Usability -- Window managment

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by random_pawn00, May 25, 2018.

1. random_pawn00 Journeyman

There have been many improvements regarding usability over the years with a glaring omission: windows.

It is very difficult trying to do things, like changing gear or digging through the bank or reading tasks whatever because window focus is non-existent. I could have my bags open (using the hotkey to open all bags), then use the hotkey for inventory, but my inventory window is buried underneath somewhere. I then need to move stuff around until I can get an unhindered view of the Inventory window and then proceed to do whatever it was I was trying to do.

I don't know what the best solution is, but one thing that could be done is when a hot key is used to open a window, that window gets focus and appears over all of the others. Based on the existing behavior, there seems to be some sort of hard code precedence/handling of windows and which will appear on top versus underneath. Having a focus applied may help some.

Window docking would be helpful too. We could dock bags, chat windows, etc into groups and move groups around to make things easier to manage.

This is a big frustration factor with the game and probably a deterrent for having more players actively engaged. Not an exhaustive list, but a starting point.
  2. moogs Augur

The user interface definitely could use some major surgery. For now, the only thing I can tell you is that it works okay on a large monitor. At least moving windows around becomes less of an issue. I'm running at 2560x1600 (30" display) resolution. I wouldn't want to play EQ at 4K yet because the volunteer UI modders are not properly supported by DBG.
  3. niente Developer

This is incorrect, whatever window you open or click on has focus.
    Bags have a rule that they are always on top of other windows.

Window docking is something we would like to do in the future, but I have no ETA.
  4. Angahran Augur

If you could fix the copylayout so that hotbar size/layout works that would be great.
    Currently it seems to be random if it will correctly copy they size or number of rows/columns for hotbars.
    moogs likes this.