ORANGE package lost

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by bellower, May 22, 2018.

1. bellower New Member

Dunno if is related to holland server or anything but seems like all orange company users are having lost of problems with package lost in game and is impossible to play.
    seems like all euro players using orange company having the same problem.
    called my net company and they did a test with my speed and was ok, they opened some ports in my router to make it work better and opened a ticket about this problem.
    Do you devs can do anything about that please?
  2. Quatreh Elder

I m using Orange company to and got around 9-15% packet loss in recevied.
  3. Rekni New Member

Same pb with orange i tryed to use Tracert daybreakgames.com

Détermination de l’itinéraire vers daybreakgames.com [64.37.171.63]
    avec un maximum de 30 sauts :

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms livebox.home [192.168.1.1]
    2 40 ms 22 ms 20 ms 80.10.125.79
    3 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms 10.123.164.202
    4 20 ms 21 ms 20 ms lag-40.nctou102.Toulouse.francetelecom.net [193.252.160.6]
    5 26 ms 29 ms 27 ms ae43-0.nipoi202.Poitiers.francetelecom.net [193.252.160.54]
    6 34 ms 37 ms 47 ms 193.252.137.14
    7 * * 33 ms ae-35.ear2.Paris1.Level3.net [4.68.127.233]
    8 180 ms 180 ms 181 ms ae-0-11.bar1.LasVegas1.Level3.net [4.69.148.125]
    9 * * * Délai d’attente de la demande dépassé.
    30 * * * Délai d’attente de la demande dépassé.

So the route stops at ae-0-11.bar1.LasVegas1.Level3.net if i use Daybreakgames.com or everquest.com
  4. svann Augur

Whats orange company?
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

That does not indicate an issue, it just means that the routers at that point are configured to not respond to ICMP/Traceroute requests. The same thing happens from the US. Usually denying ICMP is a security policy as to not expose private networks. I would suppose that the datacenter that Everquest uses is peered off L3 Las Vegas.
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

Likely the name of their ISP.
  7. Rekni New Member

The packet loss seems only occuring on server AB. I checked on The Rathe and packet loss was allmost null.
  8. Adonhiram Augur

I am using Orange (Orange is the major french telecom and intenet company, with filiales in different european countries) too, and have no issue on Ragefire. My ping is usually around 160-170 ms (connection base ping is 2 ms) and there is no packet loss.

So I guess it's an AB issue, which is pretty ironic, considering AB is the European server.
  9. ThePower New Member

Hello everyone, I am with the jazztel company that belongs to the orange company
    and I am also having many problems with the loss of packages received from 10% to 20%. :(
    I was trying to solve the problem with the jazztel-orange company doing many tests
    to try to solve it but I still have the same problem, could you do something about it? :)

Thanks in advance ;)
  10. Siny Augur

To be clear. I'm on AB and most of us are unaffected. I dont use orange.
  11. Rekni New Member

The pb is only for ppl using Orange and company using Orange network and only server AB has this huge pb of packet loss. Even if you are unafected Siny your friends/guildmate are affected to the point that it s allmost impossible to raid for them.
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Server location doesn't help with chat that is re-routed to the US to please the authorities...
    THAT is the core of our issues, that they've decided for chat (and related functions like zoning, handshaakes and so on) to be routed from the EU to the US and back instead of handling them on AB itself.
  13. Agastya New Member

Same problem here, im unable to play correctly. May DB please resolve AB problems? 1 year having lagg, shutdowns problems, now packet-loss... Many people is pissed off, getting bored..