What should a Druid specialize in?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Finfan, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Finfan Augur

I'm trying to use the system to develop the strongest solo character possible. I realized with my previous character that I made a mistake regarding how I used the AA's so I've started a new one who is now approaching level 30. I was wondering what would be the best casting skill to specialize in?
    Also, I am curious about augments. It seems most of them are no drop so you can't just go and buy new ones. I know you use distillate of whatever (what is that called anyway?) to remove them but are they recovered intact? It would be a real pain to have to go back and slaughter greys to get a new augment every time you wanted to upgrade equipment.
  2. Evast Lorekeeper

Specialization doesn't really matter all that much. All it does is reduces the mana cost for spells in that specialization field.

Given that, I'd recommend keeping up on all the casting skills so you reduce your fizzle chances.

As for removing augs it's Class X Augmentation Solvent - and all you do is buy the appropriate level of one, have it in your inventory and right click on the aug you wish to remove and remove it. It does not destroy the aug at all, just uses the solvent and places the aug on your cursor so you can place it back into your bags for safe keeping, or put it right back into your new piece of armor.
  3. Zalamyr Augur

Not a druid, so take it with a grain of salt, but there's 3 options for specialization at end game. Evocation covers nukes and some DoTs, Conjuration most DoTs and remotes, Alteration your healing.

Between them, I think I'd go with Evocation. It covers a lot of your most mana intensive spells. Ultimately, with all the ranks of secondary specialization out there, there's very little difference between your primary and the others.
  4. Finfan Augur

Thanks! Am I right in thinking it is the first one to go over 50 that becomes your specialization?
  5. moogs Augur

Alteration is the way to go, or no one will group or raid with you. And yes, it's the first one over 50. Evocation as the second spec.
  6. Sagarmatha Augur

OP asked about building a strong solo character, not a raiding one. No one will GROUP with a Druid that doesn't have alteration maxed? Who TF asks about specialization before grouping?

Those are high quality drugs you're taking. Care to share?
  7. complexication Kassina

Your point?

And you make it sound like no one groups with anyone so long as they have EVERYTHING DONE CORRECTLY. I mean, it's not like half the game is a box army or a powerleveled idiot who can't get a spell off without wasting mana on fizzling.

Oh wait.
  8. Finfan Augur

My choice was made and I went with Conjuration since the Stinging Swarm series are my most mana intensive spells. When I get to AA's I probably go for a secondary specialization in Evocation. I'm a soloist so healing is secondary to me. Some other questions now. For removing an Augment where does one obtain the solvent? Also, how do you take a screenshot? Yesterday I was in the bazaar and one of the traders was a gigantified Ogre all in black wearing a black witches hat. He was crowding out all of the other traders on the platform. I thought it was hilarious.
  9. moogs Augur

Not your business, but I don't use drugs. I'm not going to ask if you are on the spectrum.

hy·per·bo·le
    hīˈpərbəlē/
    noun
    noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles
    1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
      synonyms: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric;More
      informalpurple prose, puffery
      "the media hyperbole that accompanied their championship series"
      antonyms: understatement
    Origin
    late Middle English: via Latin from Greek huperbolē (see hyperbola).