Gift expansion?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Erad, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Erad New Member

Can you gift an expansion? If so how? If not why not?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No gifting. Why? Cause they said so.

The closest you can get is go buy a krono or gift card and give it to the person.
  3. Derd Augur

If you want to give them the expansion you can. Send them the money and let them purchase it. For you to gift it to them through Daybreak you have to have their account info, which Daybreak doesn't want you to do. Now if they are comfortable with you having their account info I guess you could login put your credit card on there buy it and hope they never charge anything else to your credit card.
  4. moogs Augur

Delete billing info after the purchase? But seriously, don't share logins to begin with.
    Quatr likes this.
  5. Derd Augur

I agree, but every few months when the obligatory "gift expansion or account time" thread pops up, they get told to send them a prepaid visa card and what they are asking for would be done. They respond that dbg should be the one fixing this "problem." So I included another way to accomplish the task.
  6. Coffee Journeyman

I was buying some station cash and thought that I would buy enought to purchase the expansion to. Didnt realize you cant buy it with station cash. So mad at myself. Probably not going to buy expansion now.
  7. Ghubuk Augur

There was a huge scam with gifting of expansions where person(s) were selling expansion codes in game.
  8. Ghazghul Journeyman

/lol A Cleric which shall not be named
  9. Roxxlyy Augur

There is currently no way to gift an directly expansion to another player, and unfortunately at this time we are not working on adding this feature.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

The closes thing to gifting now is sending someone funds to PayPal so they can buy it that way. It was nice not having to buy each expansion on my box accounts back in the day from there account and just make all of the purchases from my main account.
  11. Redhead Journeyman

I think that for a limited period of time they did allow you to purchase the expansions with station cash, I want to say it was right before EoK was released, in the fall sometime. But yeah, it's not something they do anymore. :oops:
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This at most works if you are in the same country, possibly now not at all anymore, since the names are different on card/account-info on file.
    Their "changes" to how billing is processed have prevented me from doing that last Xmas, when before i could.
    That thing with the prepaid credit card also only works if it's the same country - same problem.
    So yes, for the time being we're pretty much stuck the impersonal "gift" of transferring money onto their account and have them buy it themselves. Quite stupid if you ask me NOT to have some form of "gifting card" - even mobile phone providers have that and you can buy their cards at every supermarket *sigh*.

They should really put it on the store, and as a tradeable/clickable in-game item, somewhat similar to the character doll from the loyalty vendor, only with the "content" of an expansion and playtime (i.e. buy a sub at a sub-price, instead of buying x kronos and "gifting" them).
  13. Derd Augur

I like the idea of a tradeable item, but expansions no longer give the free month, if that's what you meant by "play time." Reread your post , you mean add a way to gift subscription time by tradeable item also? I see no way they would as the krono does that already. I'd assume a expansion token would also carry a small profit cost also.
  14. Lianeb Augur

Should just allow purchase of expansions via Krono. 2-3 Krono to purchase it.
  15. Redhead Journeyman

Now THAT is a great idea! :)
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They haven't allowed you to buy expansions with Daybreak/Station Cash since they stopped allowing you to buy subscriptions with it.
  17. Redhead Journeyman

Found it, I was off by a year. =) This is what I was referring to - https://www.everquest.com/news/september-producers-letter-holly-longdale-everquest look at the last 3 sentences - it was something special. I was all access at the time, so don't know if they let you use SC to buy subscriptions too or not. But eh... again not something they do anymore.

"Also, for this limited time, you can also purchase The Darkened Sea at regular price if you want to use Daybreak Cash. This sale ends at 11:59PM Pacific on Wednesday, September 30, 2015!"
  18. smash Augur

Except doing so will cost them money.

People earn kronos from playing on tlp/fv servers.
    They already got the money for krono sale. So they would not get anything if you bought with kronos.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It's not so much that, they already got money for the Krono when you use it for your subscription too. It is more that the Krono's are calculated in as part of the subscription system since they are intended to be used to buy subscriptions. Expansions are a separate category which is game specific, and Daybreak, likely, is not interested in having to subtract X from the Krono/Subscription category which applies to almost all of their games with have subscription options and having to add it to a game specific expansion category.