Drinal down, 1 minute warning, again.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Smokeydistic, May 27, 2018.

1. Smokeydistic New Member

So is any GM going to fill us in on what's going on here? Drinal is up and down all week, now we're getting 1 minute warnings to log out today and yesterday yet nothing has been said about what's causing issues or for how long these issues might persist.

C'mon guys, if we're going to be stuck dealing with a downtime and 1 minute warnings atleast fill us in on what's going on.
  2. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

I've asked the same, but they're probably still in triage/solutioning stages at the moment. I'm sure we'll have something like an assessment update and ETA for a real fix, given the issues caused every time (e.g., rollbacks, loss of time invested, drops, faction, experience, etc).

For my part, I say let's let them organize it and see what we hear tomorrow. Rarely does it seem these things get resolved without a few hours work.
  3. Smokeydistic New Member

Yeah you're 100% right but would be nice to know if this is the same issue we had during the week or if this is a issue from the fix for the issue last week. Atleast a ETA on how long this might continue would be nice.
  4. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

I agree, and I think reasonable folk at Daybreak will agree as well.... should I prove wrong, well, that will also be insight worth having, so at the moment, I see no downside to being patient. :)
  5. Smokeydistic New Member

Also I just saw the GM's post from the other thread a while back, so i was wrong about not hearing anything from a GM.
  6. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

Yup, and I'm sure we'll get more detail now that it's become something that clearly isn't normal and is demonstrably affecting access and progress.

Soon(tm) I'm sure. :)
  7. Smokeydistic New Member

Also on a positive note, it seems that Db might be adding fixes to live servers in these downtimes, might take a couple more restarts for the issue to get fixed entirely but I was on for about 5 hours this morning. Quite a bit longer than I was last sunday ;)
  8. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

I used to work in tech. I used to work in gaming. I get it. But I also get that as a consumer, I set my own boundaries and am responsible for protecting them.

I know that rudeness doesn't get things resolved and I've yet to see it cause an outpouring of helpful information from anywhere, anytime.

I think that every day I get to log in and play is a gift, all things considered.

But I also think that those days may be in the process of slowly coming to an end.

So I tend to play with more seriousness and less anger than I used to.... until I don't. Heh.

All completely irrelevant to anyone but me, of course; I'm just saying I have more than one perspective/lens to see this through, which helps me (sometimes) avoid being exactly what I hate other people being to me.

Hmm, time to repack the bong. Enjoy your day.
  9. Smokeydistic New Member

Servers are back up!