Original Class/Race Mashup for Progression Servers Only!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by northstar, Jun 6, 2018.

1. northstar Augur

Just a thought But either Gnome/Druid or Halfling/Mage would be a few neat combos. I do like the other mashups of class/race but seeing as we cant play them on Original content. Due to some being Expansion locked, I thought it might be a neat idea to have One or Two race/class mashups specific to original content only for Progression Servers. Specifically Agnarr due to it being PoP locked...

any feedback or thoughts would be welcome Thanks!!
  2. Sagarmatha Augur

Terrible idea.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Everyone will still roll dark elf enchanter.
  4. snailish Augur

I love the idea of new combos. Combos that fit the lore of the game (there's a bunch of Iksar, Half-Elf and Erudite gaps for example).

The last-added combos don't have home city trainers or start available yet though... so doubt anything gets added unless it also follows the "only Crescent Reach" start thing.

Server specific combos is interesting, as you would think it's a total no-go... but one of the Zeks had Vah Shir Druids (and rangers?) back in the day. So maybe this does exist as server toggle-able code...
  5. northstar Augur

The one thing is it would only be combo's from current content so for example, Agnarr couldn't have a Gnome/Zerker. but if it is within current expansion. it would be neat to see other races having more options. if you look at creation of a character. Humans, Erudite's, DE, and Gnomes have the most options out of all the other races...

Yes it would be neat also to have specific Server Class/Race Mash up...

not like any of this will ever happen however....
  6. Valanie Lorekeeper

Gnome Monk ftw
  7. Barathrum Augur

Drakkin SHM
    Drakkin Zerker
    More Drakkins More Drakkins
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Aaramis Augur

This^^.

The Waist Down Clan shall rule supreme.
    Risiko and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

BAH, Gnome monks are an abomination..

now a Gnome Beastlord.. well lets be honest that should have won their silly little poll a few years ago. WE bst was the dumbest combo of the available options to have won since you can literally already be one with 2 illusion items (quested one w/ pop to turn you into a woodie; marketplace one to turn your pet to that hideous treant model)
  10. Risiko Augur

Halfling bard.
  11. Numiko Augur

would be a ton of Dark Elf Rangers too!
  12. Arrk Augur

I second this and don't know why they ever did not include bard as a halfling class...
  13. RandomStrategy Augur

I would like an Ogre Enchanter.

I would name her MEPURDY.
  14. Risiko Augur

I always thought that a halfling would be right at home as a bard.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Where's ogremonk when you need him?
  16. taliefer Augur

Barbarian Paladins. The race was created by Mithaniel Marr for cryin out loud.
  17. code-zero Augur

This thread is the best argument ever for never releasing another TLP, ever....
  18. northstar Augur

only type of progression server I would like to see is time locked at OoW or Serpents Spine... I wouldn't mind making a Zerker or having a Drakkin. but other than that the continuous, progression servers with then dyeing out over time makes the grind seem not really worth it....
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

We did PoP-locked Agnarr to appease/attract the P99 crowd. I can't see any reason to ever do a locked server again.
  20. Chatoyan Elder

And every single one of them would be named some variation of Drizzt Do'Urden.
    Aegir likes this.