Laggin on raids after last windows update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Furking, May 30, 2018.

1. Furking New Member

Hi guys,

After last windows patch I am laggin, the more "hits I turn on" the more I lag.

Every virus scanner is turned off, and the computer should be able to run this old game ;)

I have a 300/300Mbit Fiber line and 0.00% lag in netstat

Any ideas?

-Furk

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.701961)]
    [COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)][20:42]

Jukster/Furking: Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804) Language: Danish (Regional Setting: Danish) System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. System Model: MS-7B46 BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/29/17 16:03:58 Ver: V1.00 (type: BIOS) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz Memory: 16384MB RAM Available OS Memory: 16338MB RAM Page File: 7122MB used, 11648MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 12 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled Miracast: Available, with HDCP Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

20:42]
    Jukster/Furking: Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce GTX 1080 DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Type: Full Device (POST) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B80&SUBSYS_85E91043&REV_A1 Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] Device Problem Code: No Problem Driver Problem Code: Unknown Display Memory: 16248 MB Dedicated Memory: 8079 MB Shared Memory: 8169 MB Current Mode: 2560 x 1440 (32 bit) (144Hz) HDR Support: Not Supported Display Topology: Extend
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So Windows patched and impacted your game. And you blame the game?

1+1 = Bushel of Apples?
  3. gotwar Gotcharms

Turn off search indexing for your EQ folder. Also make extra sure there's no scanners peeking into the EQ folder during operation. Windows Defender is notorious for this (even when "shut off") in Windows 7. Not sure if there's a W10 equivalent.

You can also hit up the /logint 1 command to reduce that a bit, but it will delay any GINA based audio triggers you have by ~1 second.

It's also good to keep in mind that, even with everything set perfectly, during a hard burn on a full raid you're still going to get a bit of lag (spell bar lockout in range of ~1ish second), but it should smooth out once the melee proc discs start to fade.

Straight up turning off your log file or shutting down GINA can also squeeze performance if you're really hurting.

Good luck!
  4. douxreve Elder

It is not an Everquest alone problem. All people using Orange provider got the same problem, a loss of info packages.
    Only people using Orange provider got the problem (south France and Spain). But the problem begun with the last EQ patch.
    So it seems its between DB and Orange.
    Maybe DB team should investigate what happened, cause Orange, of course, said its an everquest internal problem...
  5. svann Augur

Thats not what he said.
  6. Furking New Member

Hi Guys,

thank you for your feedback.

I_Love_My_Bandwidth,---> Not blaming the game, asking for help.

Gotwar --> Thanks will try that.

Disabled Windows defender all together :)

Will try removing search index
    Logint set to 1

I am not laggin via packet loss, I am literally reduced or 0.01FPS cant move cant do anything.

Tried removing all effects, from game, no difference.

-Furk
  7. moogs Augur

This week I stupidly updated a Windows 7 laptop with a single update and I didn't take the time to look at what it did. The screen was blipping on and off endlessly. I thought it was a display driver update so I uninstalled that, then I thought maybe it was a power manager software update so I uninstalled that. It made the laptop incompatible with its 45W AC adapter all of a sudden. Switching to a 65W adapter, everything was fine again. The update was not listed in the list of recently installed updates which made it all the more infuriating...especially since it was the final intended action before I was supposed to hand it to a new user starting his first day.

There was definitely a bad Windows update in May, whatever it was. Does anyone have the KB number?

OP, check your Nvidia Control Panel to ensure that you're using the 1080 for eqgame.exe. Check the advanced power settings in Control Panel and have a look at Processor power management and other relevant settings.

Of course your easiest solution is to use System Restore to roll back to a point before your last set of Windows Updates.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

There have been Windows Updates and vendor firmware updates to address the various Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities. May might have had another one of the patches which do impact CPU reported to be in the 5-20% performance range.
  9. Sarkaukar Augur

First, make sure Journal is off via Alt J. Even if you usually log, /log off to test.

Alt O, Display, make sure Vertex Shaders (hw) is CHECKED. Vertex Shaders can not be disabled (chuckles) or you would not have anything to look at, that box simply determines if it is done primary via hardware (hw) or passed off to software emulation (unchecked).

Also you likely use lots of audio triggers. Reinstall/update sound drivers.

And as mentioned, if no serious improvement, rollback to a previous saved point before the Windows update. As a reminder, Windows 10 updates drivers are enabled by default. You may want to view update history to see what else was updated besides Windows itself.
    Furking likes this.
  10. svann Augur

I cant tell from what you posted, but do you have the latest graphics driver?
    what is Jukster/Furking?

and what do you mean when you say "the more hits I turn on"?
  11. Furking New Member

Hey Svann,

Jukster / Furking is my nick names :)

In options --> Filters --> Other hits ect. the more I turn on in there (so I can log my dps ect. in Gamparse) the more I lag, but if I turn everything off and shut down Gina / Gamparse I still lag tons, only on raids though.

-Furk
  12. svann Augur

If you turn log off does it go away? Could be your log file is getting too big, or it could be your antivirus is causing it. There should be a way to mark the log file in your antivirus so it doesnt watch every single write.
  13. Furking New Member

Log turned off
    No antivirus
    Tried oooold Nvidia drivers
    Tried installing all new drivers for everything, MB, SSDs, Sound drivers, RAID drivers
    No logs on
    Game runs great, untill I fight, even in a group of 6 my FPS drops to 20ish, lag lag lag lag

/crryyyyyyyy
  14. svann Augur

15. Furking New Member

Tried disabling firewalls all together to see if that fixed it before setting up all the ports and it didn't :(
  16. Furking New Member

Reinstalled windows today, still stutters like mad.

Disabled the windows DVR thing also as many say causes that, still doesn't work.
  17. Sarkaukar Augur

Thought you liked the original post, nothing noted there. Vertex Shaders is enabled, correct?

Then possibly Sound triggers. More items scrolling across the screen more items that have to be read. And many people tend to have a base set or very few sets of triggers nowadays instead of breaking them up for the events. Besides updating audio drivers, reduce or play without triggers in group, since you do see a decrease in FPS there.

After that, may want to roll back the Windows Install. Across a few other games a few people have had issues with the recent update.
  18. Furking New Member

Got it working, formatted drives installed Windows 8.1 and now everything is running perfectly ;)

Thank you all for your inputs, sadly Win10 April update had something in it I couldnt find.

-Furking
  19. Geroblue Augur

Instead of patching monthly, MS is patching each quarter year. It makes for larger patches that take longer. To patch some holes in Windows last fall, the patch did slow computers down. That is from a Windows 10 computer forum I go to.

Apparently the patch to fill a large hole in windows does force a computer slowdown as part of the fix. It shouldn't slow you gaming down so much thjough that its impossible to play.

There have been reports of software purchased and installed by the computer home owner being delated as part ofb the patch process. The post on the computer forums where i saw this, claimed there was a part of the MS EULA that said they could do that.
  20. svann Augur

Win10 here and not seeing any problems at all.