When do I need to buy expansion?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gigantasaur, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Gigantasaur New Member

Hi everyone
    I recently started playing again and have leveled a few characters on live to around level 50. I've decided to sign up for all access today for the free auto-grant AA's as i continue to level and I was wondering at what level I need to be to access the newer expansions. Right now my account is 21/24 expansions and I'm not sure when I'll need to upgrade
  2. moogs Augur

Hi,

Don't bother revisiting the idea until you're close to 100. There are no "must have" features that will help someone at level 50. Take your time and enjoy leveling up and exploring the hundreds of zones that are open to you.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

@moogs is right, you have quite a while before you need to worry about it. The last three expansions (which you don't own) are primarily for 105+ players.

Possible reasons to buy the expansions earlier:
    • The Broken Mirror (3rd to last expac) has vendor gear that is relatively cheap and easy to maintain/upgrade every 5 levels. I think this gear is first available at lvl 75. It is not mandatory, and by "relatively cheap", you will probably need to sell a krono to buy it all. (That is still probably less than you would spend if you try to buy all the gear from the /bazaar as you level up).
    • Playing with your friends or other people in the newer expansion zones. Again, probably not for a while, and most definitely not before lvl 75 (TBM/EoK) or lvl 80 (RoS). This is mostly for a "power leveling" scenario, as you will not be worth the weight of the merc you are taking up a spot for until you are at least 100+.
    Historically, only the last two expansions were not given away freely, and The Broken Mirror was expected to be made free when RoS came out. However, DBG has only confirmed that this was intended, and has not given any further info about when (or if) TBM will ever be made free.