Project 99 or a progression server, which is why the regressive tuning design of the game's abilities the last few years annoys me so much. Revisiting old zones with new content is an opportunity to feed on nostalgia while also improving on the past.

I'm not saying the wizard port is in dire need of being changed, but "it used to be that way" isn't a very good reason in my opinion.