Power leveling tips plaese

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nipper, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Risiko Augur

Option 1:
    • Pull mob with necro low level dot
    • Have your new characters damage the mob at least for 1 point
    • Feign deat on necro
    Option 2:
    • Park the necro
    • Create a bard on the necro account (this is a throw away character just to help with leveling your new characters)
    • Give DS to the bard from your mage
    • Pull mobs with the bard
    • Play AoE damage song on bard
    • Heal with cleric
    • Nuke with enchanter
    • The mobs will go down fast due to the mage DS, and because of the bard aoe song playing, you will most likely hit every mob with at least 1 point of damage to get the credit for the kill
    I do option 1 with my SK for leveling my boxes, and it is very efficient and easy. Pull, fight, dot/nuke from box, FD SK, Get back up on SK and finish the fight.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

The fastest power leveling I've ever experienced was with a Druid/Enchanter team.

High level druid for DS, high level chanter as puller/stunner.

1) Enchanter pulls entire zone (for my experience it was the entirety of undead lower guk).

2) Enchanter begins chain mez/stuns.

3) The low level group aoe blasts all mobs (easier if a cleric or bard or mage...anything that can aoe easily) for at least 1 pt.

4) Cast Legacy of Blades on Enchanter, since enchanter has so much aggro from mezz/stuns, mobs will only attack them, dying to DS.

5) Get 1-2 levels per respawn of zone.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  3. Numiko Augur

nice necro from 2015 :p I imagine in the 3 years that have past he may have gotten those levels he was asking about....
  4. RandomStrategy Augur

You know, I didn't even realize it.
  5. Chatoyan Elder

The mightiest of bumps.
  6. Risiko Augur

Wow... you know I didn't even notice that it was necro'd. I went back and looked at the reply that necro'd the thread, and it didn't even seem like it added anything to the thread. It would be like finding a random thread from years past and hitting reply to say "lol". Just bizarre o_O
  7. Bewts Augur

So a Mage Necro ench and cleric is going to be you 4 box? I suggest you rethink your final setup and consider running 6 instead of 4 toons.

It sounds like you’re trying to make the jump to a charm focused group? If so I’d suggest honing your charm skills in lieu of PL on the chanter to max level; too many people fall on their faces trying to learn to manage a charm based setup and end up returning to a tank focused group.
  8. MaxTheLion Augur

Nobody ever realizes it because nobody ever reads or researches before spewing garbage. Guy above me is a great example. Four posts before him mention/hint at it being a 3 year necro thread yet he still replies to the OP.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Six mages in a group together each killing mobs as fast as they could solo will level in less than half the time a solo mage would take.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm really curious to see how badly Trump cries when Hillary is successful in her presidential run. Trump will never be president of my country!
  11. Raytheon Augur

As a level 75 ranger with about 130pts of self-damage shield (more with Kilvas), I can get a toon from level 1-60 in about 5 hours using the following path on Phinny:
    1-7 - Field of Bone (3-4 pulls)
    8-12 - Kurns (2-3 Pulls)
    13-22 - Paludal (7-10 pulls)
    23-35 - Lower Guk (15-18 pulls)
    36-50 - Velks (20-25 pulls)
    51-60 Mow Griegs or Droga with pl toon in group.

I did this a few times as recently as Memorial day weekend. (had 50% bonus xp, but didn't use potions). If you aren't PLing a characer that can AE damage, PLing a 3rd character who can AE alongside is key. I use disposable bards or wizards generally for this purpose.
  12. Numiko Augur

Just shows you people like to give advice... even on 3 year old threads!
    :p
  13. Risiko Augur

LOL that's golden!
  14. TLP Addict Augur

Nah, he won't even run, he's just trolling, doesn't stand the slightest chance of getting elected.

I mean he's up against a Bush after all.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

That joke was first used in 1984 when Geraldine Ferraro was Mondale's running mate and G.W. Bush was Regan's. ;)
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

The joke was, "No matter who wins the election there will be a Bush in the White House." Both were VP candidates, not presidential candidates.
  17. Numzan Augur

A cleric, Enchanter is a great combo. I am digging it a lot. I even can Mez powerlvl, soon to charm fight. I wish i had played these two before. On live i had 12 accounts, still is lots of fun but you never fully experience the 2 box team like i am now. Nothing easy but when your trying to get caught up to each other it can be interesting.

Now a group is better for xp grinding. Having OOG toons really improve on dps, utilities. You can group the lower lvls with others, and OOG the mage for DS... OH good times.