Lemme see UI!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mokumara, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Mokumara Elder

Just curious what people are using for UI'S. Trying to find something clean, or do most people just use the default?
  2. moogs Augur

3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I just use the default and move stuff around and resize the hot bars to my liking then lock all the windows. Back in the day I used custom UI but having to redo everything after almost every patch killed that for me. I prefer to log in and play - not have to make adjustments. Its not as often now but custom UI are just one more thing to go wrong:(
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  4. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

My UI & pretty dragon
    [IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar, Zyrek, Sabi and 3 others like this.
  5. atchoom Lorekeeper

i got several of my ui items from eqinterface.com / interfaces pieces and /or from the complete sets ( sometime just picking one item from the group one that i liked ),

when we got a patch and they changed the ui;s , mine so far still running ok without having to fix them.

what i picked :
    small eq button
    small map ( not shown on that pick )
    player window with stats
    targeting ring
    smaller merc window
    smaller selector window
    old eq icon...

when i log on, i got a red message saying that some files might not work , blah blah , but i never had any issues since i run them ( about 5 years ago ),

btw ,when you want to try something , you can create a new folder from your eq/uifiles and put the files you want to try to see if they work when you enter EQ.

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mokumara like this.
  6. S33k3r Augur

7. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

[IMG]

AYA with some self customized windows
    IblisTheMage and Mokumara like this.
  8. xukil of luclin Curator of a UI

IblisTheMage and Mokumara like this.
  9. Khat_Nip Meow

Mine taken a few months ago:
    [IMG]
    Most of it is Default with some modifications like borders and titles removed for everything. A few pieces are from different EQInterface sets that I liked.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. moogs Augur

This is what mine looks like right now. My halfling druid and his elf harem. The enchanter's mez kit hotbar is shared (single target mez extended targets 1-4), and the cleric's extended target window is shared. Mouse passes through...so I can target and heal peeps with cleric spells and mez from my druid without switching screens.

[IMG]
  11. Aurastrider Augur

I would show you mine but it would probably temporarily blind you and give you a headache. Love some of these custom UI's especially the see through chat screens. If I could just get that portion on mine I would be a happy camper.
  12. moogs Augur

Right-click where you type in the window, select Window > Alpha and then use the sliders for Normal Level and Faded Level, respectively. Any value below 100% will be partially see through. Is that what you mean?
  13. Aurastrider Augur

Something like Sirenne_Fippy posted where you can still see the background through the window. Honestly I would love for the actual chat portion to just be words and no box. I think it would be cool if the upper and lower portions of the box could be moved to a totally different area so I could have my chat show up at the top of the screen but my actual chat box where I type and the drop down settings portion are in a different area. That is way over my head though so I would be happy just settling for see through. I thought I had played around with the setting you had suggested but I will log in and give it a try.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

Well I feel like a newb now. Guess I never played around with the fade tools just changing the background color. First thing I do tonight when I can play is adjust all those pesky chat windows so I can see through them.
    Mokumara likes this.
  15. Khat_Nip Meow

Keep in mind that whatever terrain is underneath those windows can sometimes make it difficult to read the text at times. Just something to be mindful of.
    moogs likes this.
  16. Mokumara Elder

Love this one man! I like how everything is together on the left side of the screen. Easy to see and you probably have a good feel for it. I like seeing the world more than my UI. Also sick dragon shot!

Moogs I totally dig the couple hot bars across the top of your screen. For the couple clicks that you don't always needs but boom easy access when you do.

Very cool! Is that your armor inventory all the way on the right in the middle?? That is so unique, with all the clickies on armor now a days that make its so much easier than opening your inventory to click on a piece of armor.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

well was attempting to post my UI but cant get the picture to load. Even created a photobucket account as I have seen other suggest doing a search. I regret signing up for this site. Talk about countless adds and horrible site navigation. Any better sites to upload a photo to so I can link stuff on here?
  18. Mokumara Elder

Hey man I am not fluent with what/how you do things there, but it looks like there is a Insert/Edit image on the forum post. Did you try that?

After I posted I looked and saw most people used https://i.imgur.com or Photobucket
  19. Aurastrider Augur

well have tried like a million times and nothing will keep at it
  20. Aurastrider Augur

Ok giving up for the night. Nothing I try seems to work it just posts the actual url or a blank thumbnail.