Ranger Headshot Degradation...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Myzir, May 27, 2018.

1. Myzir New Member

Hit a new level in Headshot and noticed a drastic decrease in the number and procs. I spent 30 minutes in a zone that was pretty reliable with headshot and I was able to have it proc 4 times in 30 minutes. This is beyond reasonable. Has anyone else encountered this issue?
  2. Repthor Augur

in A Zone ? how very informative . did you also happen to kill A mob in A game with A bow on A Ranger?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Nolrog like this.
  3. Lianeb Augur

I like Green Eggs and Ham
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Kiras Augur

My jboots are slower now.

Jokes aside, I haven't noticed this at all. Could it be that your buffs changed or something? I used to find it noticeable when shammy buffs faded.

Headshot's damage is still undeniably bugged (the AA description for ROS had its damage increasing, and it did not), but I haven't noticed any proc rate issues at all.
  5. Derka Power Ranger

Are you playing on a TLP server perhaps? It's a bug with the ranks. There's a whole thread about it.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tss-headshot-proc-rate.249102/
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

just make sure your fighting the right kind of mobs and there within the level limit of headshot. My ranger's headshot been procing a lot.

Andarriel
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Headshot works, it dosent do the damage it is supposed to tho.

You are doing something wrong, be it mobs, lvls, buffs, etc.
  8. bazinga Elder

If you want to ask that question, you better first ask why rogue "assasinate" skill doesnt actually 1 shot kill lvl 110+ mobs...by definition of the word, the skill should do that. And im not even going to talk about the decap ability.
  9. Leigo You come here often?

make sure you're within the aa level limit and humanoid mobs.
    I have not noticed any issues with HS procing.. But as others said, the current damage doesnt match the description.
  10. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Decapping a goo is the best thing, or even better, a ghost.