Leveling Guide?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kilil, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Kilil New Member

Hey EQ,

I quit EQ at the end of PoP, I've pop'd in now and then but I'm re-installing again. Was wondering if there were any good leveling guides out there. Zones/areas/mobs recommended level by level? Any other good resources to look at?

If I recall I have a 58 Bard still, can bards effectively solo?

Input is appreciated!
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

There's only one leveling guide that I know of for the game, mine: https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/RoS/

I'd recommend googling your questions too, I'm assuming you didn't since it's pretty easy to find my guides through google searches for EQ leveling guides =P .. You'll get much better answers than what's usually provided to you here with just a quick google most of the time.

As for your second question, bards can solo really well at the lower levels, most classes can. Even more so if you have a Mercenary. Additionally, if you cough up 15$ for the monthly sub you'll get autogrant AAs and the ability to use Journeyman Mercenaries (a more powerful version of your mercenary). This'll allow you to solo into your 70s and 80s without any issues. After that you'll need to gear up to proceed
  3. Mokumara Elder

Hey Almars! Its nice to see ya on here! I read some of your recent post and I know you have been pretty busy. Hope all is well :) OP not to hijack the thread I just had a quick question in reference to the leveling guides that Almars has. So I have read through a lot of your guides (mainly leveling guides) I know its hard to keep up to date on everything, but some of the zone you list as "best xp" zones and such are not "hot zones" as http://everquest.allakhazam.com/suggests. Even if you have a zone listed as best xp would you believe it to still be the best xp weather or not its a "hot zone", or is a lot of that stuff out dated?
    Hey Kilil! Just curious what server you are on?? I'm leveling up a mage and I'm currently 58 too if you are ever looking for someone to game out with.
  4. Treiln Augur

There’s a few variables that come into play when considering “best xp”. Such as mob density, relative mob health, bonus xp (if applicable).”, etc.

Such as old world zones, like City of Mist (one of my favorite spots from 30-45), has decent mob density, low HP mobs, and give good experience per kill. Depending on what the hot zone for that level range may be, it’s almost quicker to just run through CoM. Can go 30-40 in no time at all. Also helps that everything in there is a social mob (meaning they’ll Aggro/assist if you’re within range/tag a close by mob), so pulls consist of 2-3 mins every time.

Hot zones were introduced and given an xp bonus (how much I do not know), to attract players to different zones and get off the beaten path. While they have an xp bonus, the mob difficulty/experience may not be worth it compared to other zones of similar level. Thus not always being the “best xp zone”
    Quatr and moogs like this.
  5. Rahkzar New Member

KarmaKitty, moogs and Elskidor like this.
  6. Tiggold Augur

I don't know of any guides but if I was starting out again with a fresh character I don't think I would leave the Blightfire Moor/CR area until I absolutely have to. I've heard you can go to like 60+ in BFM but unsure. I haven't played a toon from start for decades.
  7. Elskidor Augur

There are just too many zones to xp in it ain't funny. I'd take a mix of Almar's guide and the reddit link posted by Rahkzar above and go hunt away.
  8. Pantherin New Member

I can confirm that being a Bard (40), twisting three Healing Songs, Journeyman Tank, works well. Throw in some guild buffs, DB Experience Potions and Gear...it is easy mode.

I love being a Bard.