Playing again

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Freeidiot, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Freeidiot New Member

Thinking about playing again but wondering if anyone has a good list of things to do to get game set back up for me to lessen the stress of diving in? Played on mostly live servers and only once on a TLP but never in a guild on that and was wondering if any major changes have happened since last I played around 2015. Other than the level limit increase and such I can see on the main page and threads here. What I am meaning is any nerfs that some might find bothersome for chanter and mage duo or shaman and sk pairing for most part?
  2. Ghazghul Journeyman

Bring more than 1 toon, or play 1 toon that can molo with a merc. Grouping game, unless you have an established set of folks is almost nil. You can try and hang out in general chat, you might get lucky once in a while though. Most of the focus and CS is on TLP servers and not the live servers anymore so there's that aspect too.
  3. Freeidiot New Member

more so was wondering if they nerfed some things that i used to be able to do with my combos that i cant now due to AA removal or tweaks or bugs or what not

just mainly posting while installing game and since its huge like Gawdzilla might be a while lol

played on almost all the servers from beta testing to 2015 but the tlps just werent my bag since i lived thru original eq hardcore days and that was not fun in the least

also thinking about getting into the newer content just for level mainly and was wondering if shared task requirements also changed or were borked or whatever can a level 80 group with 110s? and if so can they join in the shared tasks or are they finally smart and locking the 110 shared tasks levels to out lower toons

i was also wondering how one survives the huge dmg dots and auras and dmg output from some mobs be it blocker type buffs like sk skins or paladin stun locks or what?
  4. slayerofbats Augur

5. Freeidiot New Member

i dont understand your post please elaborate :)
  6. moogs Augur

There have been nerfs to enchanters to strongly discourage unintended abilities such as rune tanking. They're still very strong if you play them normally.
  7. Freeidiot New Member

never really rune tanked per say just used it to keep from dying doing tbm HAs with him for most part mage pet would tank in that combo with healer and wiz mercs backing the duo

sk shaman had dps mercs both rogue and wiz was a pretty solid combo i was even able to box some older raids with that sk shm combo i know about the counter nerf to mc for sk but was any others huge as that and impact the healing vs tanking model?

side note : i played a little on an buddy ran and it was so limiting that i actually got the urge to come back to the real thing for more variety and i noticed on it some bugs still persist even on live (from the rof era client) which i see as sad and wondering why post about those bugs dont get them fixed but oh well tlps rule atm i guess