Another batch of questions.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Finfan, May 29, 2018.

1. Finfan Augur

First off, Ornaments. I take it these change the appearance of your costume. Now I am really not a fan of the skin tight leather T-shirt and Capri's look that my Druid has going so I was curious about what I can do to change that. Is there any way to figure out what an Ornament will look like? Is there the equivalent of a Sear's Catalog out there that I can look through?

Second how does one put an AA ability up on the hot button bar along with combat and spell abilities? I'm not even sure where to look to find them. I never used AA much when I played before so I am a little baffled by this.

Finally more of a comment than a question, but "Kids these days!". It seems like nobody calls trains anymore. I guess that is because most zones are so sparsely populated but still! Getting run over by what seems like an entire zones worth of mobs is annoying!
  2. Phiyre Augur

Press "v" to open your aa. Highlight the aa you want to hotkey.. When you highlight it, to the right of the window will have a button that says hotkey. Press that and you have a nifty box on your mouse you can put on your action bar..

Sorry about the train thing but it is probably because a majority of zones are vacant.. Most people playing now days are used to vacant zones, thus not calling a train. Other people who are new to the game probably have no idea they should call their trains..
  3. Phiyre Augur

Not sure about the ornament thing, but thought you had the option to preview it, maybe by holding right click on the item to get the item box to pop.
  4. S33k3r Augur

If you used /baz to find ornaments you click select the ornament and click on preview or hold alt key down and right click on item in baz window. Or if you are looking at the item you can hold alt key down and right click on item's image to get the preview.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Most ornaments require you to have purchased Hero's Forge ability from the marketplace - around $12 or less if you got it on sale recently. You will only see it listed in marketplace if you have not bought it for that character yet. This is not the full sets you see listed - don't buy those unless you want them. When you purchase this ability it will grant you a full set of normal heros forge which is kinda nice. All these ornaments that drop or are baz purchased fit into slot 21 which is up at the top of your screen when you look at an armor piece. You do not need distillers or removers to take them back out if you don't like the look.

Per Fanra:
    It costs a one-time purchase of 1200 Station Cash per character. You receive one complete set of No Trade basic style Hero's Forge armor appearance augmentations and unlock the ability to use Hero's Forge armor pieces.
    Viewing Hero's Forge armor may be disabled (for performance or aesthetic reasons) in the Options > Display tab > New Armor. You can choose to have it on for everyone (default), your raid, your group, yourself, or no one at all.
  6. Finfan Augur

Thanks all! I had one more question come to mind. Does "Resist Magic" help against bard songs? I'm just wondering if I'm wasting mana by keeping it in place.
  7. Sagarmatha Augur

Honestly, I miss classic trains. Even one of the load screen messages refers to how many trains Karnor's has served. It was actually a FUN part of the game. Sometimes you get trained, sometimes you train. If you have the wherewithal to call it, good on you. If not, expect to get b1tched at. It was just a part of the delightful, unexpected madness that was classic Everquest.

I remember camping the first corner in Karnor's (way, way, way back during the original Kunark) and watching a train of 20+ drolvargs and a fine compliment of undead running to the zone thinking, "those poor ba$." Supposedly, there was a system for zoning trains left and zoning in, right. Or was it the other way around? LOL. Sometimes, YOU'RE the poor ba$! I had a notebook filled with names of players I loved, and those that might see one of MY trains one day (wink).

There's not enough chaos in EQ these days. LONG gone are real trains, staring at your spellbook while medding (medding SLOWLY AF, for that matter), bags that could not be stored in other bags, and raid wipes/corpse runs that lasted until 0300 when you work at 0800. Oh yeah, no F ing maps! Print one out, keep it in a three ring binder, and max sense heading.

*sniff*
  8. Shanarias Augur

Funniest train I ever saw (announced) was in Paludal Caverns, and had about 20 Phlargs, a slew of recondites, and some of those owlbeast guys. It was colossal! Fortunately, the guy gave warning, and I saw it go by from way above aggro range.
  9. Finfan Augur

I think the most I ever managed was a couple of mammoths and a few snow orcs in Everfrost. Took them to the guard and kept moving until Halas just in case.
  10. Finfan Augur

I thought I would bump this thread instead of starting a new one. Can you get combat skillups from green cons? I still get xp from them but I am wondering if it is a waste of time to use them to work on skills. I am a Druid trying to keep my skills up, but leather armor doesn't offer much protection and most of the mobs nearer my level seem to hit pretty hard. Thanks!
  11. moogs Augur

You can technically get skillups from anything you can get xp from. It will be at a slower rate. You're better off fighting in classic or Kunark era zones where things don't hit too hard.
  12. Ghazghul Journeyman

I always had fond memories of seeing "Train Left" while sitting on the right side only to see Loading, Please Wait.............
  13. Freeidiot New Member

one man's train is another man's swarm pull! hehe

you can get skill ups even off pets in pvp areas if you are desperate to not die doing it via /duel
    or you used to be able to might have got the Nerf bat

did not play around with ornaments too much getting the hero forge thingy opened up a lot of achievements and it erked me on getting it on more of my toons in 2015 too many unattuners to even think about swapping out sets over various toons so i didnt bother on any more than just one

left trains sometimes came from panicked people specially if the train was big enough
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Who are you fighting? I ask because I can't think of many bard mobs to fight :) Also, what server are you playing on (it might help us to better help)?

Resist stats help to protect you from spell attacks, but they do not help your casting/songs/attacking. Resist Magic will help against any Magic-based spell. I think most mobs/casters cast some magic-based spells in addition to other resist-based spells (like Fire or Cold or Disease). Detrimental Bard songs also have resists, and the type of resistance check varies from song to song:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=703

When a mob hit's you with a fireball, there's a good chance (but not always) that it will check against your Fire resist. Here's an example:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=92

Many other spells check against Magic resist. Some common ones include Snares & Roots:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=230

Bottom line: All resists help. Magic resist is usually a safe bet to have for any/all caster mobs. You might consider tailoring the use of other resist buffs based on the mobs you are fighting, but I usually keep them all on me whenever I can. Knowing which mobs' spells check against which resists is not always obvious, and often requires checking a site like zam or eqresource (or the spell file in your eq directory).
  15. Freeidiot New Member

magic resist to lessen those pesky charms also

(post # increases while game installs ftw!)
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.