There wont be another successful new TLP server. Change my mind.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, May 23, 2018.

1. Nolrog Augur

IMO, that's true right now, because we've had a bunch of TLP servers in a row, so the desire is saturated. However, given time, there will be the demand again. Especially if they add in some kind of twist to make the server unique in some way.
  2. Rcbauer Augur

Make BeastLords and Berserkers available from day 1. Start with Classic and Kunark..then open Velious and SoL...PoP and LoY...etc..

XP rate agnarr-ish.

Screw the FV Loot. It's just for neckbeards that buy their crappy beer with krono.
  3. Celatus Augur

FV rule set wont happen it would be an RMT paradise
  4. Celatus Augur

I don't think they can make bl or zerkers live from day one
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Numzan Augur

The only major problem with the new TLP server idea is you need to have it as orginal as possible, you do not have to have a complete xp drop either like classic since shorter unlocked expansion time frames come out but first and foremost remove

Krono from the system, most of the powerlvling stuff.... but for gawd sake do not introduce it and take it away, it just looked so poor for design, and understanding how to develop a server.

I am not even going to go anywhere else with it, as it is a waist of time, since the devs clearly have no interest in listening to what people have to say anyways.
  6. p2aa Augur

I agree with Machentoo.
    Wait to enter in the realm of harder expansions, and your TLP population will not keep it's players.
    You are still doing "easy expansions", that require just people to show up, and win.
    The real first expansion that step up in raid difficulty will be Underfoot. Suddenly lot of remaining guilds will not beat events like they were used to breeze through it.
    Compare Fippy Darkpaw raid first raid of Underfoot expansion to the joke of Edge of Destruction last event of Seed of Destruction. Then you have Brath raid not far after Fippy Darkpaw.
    Guilds will realize that to beat raids they will need to bang their head against the same raid to learn it, and finally beat it. This is not for everyone. It will make lot of TLP players used to "easy" content to stop showing on. And guilds loosing numbers, forced to merge each other to go on raiding.
    If you manage to go through Underfoot and House of Thule (Hello Ritual of Terror raid in T1, very hard raid), you will enter into Veil of Alaris. The last tier of VoA has some of the hardest raids in EQ : Pillar raid and The Triunity God last raid of the expansion. This will kill another round of the remaining guilds that managed to go through earlier "harder" expansions.
    Also, you will notice that the latest expansions require massive DPS, so DPS classes that don't suck, and produce much more aggro than before, so tanks that don't suck too, and tanks taking way more dmg than before, requiring healers to not suck. The expected skill level of your raid force will be higher. Lack of DPS and you can not progress (especially for Empire of Kunark and Ring of Scale)
    As more and more spells and AA will come with expansions also, you will need to review your current way of doing things. This is not for everyone. Many people think they still do the best things when they are outdated on what is best to do for their class.
    So yeah, TLP will be popular back when TLP servers reach the harder expansions, with a drop of population from current ones to new ones to start over again. There will be others successful TLP servers.
  7. p2aa Augur

Don't get fooled by a minority of players asking for live server merges.
    The majority is happy with the current server population. The latest expansions are very different from current TLP expansions. Zones are a lot smaller. So the more people there are, the less chance you can do the camps you want. Yes a new /pick zone start when too many players in the zone, but yet 40 ish players in a single latest expansion zone is just enough to not allow you to attend any camp.
  8. Stagentti Augur

Never understand this logic when it's been stated over and over again.

With instances any no drop loot which would be highly valuable for RMT folks will plummet in value pretty fast.

For example there will be such a high supply of planar armor available that it will have to be cheap. Between guild instances and the regular zones.
  9. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Yep. Lol I always laugh when I see people say it will be an rmt paradise. In reality there would be so much gear especially early on due to the instances and pickzones.
  10. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]

11. Chatoyan Elder

I can't see leaving Phinny unless the population dies completely (a la Vulak). If that happens, there would be one absolute requirement for me to consider starting over again: 51/50 (or, even better, 65/250).

Words cannot express how little interest I have in ever seeing lguk/velks/ge again.
  12. Polekn Augur

I have very little interest in playing classic to Luclin, but I would start on a server where expansions unlock as soon as somebody defeats bosses from the current one, a la Combine. Kunark would probably unlock in a week, Velious a few days later. Would be fun to try raid with an undergeared raid force for once.
  13. Arrk Augur

I still want a start the TLP's with EVERY expansion unlocked... but level lock the population at level brackets for a period of time(50, 60, 65, 70, etc). since all expansions are open... then all classes/races are too.

You can go anywhere and try to do anything....
    Polekn likes this.
  14. Risiko Augur

I don't think you would have under geared raids because the unlocking of expansions would be so fast that you would end up with level 70's raiding Kunark/Velious. The levels and group-obtainable gear would trivialize the raid content because they would be leveling and gearing up way faster than their weekly raid timers would tick down.

The first guild up would be under geared at times, but that's it. Every other guild behind them would be over geared and over leveled for the content.
  15. Polekn Augur

I am confused, why would level 70 raid Kunark or Velious when you can raid Anguish?
  16. DeseanJackson Augur

I'd say hold off on new TLPs at least until Phinny is closer to reaching Live. Let the craving rebuild.
    Polekn likes this.
  17. Fulkjoo Ninja New Member

need another fresh server but make everyone play on it so there a good 50 guilds rolling around and lots of good juicy entertainment of all kinds. not just running through a zone after 2 months and you the only one running around for days b4 you even see another player. j00f33lz? ? WE NEED A BIG COMMUNITY WHERE FRIENDSHIPS CAN FORM AND KIDS CAN BE MADE, ( LADIES , I'M SINGLE AND KNOW HOW TO PUT IT DOWN ) get at me in game or PM me on forums for more info regarding this ok ladies.? i dont care if you 120lbs or 4 hundo , i put it down like mundo , butchu gotta be fun doh, you dig? Fulkjoo Out
  18. KegadinIsGod Journeyman

Another Sleeper/Combine (unlocks as content is beaten) would be successful.
  19. Tachyon Augur

As an original I'd say open at Kunark and don't get all grumpy about xp rates.
  20. Numzan Augur

I have to agree and here is why?

The foreign $$$ farmers are now taking over TLP EQ in waves of 6-12 or more toons. Where they probably get paid to sit in a zone 24/7 for months on end farming the same items over and over again. Not decked out, wearing nothing. Low end spells, just enough to all cast at the same time.

Has CS done anything? not enough, so i hope all the larger guilds start pushing back. and throw them out of the zones. Since the Devs and CS are unable to keep up, maybe its time all the larger guilds start rolling them out. (You know how)

This is not the EQ i remembered, and it surely is not the EQ i am going to play if it persists into Kunark.

We just can not report enough of this, and people are getting fed up.

want proof? go to the new TLP, do a /who all 50 look for all the roleplaying, and Anon players with the same foriegn names, and check out, pretty much all camp spots that have loot worth dropping. It probably ends up in one players hands from you know what website and being sold in EC. Don't pay for things with Krono's your fooling yourselves in believing your getting a deal.

Fight back unless you really dont care, and to me that means you enjoy the krono farming going on.

What happened to progression? and guild that matters, because i doubt another TLP will ever exist.