Drusella's Vault

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cailen, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Cailen Augur

So nobody new has beat this event since March 28th despite retuning the event multiple times but yet you keep nerfing classes DPS. I for one feel bad for the guilds that haven't beat this yet.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Since they've hit bosses' max possible hitpoints with RoS, they have to nerf the DPS so they can reduce the HPs again somewhat - else we'll be doing Jelvan/Reaper-style events for the rest of the life-cycle :)
  3. kizant Augur

They've nerfed that event a bunch of times already. What are people having trouble with?
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Well, my take is that this thread, despite it's title, isn't as much about that event but more about the ENC nerf.
    To answer you though, i'd say the common issue of the guilds that haven't beaten this yet IS the DPS - or figuring out which targets to prioritize. As i keep saying, not everyone is able to produce the numbers of the top5 or top10, yet events are apparently designed with that in mind.
  5. kizant Augur

Yeah, that's probably what the real complain is but there really isn't much of a link between the enc nerf and Vault though. Nothing has enough hit points for dots to really matter except for the bones/oozes and they need fire/cold damage. It's more likely other issues.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I have not seen an event I don't think could be beaten with moderate dps. Strong dps makes things easier for sure. But very few modern events can be beaten with bad dps. You can't just tank and heal through it. The rest of the raid needs to do something too.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Quite right.
    Yet, "bad DPS", "moderate DPS" and "strong DPS" are quite relative terms and as such dependant on what you are used to.
    In general, as you say, the more DPS you have the easier a time you have in EQ. And that's a bad thing in general in my eyes since this trend does not allow much for different raid-setups and there aren't too many variants of how to do things. For example, too many class-abilities are negated in raids by immunities...

RoS T2.2 is an example where "strong DPS" matters, other examples were EoK T2.2 and ofc EoK T2.3.
    If i compare some vids from top-guilds to our way of doing things, things die that much quicker; and there's guilds with less DPS than us. For each, the very same event plays very differently. Queen for example: It IS quite a difference if you were able to produce script-breaking (and i use that term with intent) DPS that caused the 80% set of adds to only appear when the Queen was already close to 60% again and you only really had to deal with 4sets and hardly needed to worry about mounts because Queen was dead before they mattered, or if you whittle Queen down slowly but surely and run the risk of running into the power-up.
    These differences are there, they matter, and in events like RoS T2.2 they make or break your success.
    You can only dismiss them if you are in a guild with "strong DPS" - everyone else has to worry about reductions in DPS by some nerf big-time. I can understand that people are upset over DPS nerfs in general and specifically, since especially in RoS T2.2 the recently nerfed ENCs with their 3dots and DDs were "more useful" than the more-made-for-longer-fights NECs with their 20.
    While such a nerf does not matter much for the individual or the top guilds, it can well matter much for others - to the point of making events that were in-reach even undoable for a certain force.
  8. Allayna Augur

Nerfs don’t really affect top tier players. They adapt, overcome, put in time on dummies to re-maximize their dps after the nerf...

Those affected most by nerfs are casuals.
    Playful, Tiggold, Xeladom and 2 others like this.
  9. gotwar Gotcharms

Enchanter's didn't do much on Vault anyway. You can fire up Bolstering Aura during goos and skulls and put a Wizard on autofollow and be at like 80% efficiency on that one.

Sathir Line, on the other hand... guilds that are struggling to get through Vault may have a rough time with post-nerf Enchanter DPS on that event.
    kizant and Sindaiann like this.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

*sigh*
    Nerfs affect everyone - only the impact on guilds/raid-forces are different.
    Whereas the mentioned "top tier players" might only feel a slight dent in their (combined) numbers, that same dent is crucial for some other guild's progress.
    And whether ENCs "didn't do much on Vault anyways" would, i reckon, depend entirely on how you do/can do/have to do things. I would agree when we're talking guilds where the adds don't last longer than 2-3secs each and traps are dead before their 2nd set of adds spawns. If however we're talking the same event but the kind of crowd that struggles more with adds, perhaps doesn't even finish all adds before the phase timer's up, that's where the damage+stacking of ENCs (and other classes with high-dmg stackable dots) gain more focus and importance.
  11. Sancus Augur

I'm trying to respond to this without being snarky, but what? Half the classes in the game are DPS classes. Do you really think them playing better shouldn't make you have an easier time?

Events that necessitate a basic level of DPS are not mutually exclusive with events that can be defeated in different ways or with different raid compositions.
  12. Monkman Augur

Any Druids that are in guilds beating their heads against the wall trying to beat this event. Come over to xegony check out our web page

www.machin-shin.net

Well show you how the pros do it.
  13. Astinox Journeyman

Wouldn't surprise me if raids that are having problems beating this event are still wiping due to people not paying attention during the event. Stuff like avoiding Drusella's aura, the blade auras, the slimes, not staying in heal range while getting nuked / dotted by adds, and putting trash in summon mode when Drusella is standing right on top of said trash mob. Losing control of golem positioning, and getting lurched / double golem stomped, can be pretty lethal too.

Yeah, it's mostly stuff that's been nerfed, but if enough people in the raid do not pay attention to said stuff then this raid can, and will, still tear you a new one. DPS won't mean a whole lot if they, and the rest of the raid with em, are dropping like gnats.

Just a guess though.
  14. p2aa Augur

Kudos to the 16 guilds that have beaten Drusella's Vault pre nerf. Was the real gatekeeper of this expansion. As not any guild since then has been able to beat the event, despite 2 nerf rounds, I guess the gap between the 16th guild serverwide and the 17th guild and beyond is very important.
  15. Shredd Augur

The Vault is all about situational; awareness.
  16. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

In EOK T2.2, strong dps was certainly not required. but as with most things the weaker your dps, the stronger your tank/healing group has to be. There is absolutely a minimum dps required in order to prevent getting into power ups and to make sure you can kill the mount, but that amount is very much mid-range, especially these days. The queen event was more about being able to follow the mechanics and deal with the adds than being able to induce "script-breaking dps".

RoS T2.2 will be an interesting event to see after the chanter nerf though.
  17. Lianeb Augur

Why?
    Enchanters certainly are not make or break on this raid. Just curious your reasoning or is this just "the sky is falling" spewing?
  18. smash Augur

Sure, it has been nerfed, but imo the nerf has not made it too easy. The goo/bones has lost some hps but could easily lose 1/3 more hps, could also remove 1 of the 2 deathslime for each goo. Without making it too easy.
  19. Sindaiann Augur

That just shows you who doesnt know what they are talking about.

Now T2.3 is a different story post enchanter nerf but it will still be fine.
  20. Allayna Augur

Yes....because the 2...maybe 3 enchanters in a raid of 54 carried it all...

It had nothing to do with running 6-8 wizards pre-nerf vault 2.0