Returning from VoA, box question. Worse circumstances lol

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dejaiz, May 22, 2018.

1. Dejaiz New Member

So I've been kicking around on my silver logins to see what I have to work with. Before I quit the last time I leveled a ranger and sk to the 80s my main has always been a shaman. He is 96. This is on Zek. My orginal shaman from rallos zek is in the 50s which was transfered to povar in the free transfer years and years ago, and I found blue to be boring from a risk standpoint. I'm by no means a hardcore pvper or player these days; I just I like the idea of the extra risk while hunting or traveling.

Should I stay on zek or find a new server? If I stay should I make the sk the main box?

From what I can see zek is just so empty which doesn't bother me too much but I am afraid it may be a problem later.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Hard to advce on the Zek questiob, it is my understanding that people from Zek likes the server, and everybody else would never go there. My preference would be to box on a Live blue server.

On Live, it is relatively easy to level toons to the 80’ies, especially if you plan to box.

IS Boxer is a really good tool, and perfectly legal on Live (not on TLP). Shameless plug below, showing me killing a named, using IS Boxer.

No matter what you decide, I would suggest you play the tutorial, it is a good refresher.
    Quatr and BadPallyGuildLeader like this.
  3. Dejaiz New Member

Thank you for the response. Any idea about blue server populations in general? I know all are very top heavy and family style guilds exist across the board. However, I don't know. I have 8 characters from my 99 to pop chars on povar before i restarted fresh on zek from rallos.

The tutorial is always the way i begin since it was implemented. I agree with you there. I made a mage on zek to scratch the itch.

Leveling doesn't bother me, nor does the re rolls. Just never played strictly blue before except for 2 weeks from an extended absence so my sample size of blue life wasn't fair nor sufficient. Just confused on the choice of server at this point.

Nice video, wow and great tool. I'll give it a look when I set up shop on a new server and resub.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

LOL...loved the video.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

FV is different rules but VERY high population compared to most other blue servers.
  6. Dejaiz New Member

FV is the role-playing server no? And you can trade no drop right?
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

As you said, top-heavy; larger guilds offer good opportunities for grouping, some guilds are quite welcoming of returning players.

PUG at lower levels is less certain, given the level spread and the quick rush to max level. If you box, this is not an issue.
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Yes. Most stuff that normally would be no drop has that labelled removed making stuff like EOK raid gear molds and ROS facets tradeable.
  9. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Also, people rarely rarely roleplay.
  10. Dejaiz New Member

Oh yeah, I remember the rpers from 99 to 01ish then it was really rare from there. Thanks for the advice guys.

Which servers are you all on?
  11. moogs Augur

You may want to create new characters on a few servers to get a feel for the community on each before you decide to move.
  12. Taetew Lorekeeper

Vox is a really friendly server. I have never encountered a jerk, everyone seems to bend over backwards to give you the shirt off their back on that server.