Xegony Down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Monkman, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monkman Augur

Xegony down ... again
  2. Ghazghul Journeyman

2x in less than 12 hours :/
  3. Rayzen Elder

It doesn't say "down" but it says "locked". I may be wrong, but isn't the difference in that suggest that they took it down on purpose? If it had just crashed...it would merely say "down" on the server select screen, in red lettering.
  4. Goodn Augur

It did say down first, just like this morning. The server definitely crashed.

Locked just means that DBG has noticed the problem and managed to change the status...it's actually a good thing to see. It means that someone is working on the issue. Or feeding the hamsters...
  5. Roxxlyy Augur

Xegony crashed both last night and this morning, but we were able to bring it back up quickly both times. Unfortunate, but nothing too out of the ordinary. I was wrong here, we found a fix for this weirdness.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

And again...
    Yimin likes this.
  7. Yimin Augur

8. Allayna Augur

9. Roxxlyy Augur

We've found a potential fix for the issue, and will be pushing it with next week's game update. If the situation escalates we may look into hotfixing.
  10. Yimin Augur

Oh a hot fix sounds good :)

YiMin
  11. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

so what is your definition of escalate?
    Yimin likes this.
  12. Allayna Augur

Interesting that a server that crashed 3 times in a day doesn't merit a hotfix but this does...?

Hotfix Notes: May 18, 2018

*** NPCs ***

- Fixed a problem in Bastion of Thunder where a Chaotic Vortex would not teleport you to the next phase of the raid.
    - Fixed a problem in the Plane of War where the Effigy of Suffering would not teleport you within the zone.
  13. Horyuken Augur

Don't be obtuse, a hot fix to address NPCs that port has far less potential issue and unintended consequences. I'm sure they want to be sure not to impact the other servers to fix localized issues until it can be tested on a patch day.
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Status: 6/13/2018 11:54 PDT - We are currently investigating a potential issue with server: Xegony.
    So, whats the guess's on time frame, I think 3 hrs 23 mins.
  15. RandyLahey Elder

I'm gonna go with 5 hours...and then about 30 minutes afterwards there will be another emergency patch that lasts 3 hours :p
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Don't worry, it's only a potential server crash
  17. Allayna Augur

Since it seems to be affecting more than just Xegony now...perhaps a hotfix is warranted.
  18. Roxxlyy Augur

Xegony was in fact hotfixed at some point yesterday.

The issues with AB have to do with a hardware failure in one of our data centers. Ops is working to resolve this now. It is an entirely separate issue.
  19. Hludwolf Developer

To add more info, we pushed out a fix yesterday and restarted the server at 1pm and it has not crashed yet. Due to the nature of the problem, it will not have a patch note as we do not want other servers to be affected by people trying to cause this to happen on servers that have not come down yet.
    Yinla, Sumonerr_Tunare and Roxxlyy like this.
  20. Redhead Journeyman

Thanks for the explanation and the work ya'll do to keep the game up and running :D
    Hludwolf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.