Memorial Day Weekend Bonus Exp?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Keebla, May 22, 2018.

1. Keebla New Member

Confirm or Deny?
  2. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

I know nothing..
  3. TLPjunkie New Member

I know we had it on Phinny in 2016. I wasn't playing during this period last year, but I can only assume they would continue the tradition. They are also notorious for not letting anybody know until the day before or the day of, so it can be hard to plan for.

Given the expansion launches on both Phinny and Coirnav (Phinny gets a level increase today for TSS, and I'm sure there's plenty of people wanting to hit cap on Coirnav prior to Kunark on the 6th), it would be a welcome bonus, and good timing for it.
  4. Risiko Augur

Have you checked the in-game /calendar?
  5. TLPjunkie New Member

Nope, I'm at work. What's it say?
  6. Risiko Augur

I'm at work as well lol
  7. Arrk Augur

Nothing on the in-game calendar...

But precedence is there...
  8. Numiko Augur

They never seem to put that on the Calendar, they like to make it a surprise! .. like they do every long weekend...

for what it's worth last year it was Double EXP, Double Faction and Hero's Forge was half price in the marketplace from Friday noon to Tuesday noon.
  9. Raina Elder

There will be, there always is. And no, they have never and will never confirm it. They usually post it on the Thursday.
  10. discordkitty Augur

They seem to like doing the 1.5 XP bonus lately rather than actual double XP. I've yet to see an actual double XP weekend/week/day/whatever since returning.
  11. Eldrian Augur

Last year's

Summer is almost here so what better time to celebrate than with greater rewards for your adventures in Norrath?
    From 12:00PM PST (Noon) on Friday, May 26, 2017 through 12:00PM PST (Noon) on Tuesday, May 30th, 2017, all servers will have bonus experience! Progression servers this means you too!
    Not only that but you'll also receive bonus rare spawns and faction as well! In addition, the Hero's Forge character feature is on sale in the Marketplace for 50% OFF!
    Start your weekend strong and enjoy this bonus weekend!

https://www.everquest.com/news/may-2017-bonus-xp-experience-promotion
  12. Raltar Augur

They always announce like, the day before it starts. Or even a few hours before it starts. No real advanced warning. It's been that way since I came back a little over a year ago.
  13. Roxxlyy Augur

Spoilers: yes. And some other things. :p
    Whipper, svann, Lelaanla and 5 others like this.
  14. urbanbo70 Elder

Looking forward to being able to buy my epic on Agnarr - YES!
  15. RandomStrategy Augur

Like, potions and stuff in the store?

(THIS WAS A JOKE DON'T HURT ME NGRETH)
  16. Prathun Developer

Roxxlyy! You have to put the spoiler warning at least a screen's height above the spoiler so someone doesn't accidentally see it. :p

Bonus events show up on the calendar while they're active. We do like them to be a surprise, but perhaps more importantly... the details and dates of bonus events often change and often at the last minute, for a variety of reasons.
    Whipper and Roxxlyy like this.
  17. urbanbo70 Elder

Alcohol being one of them I'm sure.
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Prathun like this.
  18. RandomStrategy Augur

I like to imagine it's a hamster choosing what the events are by way of eating tiny burritos labeled with the events.

Or, alternatively, you all force interns to fight to decide.
    Roxxlyy likes this.
  19. Fumi-chan Augur

Please tell me there is a sale on race change scrolls. I desperately need to stock up for Kunark.
  20. Whipper Journeyman

Woot! I'm calling it right now - Double rare spawns!!!